Suthep playing with Cambodian fire

webfact

Of course what would happen if the media refused to be used like a fog horn and actually demanded that these claims be substantiatedm

Good luck on that. The media, television to be precise, clearly is subsidized and non-competitive unlike developed countries because you see the same news footage, the same talent, and of course the same national anthem footage at the same hours twice a day as well as the same programming nightly on the main channels. Of course, it is the prerogative to do this in places like Venezuela, Iran, Cuba, and so on.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless, the suggestion is hardly out of the very real realm of possibilities, knowing the cozy relationship between Thaksin, cambodia's advisor, and Hun Sen.

"Hun Sen is widely viewed as a dictator that has assumed authoritarian power in Cambodia using violence and intimidation and corruption to maintain his power base.[3][4][5]Hun Sen has accumulated highly centralized power in Cambodia, including a 'praetorian guard that appears to rival the capabilities of the countrys regular military units.'[6]" wiki

Oh, never mind, During Abhisit's regime, the road from Poipet to Siem Reap was made by a Thai company. Electricity infrastructure re-newed and Thai electricity transported to Cambodia.

Suthep has shown on many occasions now he lacks common sense. Let him make conflicts with all nationalities including his fellow citizens. From Khmer to US, from Myanmar to China. The man is full of frustrated fury.

Question.

Has the Cambodian army been the first to cast any stone during this 5 or 6 years of nonsense.

Seems Suthep is playing with thai fire.

Are you forgetting the border clashes before the 2011 election? Admittedly, they weren't stones being lobbed into eastern Thailand, who the instigators were is subject to dispute, but the timing was very convenient and beneficial to an "eternal friend".

If I remember, it wasn't proven who started it, but I think safe to say, Thailand has more to gain than Cambodia.

Please send these nationalists down there to solve the problems. I'm sure the Cambodians would quake in their boots.

Scoundrels the lot of them.

It is not a matter of which country has more to gain, but which politician. There is one Thai politician has tried his utmost to create instability and division in the country.

I find it as news worthy that the Nation would publicly make the statement, "to conceal the protesters political mistake in turning against Democracy" Suthep tried to focus the attention away from his lack of political expertise.

Cheers

• Like 1

Taksin and Hun Sen are planning the offshore Oil and -Gas exploration in the Overlapping Claim Area in the Gulf of Thailand. Suthin Tharatin had some informations about this project and what going on. Thats why some people believe, he killed by Cambodian special forces. And I think that Hun Sen is not Cambodia, same trouble like here. The US, French and Japanese involved in this exploration too.

Never underestimate what politicans do for money (Oil)...

• Like 1

One major point this report falls down on is that nobody, not Suthep nor the Navy have implied that any involvement by Cambodian mercenaries were sponsored by the Cambodian administration. As a matter of fact, I would say that they were almost certainly trying to say that these Cambodians involved were probably set up by Thaksin using his more 'covert; contacts in Cambodia, totally unbeknown to the Cambodian authorities.

Not once did anyone say Han Sen sent people. But this report is trying to intimate that, and that in itself is playing with 'Cambodian Fire'.

A bit hypocritical if you ask me.

• Like 1

Well, all I know is in Cambodia, tour guides are well dressed, polite, and speak just about every language. Tuk Tuks are 2$ where ever you go. The taxi's are clean and metered. I'd just assume have them running the joint......

You obviously do not know much about Cambodiawink.png

• Like 1

.......there were countless photos..........and eyewitnesses.....of mercenaries being smuggled in to Thailand from Cambodia....

....now....it never happened.....???......

....now....Suthep's 'fabrication'.....and how dare he jeopardize Thai/Cambodia relations.....???

....no point in trying to follow the news then, I guess....???

....this is really scary sh*t....

...truth has no bearing, I guess...???.

...whatever the truth may be......the government will tell us...and the newspapers what 'truth' is....???

....very confusing....to say the least....

One major point this report falls down on is that nobody, not Suthep nor the Navy have implied that any involvement by Cambodian mercenaries were sponsored by the Cambodian administration. As a matter of fact, I would say that they were almost certainly trying to say that these Cambodians involved were probably set up by Thaksin using his more 'covert; contacts in Cambodia, totally unbeknown to the Cambodian authorities.

Not once did anyone say Han Sen sent people. But this report is trying to intimate that, and that in itself is playing with 'Cambodian Fire'.

