Chalerm expects explosions to happen every night at PDRC rally sites

webfact

Chalerm expects nightly explosions at PDRC rally sites
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said Friday that he expected that bomb explosions would become a nightly occurrence at the People's Democratic Reform Committee's rally sites.

Chalerm, the director of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order, was commenting on the two M79 grenade attacks at the PDRC rally site at Chaeng Wattana.

Chalerm indicated the protesters might stage the attacks themselves.

"The government is soft so it's unlikely that violence would occur. Those who want violence are having to create it," Chalerm said.

Chalerm said police wanted to check the scene of the grenade attack but the PDRC security guards would not allow them to enter their ranks.

"Police are ready to go in but if police go in, there will be clashes and I will be criticised for using violence against the protesters," Chalerm said.

He reiterated that the CMPO would try to reclaim the Interior Ministry from protesters by Tuesday.

"If protesters do not leave the ministry, we will have to take legal action against them. I am concerned about the Interior Ministry because it is an important ministry," Chalerm said.

"If we cannot reopen the Interior Ministry after the four-day deadline passes, the CMPO will lose control."

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-07

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Grenades part of a strategy by rally leaders': Paradorn

BANGKOK: -- The firing of M-79 grenades at the Chaeng Wattana site last night was a strategy adopted by rally leaders to attract attention and incite the government to use violence, National Security Council's chief Paradorn Pattanatabut said Friday.

They have to adjust their strategy as fewer and fewer people are coming to join the rallies, he said.

The Chaeng Wattana rally site became the latest target last night when unknown men fired the grenades into the crowds, most of whom were sleeping. However the grenades landed near a medical tent and a toilet and no one was injured.

One of the strategies would see rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban lead a march through Bangkok streets to encourage people to join the rallies, Paradorn said.

A decreasing number of people participating in the activities since the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order cut financial support to the protests by summoning groups or companies suspected of funding them for questioning..

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-07

Not to worry. No doubt the master of disguise will know who was responsible and arrest them all himself.... and all before the first drink of the day. Cheers! thumbsup.gif

I highly doubt that is possible. I am relatively sure he will have to get out of bed first.

I like this part

"The government is soft so it's unlikely that violence would occur. Those who want violence are having to create it," Chalerm said.

They are so soft that they didn't even bother to try and stop it in the south under his leadership.

The man is a disgrace to politics in general. He had to go a long way to achieve that.

• Like 1

The combination of Chalerm's stupidity, dishonesty, irresponsibility, and lack of decency blows me away. That he is in the current government speaks volumes about how corrupt and incompetent it is. He does not want to have police investigate the grenade attacks because he is afraid there will be trouble, then he should go investigate it himself. Tell people to leave the crime scene so he can investigate it. Tell his policemen not to start trouble.

Chalerm is a liar. Either that or he is an ineffective person who has zero respect from his subordinates. Either way, he is part of the problem. Get rid of useless drunk oafs like him and our country would be much better off.

I have almost tuned him out completely.

If I was not annoyed that he might throw toilet paper in the trees of my house and disrupt my neighbors, I would give him as much credence as Dilbert.

Edited by Blackmirage2013
  • Like 1

Chalerm is an ideal point man for the government. He seems to be able to make any ridiculous comment he wants without any control. If he succeeds in something the government takes credit. If he fails the government can throw him under the bus without accepting any responsibility for his ignorance, arrogance, stupidity and foolishness. Maybe that is exactly what the Dubai puppet master wants.

• Like 2

god this man is a total idiot, he has just told the reds to bomb the protesters every night, cant wait for this suck hole to be jailed when the ptp are tossed out, reckon he will sqeal like a pig.........

You know, I was thinking..... seems to me that the rice farmers are more decent, harder working and more passionate about their work than Chalerm.... perhaps we should nominate one of them to replace buffoon Chalerm? I mean we have suffered with the ignoramus for too long..... I'm almost embarassed to say I live in a country with him as one of the "leaders." Makes me want to run behind the punch bowl and never come out until all the guests have left.... Ridiculous....

What the hell is Chalerm and paradorm waffling on about now?

They have zero evidence, and are making slanderous accusations that are actually clear cut defamation cases and that is likely to carry 12 month prison sentences.

The rally guards do not want these explosions for 2 reasons, it frightens away protesters, and it gives the government and CMPO an argument to keep the SOE in effect with the courts.

If anything, it suits CMPO for these explosions a hell of a lot better than it serves the PDRC.

• Like 1