PM Yingluck: Parliament dissolution obstructs rice pledging scheme

webfact

Can she now be charged for lying whilst in office over this? The farmers haven't been paid for 8 months, far longer than any House Dissolution which she chose to do anyway, so effectively she is now responsible for that side of things also.

I don't recall. I was not aware of that. I haven't seen the details so I can't comment. I wasn't at the meeting, I was in Paris.

Edited by Crushdepth
  • Like 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dear rice farmers, it wasn't me,... you are just imagining things in your mind, because Karma has just confused you like a snap. If you want to blame anyone, blame the opposition and the Falang, OR... ASK THE ARMY.... bye bye... " giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Can she now be charged for lying whilst in office over this? The farmers haven't been paid for 8 months, far longer than any House Dissolution which she chose to do anyway, so effectively she is now responsible for that side of things also.

I don't recall. I was not aware of that. I haven't seen the details so I can't comment. I wasn't at the meeting, I was in Paris.

Her normal working practice - deniable plausibility.

Nothing but damned lies from a puppet. Pathetic puppet at that.

The puppeteer did not choose wisely. It was all very well sending her off here and there for a good long while but eventually she would have to stump up. When she did stump up the shit started to hit the fan.

Her normal working practice - deniable plausibility.

Hard to deny responsibility when she's in charge of it all.

• Like 2

The woman is devoted to improving the life of poor people all over thailand. She is Aung San Suu Kui of Thailand. Praised for all her hard work by world leaders on her tireless trips to more than 50 countries. Who if not her would sacrifice oneself for the struggle of the poor against the oppressive elites of bangkok (have to be noted that it's just the elites of bangkok, not Chiang mai).

Incredible. What an excuse. Again, Yingluck BLAMING EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING but herself for the problems paralyzing Thailand.

She is the most incompetent Prime Minister the history of the world has seen, yet because of GREED and DENIAL, she refuses to see what the whole world sees [except the bribed farmers], which is her failure to lead and her failure to solve problems in the best interest of Thailand.

Fact is, the entire rice pledging fiasco happened under her watch and originated long ago, UNDER HER WATCH and probably with her consent. To blame the disruptions for the current rice pledging fiasco is like blaming the flooding a couple of years ago on people flushing toilets too often....

What an incredible moron. I guess intelligence is genetic?! lols

She is indeed a terrible liar. Everything that is going on is simply a reaction to her actions. Must be one the absolute most inept 'leaders' that has ever and will ever be. Not PM material here.

I keep thinking that to an extent,YL is correct. If there were no protests, the rice scheme would still be going strong, money would have been borrowed to pay the farmers, the newer crops would be being sold and the old crops would be getting older, keeping the weevils happy and all would be hunky dory. Selling the new crops would have kept the losses increasing, and the interest expenses for the higher debt to pay the farmers would be mounting up, unpaid warehouses would be increasing, but as the Finance Minister has allegedly said, they don't understand our accounting. You, of course remember his admission about white lies, so maybe it isn't as bad as the global community thinks. besides, as it relates to debts, what better risk is there than the government? Possibly, corruption could be mounting, but in the meantime...

What crazy Suthep did is throw a monkey wrench into the middle of this, and basically say, let's see where we are on this now?

Whether you are happy or not with crazy Suthep depends which side of the fence you are on. Are you a weevil?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

According to a report on www.settrade.com (in Thai) the farmers in the north (Chiang Mai - PTP) have received 100% of their money. Those living in areas where the Democrats have a seat are yet to be paid. Just a coincidence, of course.

Of course!

If she didnt pay the north first she would lose her PTP stronghold. They tried to say that payment was made to them already because their rice was harvested first. However in any policy made that money is needed for money will be allocated to that project based on projected costs

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The woman is devoted to improving the life of poor people all over thailand. She is Aung San Suu Kui of Thailand. Praised for all her hard work by world leaders on her tireless trips to more than 50 countries. Who if not her would sacrifice oneself for the struggle of the poor against the oppressive elites of bangkok (have to be noted that it's just the elites of bangkok, not Chiang mai).

You are of course talking about all of her shopping trips

• Like 1

Yingluck says ulterior power obstructs govt, rice subsidies
By Digital Content

13917387075511.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 7 – Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has blamed an “ulterior power” for attempting to topple the government and disrupting the rice pledging scheme.

On her Facebook page yesterday, she said the Finance Ministry was finding financial sources to pay farmers despite legal restrictions while the Commerce Ministry would tender rice in the state stockpiles to earn money for overdue payments to farmers.

There are unconventional and undemocratic political games with the objectives of removing the government and obstructing the present administration from successively working for the people’s well-being despite the fact that farmers themselves have been in favour of rice subsidies, she said.

She said related government agencies were instructed to solve problems which impeded payments to farmers.

Claiming that the government’s policy has been accepted by farmers and has been successful in increasing farmers’ income in the last two years, she vowed to work with her Cabinet for the success of the project.

Political unrest in the last few months which led to dissolution of the House of Representatives and general election had restricted administrative work, she said.

Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister/Commerce Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan said overdue payments for farmers were Bt116 billion, plus another amount of Bt712 million for rice delivered last July-September which has yet to be paid to 3,000 farmers in five central provinces of Uthai Thani, Prachin Buri, Chachoengsao, Ayutthaya and Phetchaburi.

Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister/Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong said on his Facebook page that the government has paid Bt600 billion for rice in the 2013/2014 crop but political conflicts, triggered by the opposition, has delayed budget allocation for overdue payments.

He said intimidation against financial institutes and state agencies has delayed the payments but it would not deter the Finance Ministry to follow the Cabinet’s decision regarding the rice programme.

Regarding former finance minister Pridiyathorn Devakula’s proposal for national reform, he said it could take place in parallel with the election, as the country needs a fully-authorised government to solve pending problems especially economic woes.

He said Thailand has moved another step forward after successfully holding the general election in which more than 20 million people exercised their voting rights.

Mr Pridiyathorn is trapped in the same old issues similar to anti-government protesters – a display of his disrespect to the voice of 20 million people who have patiently upheld democracy, he said.

Vicha Mahakhun, a member of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), said officials would meet with farmers in Sing Buri, Chai Nat and Ang Thong to collect first-hand information to substantiate the commission’s ongoing investigation on rice pledging scandal.

Farmers from the three provinces lodged a complaint with the NACC yesterday, requesting legal action against those involved in rice pledging corruption.

He said former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom would have to testify to clarify the rice scheme before the NACC on Feb 20, to be followed by caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck and other officials.

“We will urgently investigate the case which has created hardship to farmers. Corrupt people should return some money to farmers. I was intimidated and warned against investigating the case but I do not feel depressed. I was told to stay in a safe house,” he said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-07

Why dont the reportera counter her commenta with the facts that this money went unpaid 6 months before house was dissolved. So their explanation is an excuse to place blame elsewhere.

If these important questions were asked then YL could not hide behind the lies. I think the SOE with its censoring of news making it easy for YL to keep the public thinking it is every one elses fault except hers

Sorry but 6 months is a gross exaggeration. These rice purchases took place in October (just over 4 months ago) and the House was dissolved a few weeks later. It is still their fault as they knew before October that they were expecting to buy from the farmers so they have no excuse for not having the money in place. But exaggerated claims like this are just silly. I understand they tried to issue bonds to get half the money in November but that was heavily under subscribed and only gave them 50billion to pay to the farmers. As for Thai journos questioning ANYTHING, well, TIT. These people are either too scared to ask probing questions or too stupid to know bull$#!% when they hear it. Clearly none of the journos knows how to use a calculator as the figures routinely given out by govt officials are clearly incorrect. i.e Mr White lies stating recently that they bought 50million tons of rice for 701billion Baht. A very quick calculation would have shown that this meant the average price paid was only 14,000 per ton, when in fact it clearly must be well over 750billion just for 50 tons of White rice. If they bought some Hom Mali at 20,000 per ton then the figure should be much higher, in all probability over 800billion. And why do these idiot journos not ask about the costs they are incurring for storage (2 baht per sack per month), admin etc.

