Powder coating or sandblasting - anywhere on the island?

Go ask JJ at the Castrol shop, in Maenam, I think he'll point you in the right direction......

Ta duck. He's my bike dude anyway and I'm due to see him tomorrow.

But if there was he would have told me as I asked him about chrome already.

Ah But Thais only answer the question put to them.

So he wouldn't have chatted about nickle plating, chassis plating, anodising, or the best place for burgers, either.

I'll prepare a questionnaire for him.

TTFN

R

Go ask JJ at the Castrol shop, in Maenam, I think he'll point you in the right direction......

So he wouldn't have chatted about nickle plating, chassis plating, anodising, or the best place for burgers, either.

TTFN

R

well did you get a result....?.... duckie .....tongue.png

TTFN

R

Duck and duckie is not the same, sweetie.

wink-and-flirt-smiley-emoticon.gif

Didn't make it. Going tomorrow but I'm 99% sure there's nothing here on the island.

Thinking of buying the gear and doing it myself . . . .

R

TTFN

R

Duck and duckie is not the same, sweetie.

wink-and-flirt-smiley-emoticon.gif

Didn't make it. Going tomorrow but I'm 99% sure there's nothing here on the island.

Thinking of buying the gear and doing it myself . . . .

R

OMG dahling...giggle.gif with a face like that you need a make up kit, they sell them on the walking street, in Maenam on Thursdays ....biggrin.png

Actually for sand blasting, if you head up Soi 5 there is a place that has a sign that says "Sandblasting" on the right hand side, within a kilometer or two of the ring road... with big eyes like that you should not miss it.... .... (if you get to Baan Chill Out, you've gone too far! .... so turn around and it's on the left, then )tongue.png

No idea what he sand blasts, but go and ask! Duck!.... rolleyes.giflaugh.png

OMG dahling...giggle.gif with a face like that you need a make up kit, they sell them on the walking street, in Maenam on Thursdays ....biggrin.png

Actually for sand blasting, if you head up Soi 5 there is a place that has a sign that says "Sandblasting" on the right hand side, within a kilometer or two of the ring road... with big eyes like that you should not miss it.... .... (if you get to Baan Chill Out, you've gone too far! .... so turn around and it's on the left, then )tongue.png

No idea what he sand blasts, but go and ask! Duck!.... rolleyes.giflaugh.png

You've heard of emoticons (previously known to older people as smilies)? Well this is a KATOEYICON - kinda the same as an emoticon but a bit bigger all round.

Well JJ says no-go for powder coating - people send stuff to BKK to be done.

Ta for the S-blasting tip - I check out the Soi 5 thing.

But I've now decided I'm going to set up a little workshop and do it all myself. I can get hold of everything I need except for the powder colours - but I got some Thai friends doing Googly-Thai stuff for me. Hopefully there's one or more powder coating suppliers on the mainland. There's no huge rush - I can wait for stuff from Ali-Express to crawl across from China.

Thanks for your help Jim,

R

Im interested to know how u got on too as I need some stuff doing... quack quack smile.png

Thumbs-down for the powder coating - but see Jim's comments about Soi 5.

R

Ah .... the Soi 5 place turned out to be a bit different than I thought.... just one of those places you drive by often and catch a glimpse of a sign... but it is sand washing.... facepalm.gif

OK if you want to blast stone etc! thumbsup.gif ..... might be useful for someone needing that! wink.png (Opposite the coconut husking place, near Samran Gardens, about 2 km up from ring road! )

(I did PM Rob on that!)

SAM_1469.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy