When Did It Last Rain at Your House?

EBlair48

Plane just now taking off, into the east made me realize this storm came from the east and is heading out west.

And I think another front is coming can hear thunder moving in

Shoulda re ditched the road today.

Edited by EBlair48

nothing here in rawai, plenty of bark, no bite. i've never seen so much lighting with so little rain, maybe less than 1mm

Got a downpour in my part of Rawai about an hour ago. Lovely.

Here in rawai also quite some rain, but not as much as the thunder and lightning indicated. Edited by stevenl

that's amazing, now i feel really cheated. its barely damp here.

I don't think there are any statistics about this, but I have the feeling the northern part of the island gets more rain than south, and Patong is wetter than Kata, Kata wetter than Rawai.

I don't think there are any statistics about this, but I have the feeling the northern part of the island gets more rain than south, and Patong is wetter than Kata, Kata wetter than Rawai.

I have the same impression following the rain reports over the years. But what could cause it? There is a bit more hills, which compress the airflow, which could cause a bit more rain.

I got some rain last night at NE, but nothing compared what was happening in Thalang center. As the winds are still coming from the east, shouldn't the rain drop before the hills, not after it? Or does it depends of the air moisture so that when the air get's compressed and then cools down due altitude change, the rain drops down?

actually there is data

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/archive/archive.php

so far this year the airport has has 111mm and down town 61mm, ok seems like less in rawai

interesting, that 111mm seems like one of the highest in the country except Nakhon Sri Tamarat which always gets a lot. but look at Ranong, 22mm, that must be unheard of.

Edited by stevehaigh

The rain flooded Thepkrassattri Rd, the island’s main north-south highway near the Thai Watsadu store.

Yes and let's point out the Watsuda store tarmacked over about 10 rai of what was open field. There was a lot of rain, but no where for it to go...anymore.

Your local municipality at work, for your benefit...so typical. Gawd !!

Local politician Chalermpon Kerdsab blamed the flooding on local people filling low areas in a bid to avoid flooding in their homes. This, he theorized, obstructed run-off routes for water.

Local people filling in..... to avoid flooding in their homes What a load of BS !! One filthy-rich family cutting corners and filling in their pockets at the expense of the public, as usual- is more like it.

I have the same impression following the rain reports over the years. But what could cause it? There is a bit more hills, which compress the airflow, which could cause a bit more rain.

I got some rain last night at NE, but nothing compared what was happening in Thalang center. As the winds are still coming from the east, shouldn't the rain drop before the hills, not after it? Or does it depends of the air moisture so that when the air get's compressed and then cools down due altitude change, the rain drops down?

Edited by EBlair48

i'm leaving for Australia this afternoon. my prediction, it will start raining as soon as i step foot on the plane.

Aren't you the mister sunshine. :)

Some light rain last night as well.

Yep, almost cool enough tonight to put on a t shirt with the sleeves not cut off. (Almost)

It's amazing how the plants grow up practically overnight, didn't have to cut the lawn for three months, it was on the verge of brown death and after just four days of rain it already needs a good weeding out and mowing in places.

Edited by EBlair48

• 1 month later...

I guess it was raining quite hard last night. I have a bucket in front of my house which was filled with 15cm of water last night.

Quite a bit of rain in Phangnga lately, but nature still shows signs of the lengthy drought. Went to two waterfalls last week, bur refrained from taking pics for my website, didn't look impressive yet. The hills upstream have to be saturated with water for the waterfalls to become full power.

Had two of the hardest rains I've ever seen- ever- in the last week. My well is now consistently giving me very dirty water which had just begun to clear up when it poured again 2 nights ago. Rinsing everything, including myself in bottled water.

Had two of the hardest rains I've ever seen- ever- in the last week. My well is now consistently giving me very dirty water which had just begun to clear up when it poured again 2 nights ago. Rinsing everything, including myself in bottled water.

where? not in Rawai, rain has finished here for a few days i think

• 3 weeks later...

There is something wrong with the cloud service in Phuket. Maybe some sort of virus. My display has been all grey for the past 2 days.