Cambodian Visa Run Better Than Ranong!

Came back from Cambodia for my first visa run in Bangkok. Compare with the one in Ranong, it was fine, better than I thought, the trip was smooth and comfortable.

The guy, who runs the ThaiVisaRun service told me, I could do this as often as I like. Is that true? No rules or restrictions?

The rules are 10k for 30 day entry or 20k for visa entry (single person) which immigration may ask to see at any time. As for the number of times allowed that is subject to change at any time but currently they do not seem to be limiting anyone.

The rules are 10k for 30 day entry or 20k for visa entry (single person) which immigration may ask to see at any time.

I've been visa running to Poipet / Ban Laem for nearly a year now and I've never seen anyone asked to show funds at immigration. The imm officers don't even look at you as they stamp you in and out.

I usually go with just a few hundred baht in the pocket as I worry about the kids on the border pickpocketing.

Do they ever check?

Some do check. although not often, and it is usually those that they expect don't have the money - although many have recently been asked on the Burma border from reports. As you noticed normally they are too busy.

Came back from Cambodia for my first visa run in Bangkok. Compare with the one in Ranong, it was fine, better than I thought, the trip was smooth and comfortable.

The guy, who runs the ThaiVisaRun service told me, I could do this as often as I like. Is that true? No rules or restrictions?

I guess What this "ThaiVisaRun" company was trying to tell you: you can do this visa run WITH THEM as often as you can, but sometimes we do fly home, we do cross the border somewhere else. Always make sure you have enough money to show, it is only 10K, 250 US.

• 1 month later...

I've been living in Cambodia for 4 years now and have a couple of bars, //link drops removed// unlike Thailand I get to work in the bar and meet a number of people, many of which are doing Visa runs from Thailand.

Cambodia doesn't have any problem with how many times you come here, it's just the Thai side that have those rules. If you do a border crossing it' going to cost you 1000Baht, this is stated on the Cambodian governemtn website. If you are flying in the it's $20USD, tourist or $25 business. The difference being you can extend the business visa indefinately whereas the tourist one can only be extended once for a total of 2 months. The downside of flying out is the $25 departure fee.

Most people I have met have been very pleased with thier time they have spent in Phnom Penh and were surprised how much fun it can be, and so have stayed longer than they expected.

Edited by lopburi3