TAT to discuss immediate marketing plan to increase tourism

webfact

Marketing plan to increase tourism

PNECO570206001000201_06022014_121710.jpg

BANGKOK 6 February 2014 (NNT) — The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is holdimg a meeting with the Tourism Council of Thailand to discuss immediate marketing strategies to stimulate the country's tourism industry, with a focus on Hong Kong as the island city has koasted the highest level travel warning to Thailand.

President of the Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT) Piyaman Tejapaibul revealed that the TAT and the TCT will meet for the first time to discuss an emergency marketing plan to stimulate growth in the Thai tourism industry.

The TCT has initially suggested 2 solutions to tackle the drop of travelers to the Kingdom. The first is to clarity the actual demonstration situation to countries most sensitive to news reports, such as China, Japan, Korea - and especially the island city of Hong Kong.

The second is to categorize countries that are less sensitive to the ongoing political tension, such as India, and to promote more traveling within this group of travelers.

The closure of the 3 major protest sites will help alleviate travel problems affecting the tourists, according to Ms. Piyaman, adding that the principle objective of the marketing plan is to help the whole tourism industry; not any particular companies.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-02-06 footer_n.gif

What a bunch of morons. Solution 1 should have been going on anyway since before anything kicked off. Solution 2 is going to hit a brick wall with India because of the attempted deportation of the Indian Businessman for "protesting". Besides that, I'm wondering if they are the "quality" tourists Thailand is looking for, are they? Just give tourists free rice to eat for the duration of their stay, solving two problems in one.

• Like 1

What a bunch of morons. Solution 1 should have been going on anyway since before anything kicked off. Solution 2 is going to hit a brick wall with India because of the attempted deportation of the Indian Businessman for "protesting". Besides that, I'm wondering if they are the "quality" tourists Thailand is looking for, are they? Just give tourists free rice to eat for the duration of their stay, solving two problems in one.

India's wedding tourism is worth a fair chunk to the tourism industry here in Bangkok, those f***ers go on for days!

I don't think there'll be too much blow back from the Indian fellow being deported - if that ever happens - if the Indian Government want to get involved, they'll make him a diplomat retroactively. Let alone the ensuing legal action that will be taking place over this.

They seem to forget some important facts that these countries will not forget like:

The SOE is still active

The protesters are on the move again to take over gov offices

The farmers are blocking main transportation arteries throughout thailand.

The farmers are getting ready to march into bkk to join protesters and close ministries.

The gov is still being investigated by the NACC.

Maybe the TAT believes that it is easy to mislead thai people but they will be looking at straight faces when they start talking to these other countries.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

President of the Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT) Piyaman Tejapaibul revealed that the TAT and the TCT will meet for the first time to discuss an emergency marketing plan to stimulate growth in the Thai tourism industry.

The Force is strong in this one. At least I really hope so, as they have an incredibly rare and precious thing here and they can't afford to fumble it.

The Force is strong in this one. At least I really hope so, as they have an incredibly rare and precious thing here and they can't afford to fumble it.

Hahaha.

The hotel owners are going to meet the government promotion entity for the first time.

<deleted>....

You would hope this would be every 2 weeks normally.

• Like 1

"with a focus on Hong Kong as the island city has koasted the highest level travel warning to Thailand."

Maybe because it has a prob trying to quickly off-load some off-shore bank accounts belonging to Thai officials.?

On another point don't they think that this campaign might be more successful if they had used a hotter, younger, more scantily dressed, and available for cash, woman? At least it would have been more honest! Sorry, what I meant was "at least it would have been honest".

• Like 1

I don't know about H.K. but Australia's level includes the likely event of terrorist attacks, so how high can you get, pretty hard to promote a country that has it's main capital city in lock down under emergency decree, perhaps a ride in a tank will be on offer shortly. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

1, Lobby your 'government' to stop coming up with stupid ideas like charging tourists 500 baht to enter to dissuade 'non-quality' tourists.

2, Stop saying you prefer tourists from this or that country because they spend more (it craps all over the rest)

3, Run through all the jet-ski/taxi/tour scams (including bent cops) and string these people up on TV.

4, Get your house in order.

5, When you smile, mean it. whistling.gif

Edited by jackr
  • Like 2

Am I the only one that will miss the trafficless centre? I feel bad for the small businesses currently suffering there but if they pedestrianized these areas after the protestors leave, it wd be good for business for sure. This has been done successfully in many european cities, maybe a way to give something back.

• Like 2

the only tourists that will come whatever happens, are off course the sexpats ... come to offload their seed and be two week millionaires...

genuine tourists, they know better than to endanger their families

At one idiocy per line, I wonder how many you have accumulated with 2500 postings.

the only tourists that will come whatever happens, are off course the sexpats ... come to offload their seed and be two week millionaires...

genuine tourists, they know better than to endanger their families

Well said, agree with you 100 percent..

ITS THE TRUTH...