Building supplies

BuddhaChile

I'm just starting to build a house in Isaan. Starting with a retaining wall. We are building right next to a khlong and the excavator dug too deep and hit wet clay and the water table - now we have to fill back in with large as possible fractured drain rock or the wall may settle and sink into the wet clay.

Does anyone know where I can get 3-6 inch (8-15cm) fractured drain rock or busted concrete? And also, I've had a hard time finding separation fabric and 3-4 inch perforated drain pipe - or - what we call in Canada - Big O. This is used for draining any water that might get in behind the retaining wall.

Thanks in advance .......... smile.png

For the perforated drainage pipe it will be very hard to find premade. The Thai's just drill the PVC pipe with the selected drill size to make the perforations . We have to do this every time to put the pipe in leach field in Septic systems. works pretty good. If the pipe breaks instead of a perfect circle just epoxy the portion that broke off to make it close to the size again.Busted concrete maybe a brick shop would have broken brick if not look for a busted down house.