Suthep accused of buying land with donation money

webfact

We'll know soon enough. If Suthep denies it, then that's the end of it. But if he stays quiet, or goes...."Well, errr, y,know, it all depends, like......That money was just resting in my account.....",then we'll know he has something to hide. Let's wait and see.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am looking forward to Sutheps reply and seeing how this eventuates. As another poster stated, the PTP are desperate to move the focus away from them.

The PTP's world is crumbling in front of them (just ask their voter base who are in Bangkok protesting against them) so any demonizing tactic is seen as a positive for them

It is glaringly obvious this has come out just after Suthep said he will set up donation runs to help the farmers. That would be salt in PTP's wounds if Suthep collected donations that went to the farmers. Best way to stop that is saying the donations are going to land purchases. Coincidence this accusation has come out now. me thinks not.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes anyway.

• Like 1

Here is a much bigger case of corruption to expose Khaosod (if you are reading).

Find out how the PTP have been authorized to hand over $1 billion to Thaksin.

I don't recall reading anything saying that his assets were to be incrementally returned, surely the courts would need to rule on that.

So let's have it....

Who made the order to release that money?

Do the courts know?

What is the full sum?

Is this because they know they won't be in power much longer and Thaksin has demanded that he get something back before it's too late?

Many questions waiting to be answered here.

I would prefer the explanations came from Prompong a convicted defamer who is meant to be in prison at the moment yet seems free to turn up at work to continue his slandering. Can we have him rearrested and his jail term doubled please?

certainly would explain what happened to the rice money, hmmmw00t.gif

We'll know soon enough. If Suthep denies it, then that's the end of it. But if he stays quiet, or goes...."Well, errr, y,know, it all depends, like......That money was just resting in my account.....",then we'll know he has something to hide. Let's wait and see.

Now this is really exquisite manure. Someone accuses and says 'if you don't answer, you must be guilty' ?

Friendly as we are here on TV and somewhat inhibited by forum rules, I will not make a phony accusation and charge you with proving it's phony.

Surhep: today i have received the biggest donations , 12 bags of money n 2 sand bags of money

yes, sir, yes, sir..12 bags full........

One for my master,

One for my Dame,

One for the little Boy

That lives down the lane

Edited by Prbkk
  • Like 1

I am looking forward to Sutheps reply and seeing how this eventuates. As another poster stated, the PTP are desperate to move the focus away from them.

The PTP's world is crumbling in front of them (just ask their voter base who are in Bangkok protesting against them) so any demonizing tactic is seen as a positive for them

It is glaringly obvious this has come out just after Suthep said he will set up donation runs to help the farmers. That would be salt in PTP's wounds if Suthep collected donations that went to the farmers. Best way to stop that is saying the donations are going to land purchases. Coincidence this accusation has come out now. me thinks not.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes anyway.

"Bangrakum rice farmers ask PDRC not to block the Govt from borrowing the money to pay them"

== link to thai article removed ==

I didn't know the PDRC blocked the government from borrowing money. I thought it was the government which had not covered the rice price pledging scheme in the National Budget 2013-2014 and now in caretaker mode they are a bit stuck.

Blame the others seems to work well if you tell those lies often enough.

I didn't know the PDRC blocked the government from borrowing money. I thought it was the government which had not covered the rice price pledging scheme in the National Budget 2013-2014 and now in caretaker mode they are a bit stuck.

Don't you watch Suthep's nightly addresses Rubi? He has been openly boasting about sending his flock to surround any bank who even think about financing the rice loans. Must be hard to keep up with things when you are not paying full attention. I suggest watching nightly speeches, police announcements, government announcements & reading a selection of Thai newspapers to get a well rounded perspective. Or you could just stick to The Nation I suppose.

Don't you watch Suthep's nightly addresses Rubi? He has been openly boasting about sending his flock to surround any bank who even think about financing the rice loans. Must be hard to keep up with things when you are not paying full attention. I suggest watching nightly speeches, police announcements, government announcements & reading a selection of Thai newspapers to get a well rounded perspective. Or you could just stick to The Nation I suppose.

Do you?

BTW the banks didn't need Suthep, they already concluded to loan this government money would not be good business practise.

Anyway, 20:16 time to wrap up, get something to eat and forget about TV for the weekend. Doctor's advise and the wife also doesn't like it wink.png

A post containing Thai language has been removed. This is the English language side of the forum, English is the only acceptable language, if you want to post in Thai language, go over to the Thai language forum. Posts containing links to Thai language sites have been removed. This is the English language side of the forum, Thai language sites here are irrelevant.

Do you?

BTW the banks didn't need Suthep, they already concluded to loan this government money would not be good business practise.

