True visions some channels not working today - anyone else?

Pakaty

I usualy start my day by turning on BBC or CNN while catching up on the internet on my laptop but today I'm not getting either news channel as well as a few other channels. All I get the message saying to check the cable connection on the set-top box. The same message I get during a heavy rainstorm.

So before I call True is it just me or are any of you experiencing the same great service we have come to expect from them?

And no I'm not just starting my day now. I just waited and hoped it would sort itself but after 8 or 9 hours it hasn't.

• Like 1

Same here. No BBC, HBO HD, discovery and about 5 or 6 more. Working OK yesterday. Called True and they say problem in the house, which I do not believe seeing as other channels working fine. Have been told to call service engineer tomorrow morning to arrange a visit.

FYI, I am in Chiangmai.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by phukettrader

Now I'm really pissed! I checked ASN ch. 157 this afternoon to make sure it was working so I could watch the Superbowl and it was. Sure enough when I go to watch it that channel is no longer working. I tried unpluging the box and let it sit 10 minutes then rebooted it, still nothing. Of all days for this to happen. Called 2 friends and they say theirs boxes are woking fine. For me at least 6 channels that I know of are not working though I suspect there are others as well. Thanks True....NOT!

Edited by Pakaty
  • Like 1

Now I'm really pissed! I checked ASN ch. 157 this afternoon to make sure it was working so I could watch the Superbowl and it was. Sure enough when I go to watch it that channel is no longer working. I tried unpluging the box and let it sit 10 minutes then rebooted it, still nothing. Of all days for this to happen. Called 2 friends and they say theirs boxes are woking fine. For me at least 6 channels that I know of are not working though I suspect there are others as well. Thanks True....NOT!

I haven't had any problem in Pattaya today. Watched the Super Bowl this morning. Just checked and channel 157 as well as the news channels are all coming through without a problem.

I'm in Samui and I too have several channels not working. BBC Knowledge (18), BBC Lifestyle (62), BBC World News (89), Discovery HD (123), HBO HD (131). Maybe others. So Pakaty in Phuket, phukettrader in Chiang Mai and me in Samui all have to same problem. I guess the problem isn't in our houses.

• Like 1

I'm in Samui and I too have several channels not working. BBC Knowledge (18), BBC Lifestyle (62), BBC World News (89), Discovery HD (123), HBO HD (131). Maybe others. So Pakaty in Phuket, phukettrader in Chiang Mai and me in Samui all have to same problem. I guess the problem isn't in our houses.

Same here outside of Chiang Mai. True says they'll send a tech to the house within 3 days... great service yes?

You might need to update your converter box as know GMM had to be updated yesterday (did it automatically) and True uses the same bird so some channels may have change freqs? There should be a way to OTA download manually if not done automatic. Believe the new Thaicom Sat is starting to be used so expect there will be a bunch of changes happening over the next few months.

Just to add to the confusion -

I live just outside Chiangmai, on the way to Saraphi

Absolutely no problems with any of the True Visions channels.

Watch a couple of the ones mentioned above yesterday and just checked them all today;

coming through clearly!

Perhaps it's the type/make of box that's been issued?

They show different ones in their literature.

Same here outside of Chiang Mai. True says they'll send a tech to the house within 3 days... great service yes?

True also told me 3 days. I said not good enough so they sent a crew within a couple of hours! One of them went up on the roof and repositioned the dish slightly and everything back to normal now, so I guess they must have repositioned the satellite or something.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I am in Chiang Mai, and the channels referred to in this thread working OK.

However, from today, 5th, Truevisions has been "tickertaping" us on the bottom of the screen advertising (boasting?!) about two new channels from today, both sports channels, position 158 and 159.

So, are they there......dont hold your breath, no, of course theyre not there! Anyone else got them?

They put up a new Thaicom5 - some switching around going on - I am still waiting for my GMMZ box replacement - presently have no pay channels I can view.

The new satellites are Thaicom 6a & 6 - Thaicom 5 is what you were using ..

See this link for all the channels on this bird .. http://www.lyngsat.com/Thaicom-5-6A.html

Edited by joncl

OK today late the 10th where is my new box? - been getting the tomorrow bit for a week now. No pay channels makes it pretty worthless - unhappy. Anyone else still waiting for the box that should have been here not later then the 6th?