When Did It Last Rain at Your House?

EBlair48

There's a reason why it's called the SW/NE monsoon, that is the prevailing winds come from that direction roughly 6 months of the year.

KB, do you want to wager a friendly beverage that by next week the wind will be blowing from the west predominately? I'll be glad to be proven wrong by you over technology. Feel free to look at windguru, windfinder etc.

BTW, during Nov-January, the wind rarely, if ever, switches to the west, it merely goes down in kph although still blows from the east. How do I know this? I am involved in wind sports on the beaches every day.

It probably will change, so, no bet, but, that wasn't the issue.

My point was that your weather link showing wind direction was wrong at the time. Wind from ENE and not SW as per the link.

Couldn't give a rat's arse what you do. You only need a set of eyes and some clouds to see which way the wind blows.

Rocket science it ain't.

^ Are you guys really arguing about the weather ?

Looked really promising two nights ago, that tornado-orange twilight then gusty with lightening, got about 30 seconds of big drops.

So 30 minutes and 30 seconds of rain since the beginning December.

So far my well is holding up and the water has actually never looked clearer- it does cloud up in the rainy season.

The houses up in the hills have non stop water truck delivery - was going until midnight last night at the new development- are they filling pools?

Watching the Malaysian GrandPrix right now. Lot's of rain there, let's hope it moves up north in the near future.

seems like there is rain north and south of us but nothing here. on my drive up and back to essan the last few days, we got poured on in bang sapan area, could not see the front of the car with the wipers on max. strangely, from chumpon to here was totally brown, even phang na where i've never seem brown before. seems like everything has turned around.

I hope the rain comes gradually when it does; otherwise we can expect to see a lot of landslides...

How does that work? Top layer gets wet and heavy while the inner layers crack?

Watching the Malaysian GrandPrix right now. Lot's of rain there, let's hope it moves up north in the near future.

How is the sounds? Is ear protection still needed while watching the qualifications or the race?

Has anyone else noticed how cold the ocean water is? Doesn't it seem unusually cold ? Just wonder if we are getting Antarctic waters from the El Nina and that is why it's been is so dry humidity wise- although I've got 78 % humidity right now, and there is lightening.

C'mon monsoon

Watch, in July I'll start a thread: When was the Last Time it Quit Raining at Your House?

Damn there goes a truck struggling up the hill - odd this is the first time tonight it's gone up. What are they doing up there that they only do at night? Makes me want to go have a peek. nah too tired, nitey nite..

I have switched from WindyGuru to the Norwegian Met Office. You get a choice of locations, overview, long term, interactive map and to my mind better predictions. It shows showers after seven tonight, followed by lots of rain through the week. you can find it by typing yr dot no.

Decent amount of rain here in Patong over the last 20 minutes.... Sone thunder and lightning as well. Dying off now but still light rain.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by tolsti

Big thunder sounds at Ao Por, but no rain yet. Lights are flickering so I guess no aircon in an moment.

Same, but with lighting in Kamala. Looks promising, but so did my first date Lisa S. in 6th grade.

Saw the clouds building this afternoon, But a westerly sea breeze blew them away until it dropped off and it came back this evening.

Plenty of rain, the frogs started croaking for the first time in ages, and the first big lightening strike put the power out in Chalong for an hour or so.

Edited by Old Croc

Just t has one hell of a storm, a good pour for an hour, tanks are full and overflowing now. Landslides will be happening as I write- lot's of close in lightening, cannot believe the power is still on. My laptop has a battery life of about 2 seconds so should turn off ...seems to moving south so get yer laundry in