The conspiracy theorists just get crazier and crazier around here. Why, in heaven's name, would Thaksin 'employ' Cambodian soldiers to do his dirty work when there are more than enough armed people loyal to him within Thailand? Why would he take the risk of being caught out employing foreign soldiers to attack Thais? [If a single Cambodian soldier was captured or killed on Thai soil and shown to be doing Thaksin's bidding, it would be the end of him as far as the political stage is concerned]. If he can manage to supposedly arrange for Cambodian soldiers to do his bidding, why not just arrange for Thai 'red-minded' soldiers to do it? [2010 showed this is possible, it would be easier, and it certainly would not have the same fallout if things go awry.] How easy would it be for Cambodian soldiers to cross into Thailand on such a mission? [It would require the connivance of many people, from the military to immigration, with all of the attendant risks]

And a final question: why don't people ask themselves these same simple questions before signing on to ridiculous conspiracy theories?

• Like 1

The conspiracy theorists just get crazier and crazier around here. Why, in heaven's name, would Thaksin 'employ' Cambodian soldiers to do his dirty work when there are more than enough armed people loyal to him within Thailand? Why would he take the risk of being caught out employing foreign soldiers to attack Thais? [If a single Cambodian soldier was captured or killed on Thai soil and shown to be doing Thaksin's bidding, it would be the end of him as far as the political stage is concerned]. If he can manage to supposedly arrange for Cambodian soldiers to do his bidding, why not just arrange for Thai 'red-minded' soldiers to do it? [2010 showed this is possible, it would be easier, and it certainly would not have the same fallout if things go awry.] How easy would it be for Cambodian soldiers to cross into Thailand on such a mission? [It would require the connivance of many people, from the military to immigration, with all of the attendant risks]

And a final question: why don't people ask themselves these same simple questions before signing on to ridiculous conspiracy theories?

Occam's razor my friends.......

• Like 1

Of course what would happen if the media refused to be used like a fog horn and actually demanded that these claims be substantiatedm

You mean 'journalists' at The Nation actually acting like real journalists and asking questions? How would The Bangkok Post manage that? Crazy talk. This is why they can't handle the western media reports as they come close to being independent. The Thai elite find that all very confusing.

It's an old proverb but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Maybe the same black snipers shooting in 2010 on the reds. Its every time the same simple question, who have the favour. And no, Im not crazy, but yes I think the reds shoot the own people. Another theory is that this was a navy special force, I dont think so. Everything is possible in the world of money and power. Or you have a simple answer, who are the "Men in black"?

Let the clown continue. His allegations is in direct conflict with the finding of the military on the foreign force issue. If he step on enough toes it will be game over. As he knows too much regarding the traditional elites involvement in the protest and if these protest don't get the correct results for them, he could face permanent retirement. Live by the sword die by the sword they say.

Maybe the same black snipers shooting in 2010 on the reds. Its every time the same simple question, who have the favour. And no, Im not crazy, but yes I think the reds shoot the own people. Another theory is that this was a navy special force, I dont think so. Everything is possible in the world of money and power. Or you have a simple answer, who are the "Men in black"?

I'm sorry but statements like "everything is possible..." is exactly the problem here. Many things (not everything) are possible, but some things are much less likely than others. If something is unlikely--or if the theory is overly complex and convoluted--then there had better be some compelling reason/evidence to believe it. And so far there isn't in this case.

And which "men in black" (a favourite term among conspiracy theorists) are you referring to? The ones on top of the building last year, the ones at the 2010 protests, the ones here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_in_Black or these ones http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_in_Black_%28film%29 (I have it on good authority that, in the last case at least, they were Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith).

• Like 1

" Instead, we could see Suthep or his former Democrat Party colleagues installed in power and thereby in position to talk with Cambodia about the issue. "

That's a bit of a foray into fairy land in an article that apparently purports to be critical of supposition. It seems that by ending with this provocative sentence, the writer ought to devote a whole new column in support of this " counter-supposition ".

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 1

this is just more proof the suthep is insane and completely out of control with reality. But if the government were to step in now that would just make him a martar. And Thailabd does not need a martar, especially like him. Any government he forms will be formed of blood in the streets.

May I suggest googling "David Icke" if your not already familiar with his "work".

• Like 1

Yes, there's little to substantiate Suthep's allegations. It makes no sense to use Cambodians. There are plenty of angry Thais who are ready to attack the PDRC, in any case. However, going back to Tharit's suggestion of foreign involvement in the PDRC rallies. Apparently one protest leader, Issara Somchai, has hired some men who claim to be former French Foreign Legion as part of his security detail. Here is one of them:

Bfeu7a7CEAEKDFf.jpg

There's no evidence these men have been involved in violence. I only point it out because I saw the suggestion that the FFL were involved - dismissed it as ridiculous - but then someone on Twitter claimed to have spoken to these men who told him that they'd been hired as 'security advisors' for Issara. I guess it's not that strange after all, I've heard that some other prominent Thais also have foreigners advising on security, ex special forces and the like. Presumably these guys are just there to give advice, not actually use weapons...

I very much doubt any reputable special forces operator would allow themselves to be in a situation where that type of photo can be taken. That farang looks like some walter mitty gym/steroid junkie by the size of him, with the objective of looking cool rather than doing anything substantive.

