Kudos, OZ embassy

Samran: Congrats to you and family.

It's amazing the number of people who post on this issue and apparently unable to look up the guidance/process that is clearly documented on the Embassy website

• Like 1

Samran: Congrats to you and family.

It's amazing the number of people who post on this issue and apparently unable to look up the guidance/process that is clearly documented on the Embassy website

Thanks,

I must admit I found the forms a touch confusing at one point, but the fail safe is just to bring everything along to the embassy in case they ask for unexpected document requests. For instance they wanted to see my Thai passport (in addition to the Aussie one) as well as our wedding certificate. From memory none of these were explicity needed on the form.

The list of needed things was a proof of address - I brought along a letter from the ATO addressed to me in Thailand, and I was told they didn't want it.

The main one was of course the translated and legalised birth certificate. Nice thing also was that apart from this, they were happy to just cite the originals and made copies themselves. No need for additional certifications from the MoFA.

Nevertheless, they are all friendly and accept CC payments these days.

• Like 1

I must admit I found the forms a touch confusing at one point, but the fail safe is just to bring everything along to the embassy in case they ask for unexpected document requests.

Agree and agree.

• 1 year later...

I did it online and it took a month. I had uploaded the many documents that they requested in their forms, but they asked for more by email, and it took more weeks for responses and acceptance.

It is finally done. Now we have to pick up the certificate in Bangkok and hopefully get the passport done on the same day.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to resurrect a long dead thread but can anyone recommend where to get the child's birth certificate translated from Thai to English and whether you have to get this certified by the ministry of foreign affairs in Chang wattans?

Sorry to resurrect a long dead thread but can anyone recommend where to get the child's birth certificate translated from Thai to English and whether you have to get this certified by the ministry of foreign affairs in Chang wattans?

There a certified translation services everywhere, I just had a translation done here in hua hin, under tlc the thai language school. It doesn't have to be stamped by foreign affairs, it just needs the certifiers stamp. Cost is about 450bht and takes a day,

I think the vfs in trendy building Bangkok has translation services as well.

• Like 1