Democrats ask to have Pheu Thai dissolved

webfact

Thaksin was just lucky enough to be in power at the right time.

Someone once asked Napoleon what was the quality he most valued in a general and he replied "He must be lucky". Successful people make their own luck.

Stop and think about what you're saying for a moment. Thailand is the 20th biggest country on Earth in terms of population. A popular PM and party have just been re-elected with another landslide election victory.

So you want the PM and cabinet of this large country to just resign days after winning an election, get on a plane and just go away.

And then what? Who would be running this country of 65 million people the next day?

Suthep and 500 'good people'."............riiiiiiight! And who would pick these 500 virtuous men? Not the voters obviously. Who would check their backgrounds for previous corruption? Not the voters, obviously. Would they run Thailand forever or would there be an election someday? And more than 20,000,000 people who voted there just a few days ago would sit still for this. I mean, get real.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone actually think that if the Democrats had stood in this election and had managed to get enough seats to form (probably a coalition) government, that the red shirts would just sit back and say "Sure, they won the election. We'll just wait until the next one."?

They would be out on the streets within hours doing the same thing as Suthep's mob is doing, and probably the same as they were doing in 2010.

Hold on, hold on. "Does anyone actually think that if the Democrats had stood in this election AND had managed to get enough seats to form a coalition government".

I'm sorry, but surely, none of us can actually imagine an election where the Democrats are going to get enough votes to form any government, coaltion or not. The only way they will ever beat whatever Thaksin party is, if they ban any party that represents the rural and urban poor. And yes, IF they ban whatever party that represents the rural and urban poor, well, the rural and urban poor will rise up and show their anger ! These people do actually know that they are the biggest single voting group ! smile.png

The Democrats managed to form a coalition in 2008 (yes, in the army barracks, but that was easier than going to Dubai or Hong Kong to sort out payments from a certain fugitive). That was before the Thaksin proxy party had screwed their voters. They probably would have managed a similar number of seats to PTP had they stood in this election.

Thaksin was just lucky enough to be in power at the right time.

Someone once asked Napoleon what was the quality he most valued in a general and he replied "He must be lucky". Successful people make their own luck.

Stop and think about what you're saying for a moment. Thailand is the 20th biggest country on Earth in terms of population. A popular PM and party have just been re-elected with another landslide election victory.

So you want the PM and cabinet of this large country to just resign days after winning an election, get on a plane and just go away.

And then what? Who would be running this country of 65 million people the next day?

Suthep and 500 'good people'."............riiiiiiight! And who would pick these 500 virtuous men? Not the voters obviously. Who would check their backgrounds for previous corruption? Not the voters, obviously. Would they run Thailand forever or would there be an election someday? And more than 20,000,000 people who voted there just a few days ago would sit still for this. I mean, get real.

I don't think the whole party needs to stand down. Just Yingluck and her family.

Having Suthep's "People's Council" in power will just bring out a different mob to protest.

I don't understand why everyone looks at it as just a choice between Suthep and Yingluck. There are other options that don't involve either of them.

Yingluck "wants Peace not Power". I call BS on that.

Edit: Thaksin was "smart" enough to get a police computer contract, and then "smart" enough to get a monopoly telecom contract. With his previous business ventures, he wasn't so lucky.

Edited by whybother

I don't think the whole party needs to stand down. Just Yingluck and her family.

You're probably not a Thai citizen any more than I am, so what gives you the right to choose who is in the cabinet and who is out? The Thai people spoke last Sunday - at least the ones who were not prevented by terrorists did - and they chose Yingluck. Their country, their choice.

So now you're saying that PTP can stay in government (cheers, thanks for that) but only if the cabinet is vetted and approved by........who? You? Suthep? The mysterious invisible hand? Batman? Define 'her family'. First cousins? Second cousins? People they know? This is loony tunes territory.

You're probably not a Thai citizen any more than I am, so what gives you the right to choose who is in the cabinet and who is out? The Thai people spoke last Sunday - at least the ones who were not prevented by terrorists did - and they chose Yingluck. Their country, their choice.

So now you're saying that PTP can stay in government (cheers, thanks for that) but only if the cabinet is vetted and approved by........who? You? Suthep? The mysterious invisible hand? Batman? Define 'her family'. First cousins? Second cousins? People they know? This is loony tunes territory.

46% of "the Thai people" spoke last Sunday and about half of those chose PTP. Yingluck just happens to come with that vote. The people don't get much of a choice as to who the party (or the owner of it) wants to put in the leading position.

I'm not choosing who should be in the cabinet. I'm just making suggestions as to how the country can move away from the edge of the cliff.

Sent from my phone ...

46% of "the Thai people" spoke last Sunday and about half of those chose PTP. Yingluck just happens to come with that vote. The people don't get much of a choice as to who the party (or the owner of it) wants to put in the leading position.

I'm not choosing who should be in the cabinet. I'm just making suggestions as to how the country can move away from the edge of the cliff.

Sent from my phone ...

So if you think that a Shin-free PTP party would be a legitimate government, what's your opinion of the Dems? Is there anyone they should get rid of to make themselves electable?

Does anyone actually think that if the Democrats had stood in this election and had managed to get enough seats to form (probably a coalition) government, that the red shirts would just sit back and say "Sure, they won the election. We'll just wait until the next one."?

They would be out on the streets within hours doing the same thing as Suthep's mob is doing, and probably the same as they were doing in 2010.

Hold on, hold on. "Does anyone actually think that if the Democrats had stood in this election AND had managed to get enough seats to form a coalition government".

I'm sorry, but surely, none of us can actually imagine an election where the Democrats are going to get enough votes to form any government, coaltion or not. The only way they will ever beat whatever Thaksin party is, if they ban any party that represents the rural and urban poor. And yes, IF they ban whatever party that represents the rural and urban poor, well, the rural and urban poor will rise up and show their anger ! These people do actually know that they are the biggest single voting group ! smile.png

The Democrats managed to form a coalition in 2008 (yes, in the army barracks, but that was easier than going to Dubai or Hong Kong to sort out payments from a certain fugitive). That was before the Thaksin proxy party had screwed their voters. They probably would have managed a similar number of seats to PTP had they stood in this election.

Well we will never know, because in a master stroke of political strategy they never stood.

And now, realising that rhey have got it wrong, they want the election annulled.

I still will put my money on waking up one day to find out that somehow Abhisit has managed to become PM!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sent from my phone ...

So if you think that a Shin-free PTP party would be a legitimate government, what's your opinion of the Dems? Is there anyone they should get rid of to make themselves electable?

It's not about being a legitimate government. PTP were elected with the Shinawatras, and they'd probably be elected with out them.

And it's not about who the Democrats should get rid of to make them electable. They're not suddenly going to be elected to government if they get rid of a few people. (But obviously, Suthep can't come back into the party.)

It's about stopping the ongoing protests from both sides that have been happening for about the last 10 years.

Somethings never change:.......... Cromwells speech dissolving the first protectoral parliament

"Weeds and nettles,briars and thorns have thriven under your shadow,dissettlement and division,discontent and dissatisfaction together with a real danger to the whole."