And he doesn't have a whistle around his neck.........so what good is he?

• Like 1

Question.

Has the Cambodian army been the first to cast any stone during this 5 or 6 years of nonsense.

Seems Suthep is playing with thai fire.

Are you forgetting the border clashes before the 2011 election? Admittedly, they weren't stones being lobbed into eastern Thailand, who the instigators were is subject to dispute, but the timing was very convenient and beneficial to an "eternal friend".

If I remember, it wasn't proven who started it, but I think safe to say, Thailand has more to gain than Cambodia.

Please send these nationalists down there to solve the problems. I'm sure the Cambodians would quake in their boots.

Scoundrels the lot of them.

Chris Baker pointed the finger at nationalists for the clash. Suggested it was instigated by those who didn't want the election to go ahead. I don't know. Not sure how sparking up nationalist frenzy would've helped Thaksin though.

Exactly. This endless parroting of innuendo and nationalist rhetoric gives me indigestion. This bloke will turn on anyone who he fancies

Eventually it will be farangs in general.

Yes, there's little to substantiate Suthep's allegations. It makes no sense to use Cambodians. There are plenty of angry Thais who are ready to attack the PDRC, in any case. However, going back to Tharit's suggestion of foreign involvement in the PDRC rallies. Apparently one protest leader, Issara Somchai, has hired some men who claim to be former French Foreign Legion as part of his security detail. Here is one of them:

Bfeu7a7CEAEKDFf.jpg

There's no evidence these men have been involved in violence. I only point it out because I saw the suggestion that the FFL were involved - dismissed it as ridiculous - but then someone on Twitter claimed to have spoken to these men who told him that they'd been hired as 'security advisors' for Issara. I guess it's not that strange after all, I've heard that some other prominent Thais also have foreigners advising on security, ex special forces and the like. Presumably these guys are just there to give advice, not actually use weapons...

I very much doubt any reputable special forces operator would allow themselves to be in a situation where that type of photo can be taken. That farang looks like some walter mitty gym/steroid junkie by the size of him, with the objective of looking cool rather than doing anything substantive.

Well, i spoke to the guys on the picture fifteen days ago. They both are from the french foreign legion. The farang is french foreign legion and the thai is ex french foreign legion. They were both "hired" or volunteered for this. I saw their miltitary cards as they were bragging about this.

The farang one seemd also to have driven the constuction machine during the first riots with the police.

But i don t think they are sent by the french foreign legion but more as freelancer

Edited by aaacorp
  • Like 1

Remember the Khmer Rouge......a very effective movement that. Rounded up the traditional elite and put them to the sword....the lot of 'em. ....judges, palace members and officials, businesspeople etc....in Suthep's words, "the educated people" who are the only ones in his view who have the right to vote or govern.

Calling all Thai crazies! Report to your commanders for instructions.

Bfeu7a7CEAEKDFf.jpg

Well, i spoke to the guys on the picture fifteen days ago. They both are from the french foreign legion. The farang is french foreign legion and the thai is ex french foreign legion. They were both "hired" or volunteered for this. I saw their miltitary cards as they were bragging about this.

The farang one seemd also to have driven the constuction machine during the first riots with the police.

But i don t think they are sent by the french foreign legion but more as freelancer

This has the be taken seriously. They have after investigation been identified as being part of the entertainment corps...

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

Bfeu7a7CEAEKDFf.jpg

It's either steroids or he was in a rush getting dressed in the morning and left the coat hanger in his shirt.................

• Like 1

Bfeu7a7CEAEKDFf.jpg

How can a Thai be part of the French foreign legion, he's not French!

Bfeu7a7CEAEKDFf.jpg

How can a Thai be part of the French foreign legion, he's not French!

You obviously do not know that the Legion accepts those of all nationalities.

Just been revealed that the guy who was shot in the neck at Lak Si was none other than ..... drum roll......... One of Hun Sen's associates, and an ex member of the Cambodian Secret Service.

I thought it was a bit weird when they never announced where he was from to the public, yet in almost all media reports they will disclose where he is from.

It is also unusual that reports are very limited. Apart from one short story, it is like the door has been slammed shut on the media

1656428_603100616423556_1700858422_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=603100616423556&set=a.118565028210453.14190.100001708705432&type=1&theater

I am not confirming this is true, but no smoke without fire.

The leak says that they are desperately attempting to repatriate him back to Cambodia, obviously best not to be hanging around Thailand when this sort of info starts leaking.

Also, I would add that Suthep has a lot more information of what is happening behind the scenes than every single TVF member combined. He has very high up contacts who keep him totally informed at every step. I doubt Suthep would walk on stage and make accusations unless he had it on very good authority. Us mere expats have no clue as to the inner workings of Thai politics whereas Suthep is highly connected to it.