old passport/new passport, old visa/new visa question

This is my "situation" :

My passport ( from The Netherlands) has almost run out of pages, it's good for one more border run , ( i have a Non O multiple entry visa married) which will give me 3 months, by that time i also will need a new visa.

So here is my plan:

Do that borderrun ( Cambodia) which leaves me with one free page, and 90 days.

Apply for a new passport at my Embassy in BKK ( at there website they state that at the application they will make the old passport invalid except any remaining valid visa/stamps.( that will be the last Thailand entry stamp/TM 6 card) after 3 weeks i will get the new passport and when the time comes ( somewhere in May) i have to get a new Non O multiple entry visa. ( in Laos)

So i was thinking:

leaving Thailand with the "old" ( partly invalid passport apart from the last entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Enter Laos with the new "virgin" passport get a Laos visa on arrival and apply for my new Non O at the Thai Consulate.

When entering Thailand again using the new passport/ Thai visa.

Is this the way to go?? my only concern is the departure from Thailand with a partly invalid passport.

By then my current non O visa will be expired so i don't see the point having anything ( the departure TM6 card) transferred to the new passport.

mayby i'm wrong, so any advice will be appreciated. .

Your plan is doable.

But if your visa has not expired it will still be valid even though the passport has been cancelled. When does your visa expire?

For first trip out of the country you will show both passports and the immigration officer will transfer your previous entry to the new one and stamp you out in it. Then re-enter the country showing both passports to show valid visa in old passport and be stamped in for another 90 days.

But if it has expired leaving the country will be the same and then returning you just show new passport and visa.

UbonJoe thanks for the fast reply.thumbsup.gif

Old visa valid until 27-02-2014

Border run planned for 15 february ( latest entry expires 16-02-2014)

That new entry will get me 90 days ( untill 18-05-2014)

Apply for new passport mid April ( it should take 2/3 weeks)

Somewhere around 16/17/18 May do my Laos visa run.

Just mentioned the visa validity to be sure you understood that it would remain valid.

It seems you have it all worked out.

Thanks again, Joe, like the A-team "i love it when a plan comes together"

so that's the way i will do it,

Cheers;

Dutchbike.