Building resort in Chiang Mai area

axel2001

If you have all your plans drawn up you will of course need to submit for approval at the district office.

The bods at the office will be able to give you a list of possible contractors........as will the design office who drafted your plans.

Alternatively have a drive around mae rim, samoeng, san kampeng, hang dong and go and ask the owner of any set up you like.

with due respect to TV members on here I doubt that many of us have first hand experience of running a resort here.

• Like 1

The bods at the office will be able to give you a list of possible contractors........

You know that or it's just an assumption?

I didn't choose design yet, so any contact of recommended design companies are also welcome.

The problem is some design companies we contacted asked us how much we want to spend so they can make design for us, but I want to see ready projects and know the price so I can choose what I want.

I know this....I was in the saraphi district office three days ago enquiring for myself.

Personally speaking I designed a small resort for a plot in san sai we looked at last year and I thought by far the easiest and quickest set up with chalets full of character would be to buy a "kit" ..they are already designed and delivered in one or two pieces, simple pad founds and your away.

And when your ambitions grow its not unfeasible to pack them up and move them.

• Like 2

I'm using a great architect at the moment who's designed resorts, condos and private houses. His speciality is the modern Thai lanna style but has portfolio of other types too. He can do design, build / construction and the interiors, full service and management. His fee is around 10 to 15% on top.

I also know another team that can do resorts, houses, gardens/ walls/ landscaping etc; also in his portfolio is a floating market about to begin construction now over near mea Jo. He charges around 5to 10% depending.

The above fees are for full service. If just design then can pay for the plans alone I think; but personally my view is it's worth keeping it in house and getting done right as per the plans and on a fixed budget, rather than risk cowboy style - say one thing and end up another or over budget and not right.

Both will design the dream and work out the cost then work backwards to bring in price around what you want (which I prefer) or work to a fixed budget from the start.

Can PM me for contact if serious.

(Above is including them submitting all plans as needed for building approval etc too)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

BTW these guys provide a full break down of costs, labour, materials on each part of the job.

Not like some jokers just guess a total.

Maker sure you get a break down and proper contractual agreements from who ever you go with. Clear step payments etc.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand