Pheu Thai may misunderstand EC rules: EC

webfact

There are now sufficient EC personnel and police officers available to ensure that elections can be carried out at the polls that were disrupted.

One of the advantages of the election going off without a hitch at a majority of polling stations is that it means that the focus can be placed on those polls where voters' right to vote was blocked. If the EC still feels it has inadequate numbers of officials to run the vote then they can do it over 7 days @ 10 polls per day. With a few hundred police officers and the EC officials deployed at the 10 stations, they can get the job done. All they have to do is to carry out their duties. The EC has come up with excuse after excuse this election, showing itself to be inept and derelict.

The sooner the voting is undertaken, the faster this will be dealt with. It seems the EC wants to drag this out as long as possible.

I believe the royal decree for the election does not permit multiple days.

I also believe that caretaker government spokesman, Chalerm, has fallen foul of the law by announcing the result.

Election binned

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Try again.

He did not announce any result, only the EC can announce a result.

He merely said in HIS OPINION PTP will win over 250 seats.

RT @tulsathit: Wait&see if Chalerm claims that PT's won 260-280 seats will torpedo yesterday's poll on grounds they influence future voters

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The EC surely not support the PDRC, if so they had cancelled the election after the "State of emergency", because since this point, partys not allowed to campaigning. They only look for self defence, and the law is not a bamboo you can bend like you want. Now I waiting for someone who declares the caretaker Government for failed, until it not able to hold lawful elections in the time limit. Look like they all have fear to defend the constitution...rolleyes.gif

Many members have been posting the Yingluck has out smarted the democrats and yesterday won the election

Trouble is Yingluck is nothing but a pawn with higher players in charge of this game of chess

Demoncrats have been sacrificing pawn from the start to lead Yingluck into making mistakes

And she has kept every que and just about drowned her self as she has little experience in real polotics

The demoncreats have let her become self confident

Now its time for the Courts

and PTP final days

Check Mate in the courts

Your picture shows Yingluck's master, but I can't see Suthep's master. Who is it?

Are these elections already about to be null and void?

The endorsement of the Royal Decree published in the Royal Gazette on the 9th December granted that the election must be held within 45 to 60 days of said publishing within the Royal Gazette. The 60 days is up this Friday the 7th February and still no valid election has occurred.

Nonsense. By any reasonable definition these elections results are valid. Every effort has been made to stop them. The forces of darkness have failed. The rest of the world has been applauding the efforts of this government to arrange the elections, deal with the protesters and keep peace and order. By and large, they have done that very well. Is some bureaucrat now going to try to overturn that good work? I don't think so. Thailand's credibility would be shot were that to happen

Credability in Thailand

post-13618-0-74543600-1391412952.gif

Are these elections already about to be null and void?

The endorsement of the Royal Decree published in the Royal Gazette on the 9th December granted that the election must be held within 45 to 60 days of said publishing within the Royal Gazette. The 60 days is up this Friday the 7th February and still no valid election has occurred.

Nonsense. By any reasonable definition these elections results are valid. Every effort has been made to stop them. The forces of darkness have failed. The rest of the world has been applauding the efforts of this government to arrange the elections, deal with the protesters and keep peace and order. By and large, they have done that very well. Is some bureaucrat now going to try to overturn that good work? I don't think so. Thailand's credibility would be shot were that to happen

Don't look now but what credibility does Thailand currently have. Sweet all. Even its supposed lesser neighbours are laughing at them.

Perhaps you could also point me to where the rest of the world has been applauding Pheau Thai. All I have seen is every country's trotted out normal response for everybody to respect democracy...blah blah blah...

I would not call the mess that has just been played out yesterday valid. On yesterdays results there is still no government and is still not going to be when the 60 days as ruled by the Royal Decree expire this Friday. I think 'some bureaucrat' would pay more attention to the grantor of Royal Decrees than any other noteworthy in Thailand.

It would be an interesting proposition to take to the Constitutional Court this week.

• Like 2

The EC surely not support the PDRC, if so they had cancelled the election after the "State of emergency", because since this point, partys not allowed to campaigning. They only look for self defence, and the law is not a bamboo you can bend like you want. Now I waiting for someone who declares the caretaker Government for failed, until it not able to hold lawful elections in the time limit. Look like they all have fear to defend the constitution...rolleyes.gif

Many members have been posting the Yingluck has out smarted the democrats and yesterday won the election

Trouble is Yingluck is nothing but a pawn with higher players in charge of this game of chess

Demoncrats have been sacrificing pawn from the start to lead Yingluck into making mistakes

And she has kept every que and just about drowned her self as she has little experience in real polotics

and PTP final days

Check Mate in the courts

Your picture shows Yingluck's master, but I can't see Suthep's master. Who is it?

One couldn't possibly comment. Really.

I believe this headline is wrong: to me it appears that the EC does not understand its role in facilitating independent elections on behalf of the people , WITHOUT FEAR or FAVOUR.

wow you have studied the Thai constitution and you are an expert of what should can and can not be done here

we are so lucky to have you in Thailand

I will enjoy seeing you on the front page of every Major Thai newspaper tomorrow

Western man solves the Election problem

You would not be lieing to us would you ????

His one sided red view as he works among only their perspective in his daily work studying economic disparity. That is not the only side of the coin. Don't forget the rural poor shafted by PTP and who have awoken to say no more, especially after the rice scheme scam.

Care to explain then why in rural Thailand, more people have voted for Puea Thai on Sunday than in the last election? Those few Democrat-paid farmers blocking the highways are not the majority of rural farmers. Most of them know exactly what is going on politically and are not fooled by Suthep.

wow no one has released any figures but you have all the inside knowledge

I am starting to believe all you fools would get Thailand out of it problems

You will of coarse all be getting together, forming a new Political Party and solving everything

Pray to god he has sent us Know it all saviours

post-13618-0-39364100-1391413398.gif

• Like 1

Care to explain then why in rural Thailand, more people have voted for Puea Thai on Sunday than in the last election? Those few Democrat-paid farmers blocking the highways are not the majority of rural farmers. Most of them know exactly what is going on politically and are not fooled by Suthep.

Care to show links to that information, considering, AFAIK, the Election Commission haven't released any results except for voter turnout.

Individual polling stations across Thailand have released results themselves. It's against forum rules to post these links so if you are interested in further education please go find them yourself.

The ones who still support PTP have not come to realize they have not benefited but only been further oppressed. They are unable to see yet, how they are used & abused by this feudal system. Lack of education has everything to do with it- and PTP sure know how to string a rabbit along danging a carrot.

If you think they know what is going on, those who support PTP, you have to be joking. The see things on a micro level, and read Thai Raht for crying out loud.I think you're far removed from reality, exposure to them. Talk to them. They just want handouts and free money. PTP exploit them on this.

Care to show links to that information, considering, AFAIK, the Election Commission haven't released any results except for voter turnout.

My friend that was to be the Joke of the day

just wait till the next time he gets on his soapbox

Individual polling stations across Thailand have released results themselves. It's against forum rules to post these links so if you are interested in further education please go find them yourself.

The ones who still support PTP have not come to realize they have not benefited but only been further oppressed. They are unable to see yet, how they are used & abused by this feudal system. Lack of education has everything to do with it- and PTP sure know how to string a rabbit along danging a carrot.

If you think they know what is going on, those who support PTP, you have to be joking. The see things on a micro level, and read Thai Raht for crying out loud.I think you're far removed from reality, exposure to them. Talk to them. They just want handouts and free money. PTP exploit them on this.

It's disgusting to see your portrayal of rural Thais as nothing more than uneducated and money hungry.

Shame on you.

It is not against TV rules to give any factual links that are not under a copyright infringments

Try another one to get out of you BS statement

If they are from rival newspapers or websites that contain forums, it is.

Learn to read.

and PTP final days

Check Mate in the courts

I thought the answer to that is obvious

Unlike Taskin who has a big lust for power and is will ing to let every one know

Their are many Democrat Leaders waiting silently in the shadows

If you not know who they are

time you did some reading before posting

My friend that was to be the Joke of the day

just wait till the next time he gets on his soapbox

Shannon forgets that 80% of thailand has a low education, thats a fact especially among the rural poor. May be sad, but should not be a crime to take notice in order to change that.

That does impact one's thinking and perspective- but we can live in fantasy and politically correct land instead there, shannon

Edited by gemini81

I believe this headline is wrong: to me it appears that the EC does not understand its role in facilitating independent elections on behalf of the people , WITHOUT FEAR or FAVOUR.

wow you have studied the Thai constitution and you are an expert of what should can and can not be done here

we are so lucky to have you in Thailand

I will enjoy seeing you on the front page of every Major Thai newspaper tomorrow

Western man solves the Election problem

You would not be lieing to us would you ????

