New Zealand teen jailed in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He gave the phone back like that's gonna make it all better. It's like robbing a bank and then giving the money back - hey, no harm no foul. I also love how the media always paints these teen fwits as victims : shame the prison must be terrible; hes got a job and works really hard - obviously not hard enough if he decided to steal a phone in Thailand. Thieves make my blood boil-the lowest form of respect and highest form of laziness. Somnamna

I completely agree mate. Stealing from someone that probably makes a very small percentage

I learn something ever day here. Now when I plan to rob a bank, I will make sure it's daylight outside.

Good for you! That's when the banks are typically open. A night-time break in would require some smarts, and boy, you aren't there yet.

• Like 2

Just to provide a bit of balance. From the OP link, the offender was offered bail, but neither he or his friend had the funds, family is currently arranging the funds. Probable will have to pay a fine, deported & then blacklisted for a while so long as family can/will pay the fine on conviction, airfare etc

"Bail was about 60,000 (NZ$2250), which neither Samson or Holmes were able to pay"

• Like 1