Clearly we do not have reliable figures to work with but, if as was suggested by the rice millers, the govt has 18million tons in storage (at 2baht per 50kg bag per month) that's Baht 8,640,000,000 per year just for storage.

Edited by allan michaud

Her Ponzi Scheme for rice didn't work 2 years running.

The continued it against all advice.

It finally implodes and the opposition smells blood in the water and attacks.

Things go far enough she herself dissolves parliament and calls a snap election,

which stopped her ability to keep hiding the facts about the scheme as it collapsed.

So now she blames something she did herself for stopping her ability to stop the bleeding.

And of course she MUST blame others for her own actions.

Here's my underling, watch him fall on his sword for me, and it was our enemies fault anyway,

See everything will be fine! Believe me I am your friend,

no matter what these ill informed little people keep yelling.

She also blames an " ulterior power" which might be bad translation,

but she if anyone has ulterior motives in this game.

If you try to keep something hidden in order to get a particular result,

then you have an “ulterior” reason to do it.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 2

Claiming that the government’s policy has been accepted by farmers and has been successful in increasing farmers’ income in the last two years, she vowed to work with her Cabinet for the success of the project.

Increasing income over the past 2 years ? From what I understand from the farmers protests is that they had NO INCOME in the past 2 years, because the government failed to pay them.

Does this woman have no shame at all, to post such utter bs on her FB .

• Like 1

Why dont the reportera counter her commenta with the facts that this money went unpaid 6 months before house was dissolved. So their explanation is an excuse to place blame elsewhere.

If these important questions were asked then YL could not hide behind the lies. I think the SOE with its censoring of news making it easy for YL to keep the public thinking it is every one elses fault except hers

Sorry but 6 months is a gross exaggeration. These rice purchases took place in October (just over 4 months ago) and the House was dissolved a few weeks later. It is still their fault as they knew before October that they were expecting to buy from the farmers so they have no excuse for not having the money in place. But exaggerated claims like this are just silly. I understand they tried to issue bonds to get half the money in November but that was heavily under subscribed and only gave them 50billion to pay to the farmers. As for Thai journos questioning ANYTHING, well, TIT. These people are either too scared to ask probing questions or too stupid to know bull$#!% when they hear it. Clearly none of the journos knows how to use a calculator as the figures routinely given out by govt officials are clearly incorrect. i.e Mr White lies stating recently that they bought 50million tons of rice for 701billion Baht. A very quick calculation would have shown that this meant the average price paid was only 14,00 per ton, when in fact it clearly must be well over 750billion just for 50 tons of White rice. If they bought some Hom Mali at 20,000 per ton then the figure should be much higher, in all probability over 800billion. And why do these idiot journos not ask about the costs they are incurring for storage (2 baht per sack per month, admin etc.

Actually it is an understatement.

Many payments are back due at least 9 months,

AND the ones in October which tipped over the apple cart cumulatively.

• Like 1

This might be sarcasm, but...

How DARE you put Cinderella on the same level as ASSK?! How dare you!

The barefaced gall.

Did YL lose her husband to cancer? Did she suffer under house arrest for 19 years? Was her father assassinated?

Did her supporters live in fear of their lives?

Pure red shirt propaganda claptrap.

You, sir, are despicable.

I think his comment was supposed to be ironic/satirical.....possibly.

• Like 1

This might be sarcasm, but...

How DARE you put Cinderella on the same level as ASSK?! How dare you!

The barefaced gall.

Did YL lose her husband to cancer? Did she suffer under house arrest for 19 years? Was her father assassinated?

Did her supporters live in fear of their lives?

Pure red shirt propaganda claptrap.

You, sir, are despicable.

I think his comment was supposed to be ironic/satirical.....possibly.

Neither, merely naive, maybe even ignorant. Yes, ignorant.

Sorry but 6 months is a gross exaggeration. These rice purchases took place in October (just over 4 months ago) and the House was dissolved a few weeks later.

There are reports that some farmers are still waiting for the payments of their 2012 harvest .

The payments which the farmers are now protesting for were due in October, but were delivered to the warehouse prior to that.

The parliament was dissolved on 9 December, that is a bit more than 2 weeks after October isn't it ?