His one sided red view as he works among only their perspective in his daily work studying economic disparity. That is not the only side of the coin. Don't forget the rural poor shafted by PTP and who have awoken to say no more, especially after the rice scheme scam.

we seem to be getting our information from different places

My wife says this was the lowest Thai turn up at her local polling station, and many of the officers at counting are amazed at the number on No Votes

but then again we will not know till the votes are officialy released

Against forum rules? Do you mean that they are in the Bangkok Post? What was the title of the article that these details are in?

If it was some other publication, there are no rules to stop you posting a link.

Learn to read.

So you're quoting some anonymous post in another forum as your source? Surely they had a source for their information?

Posts made on internet web sites are done so freely

there is no copyright on these aricles so they become part of the Public Domain

We have rules saying no to link to the Bangkok Post

but there is noting to stop us giveing the page it was on

and of coarse it must have been todays paper

I went right through the English and Thai version and I can not find it

Now you would not be telling fibbies would you

Edited by tezzainoz
  • Like 2

It is not against TV rules to give any factual links that are not under a copyright infringments

Try another one to get out of you BS statement

Learn to read.

Jeezus. They are really ganging up on you mate. I think they are disappointed the elections were held and were actually successful given the amount of effort put into trying to shut them down. I know this post will get picked to pieces by the cocks (roosters) on here, but I have a thick skin.

• Like 1

Learn to read.

So you're quoting some anonymous post in another forum as your source? Surely they had a source for their information?

Read Forum Rule #10. "Not to post URL links to other forums"

would that be the fear of PTP threats against election officials for not doing any favours to PTP?

• Like 1

Learn to read.

You should join the Democrat Party.

Instead of going out there and doing some reading by yourself, gather actual facts and updated information, you try and distort, twist and bend bureaucracy your way.

I'm serious, join the Democrat Party of Thailand. You will fit in perfectly.

• Like 1

Question : does the EC know what it stands for ?

And does the EC know what the rules are or do they make them up as they need some new ones in case they really don't know themselves ?

I for myself would not refer to them as " wise men "

rolleyes.gifwai.gif

I would guess they know more about it than you would, or PTP for that matter! whistling.gif

Anti Election Committee threatens to never hold elections as they do not want their friends to lose.............and want to break the rules so the courts have to get involved to seize power and appoint a PM and appoint a cabinet................

The EC are scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

They need to kick out the PDRC sympathizers and get only true non-biased people on board.

In my opinion of course.

Not much of an opinion! Better PTP have full reign to do as they please rather than any independent body making sure they stay within the constitution!

It has continuously stated all thru this article about holding a/an election. But this next time would not be a election. It would be continuing and completing an old election. So none if this should be applicable to this situation. Also, thai election laws said that an election must be held and completed on the SAME DAY.

So who is misinterpreting or changing these laws ti suit their needs?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And then you read on until you get to the part of what to do if something stops election in a limited amount of provinces. Because, remember that a huge majority of polling boots where open in Thailand. Not even the coup generals and sutheps rewrite in 2011 to win an election could be stupid enough to let a mob interrupt a limited amount of polling units to nullify the thai election.

Have to wait for the courts. I cannot see that the constitution says what to do directly if something stops election in a limited number of provinces. It looks like the rules it lays out only apply when 95% or more constituencies are filled. My interpretation is that a new election is their only legal option. This time they need to make sure the polls are open for voting and that there are candidates registered in each constituency. My personal opinion is that this is the best way forward. Of course my interpretation of things is worth little as I am neither Thai nor a legal expert. If you have some better detail to contribute I'd love to hear it.

"Pheu Thai Party may misunderstand that the Election Commission (EC) would hold a new election for voters in 69 constituencies of 18 provinces who could not vote on February, EC Commissioner Somchai Srisuthiyarkorn said Monday."

With respect, I find hard to take seriously the word of an Election Councillor who didn't even manage to vote himself because no EC officials turned up at his polling station. And this guy is one of those in charge of running an election?

EC member Somchai Srisuthiyakorn failed to cast his vote as no election officials turned up at his polling station, which was later announced closed. http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/840599.shtml

Hey Shannon, if the buzz wore off yet, then have a look at how the major roads in the south are blocked off my farmers (major headline up to the minute). If there are as few as you've said, then how did they replicate themselves in enough number to block off tons of roads? **Check it later though, if you're too stoned.

Oh my god, you are so right. There are MILLIONS of farmers blocking that street. How could I not see that? I'm so blind. I think just about every farmer from the North and North East is blocking that highway right now. Who's looking after the cows at home?

13914096958699-640x390x2.jpg