Anyway, 20:16 time to wrap up, get something to eat and forget about TV for the weekend. Doctor's advise and the wife also doesn't like it wink.png

Yes I make a point of catching the madman's nightly address. Getting more warped & extreme as time goes on. Starting to look quite desperate & pathetic at this point, similar to his crowds.

He has been addressing the issue of banks' loaning money for rice debts for a week or so now. His main point is that if the banks lend the money they will become illiquid & thereby endanger individual depositor's savings. Laughable I know, but he must have something to bleat on about for an hour a night. Thaksin is the devil wears a bit thin after a while.

• Like 2

Now this is really exquisite manure. Someone accuses and says 'if you don't answer, you must be guilty' ?

Friendly as we are here on TV and somewhat inhibited by forum rules, I will not make a phony accusation and charge you with proving it's phony.

Well he's never slow about accusing others of corruption. Now that the finger has been pointed at him let's hear what he has to say. It's only fair to give him the right of reply.

Yes.. it was dated 29th jan, this land was bought by his son 2-3 years ago. Due to the size of land and the one written on documents doesn't tally. That's why drag until now.

Never seen a land purchase take 2-3 years, no matter what size.

Where is the story backing this?

How is this not worthy of proper and detailed investigation ?

A land deal worth 280 million and suthep is supposed to be according to figures about - 200m.

Its not hard you just trace back the transfer of funds from where ? If its cash or untraceable or defendable with clear paperwork and corroborated trails of legal funding then theres a problem.

seriously if I was supporting someone who is always going on about corruption and they were put under suspicion for it Id demand that person proves they are innocent of such a claim and i dont mean dodgy family transfers unless all funds are provable to be legal and post tax.

Come on if it was the Shin family right now youd want that investigation, id want that investigation and by heck with all the BS hes been spouting for months i want it on Suthep.

Isn't it up to the accuser to prove the guilt of the accused? Anyone can make allegations. Unless he can prove them to a reasonable degree, it's just slander.

Wouldn't be the first time this guy has been convicted of that offense by a court of law.

When was Suthep convicted in a court of law.. never!

The article is about SUTHEP's son being a co-buyer ( allegedly)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The purchase was highly suspicious, Mr. Prompong said

Everything this guy says is suspicious, but this could really be fun if the democrats retaliate. You know, Chalerms fleet of luxury automobiles, Thaksins reinstatement to the richest people in the world list, Arismans airline, it could go on and on.

Edited by ramrod711

I continue to be impressed by the PTP strategy. Instead of taking on Suthep and his - let's call them 'officially provided' - guards, they are chipping away at him a little at a time. The election, the shrinking stages, the Indian, the mad monk and now hard evidence of recent big-money land deals. It's death by a thousand cuts. Slowly but surely the ground is eroding away around him.

Maybe, but he will be standing firmly on YL and the fugitives shoulders when the ground is finally eroded away.

According to Mr. Prompong Nopparit, his party has received information that 52 rai of land in Nakhon Si Thammarat province was purchased on 29 January with the price of 280 million baht.

The photo seems totally unrelated to the news article.

13917585871391758869l.jpg

The paragraph I quoted from the article mentions three numbers: 52, 29, 280. The photo is quite blurred but sufficiently clear to read the numbers (except that the form number at the top right of the sheet is illegible). Does anybody see any of the three numbers in the document?

Buying land with donation money?? I thought the donations were only a fraction of the total cost of keeping these rallies going.

Doesn't make sense imo.

That's based on the assumption that the suppliers are getting paid... (the stage management group, the AV people, caterers whoever)... I'd reckon that the "cheque is in the mail" is getting a fair bit of use. Yeah, but he's a born and bred crook... absurdly rich southerner... nuff said.

Mr. Prompong said he would like to ask Mr. Suthep and his son managed to purchase the land, since their bank accounts are currently frozen by the authorities.

Dear Mr convicted Prompong, you froze the accounts of the PCAD, but not the accounts of Suthep's son as you didn't have a warrant for that, so how do you claim they used donated money, since the donated money was in those frozen accounts ?

Buying land with donation money?? I thought the donations were only a fraction of the total cost of keeping these rallies going.

Doesn't make sense imo.

That's based on the assumption that the suppliers are getting paid... (the stage management group, the AV people, caterers whoever)... I'd reckon that the "cheque is in the mail" is getting a fair bit of use. Yeah, but he's a born and bred crook... absurdly rich southerner... nuff said.

You have proof they Are NOT being paid.... because it seems just the people the government owe are NOT getting paid!

Mr. Prompong said he would like to ask Mr. Suthep and his son managed to purchase the land, since their bank accounts are currently frozen by the authorities.

Dear Mr convicted Prompong, you froze the accounts of the PCAD, but not the accounts of Suthep's son as you didn't have a warrant for that, so how do you claim they used donated money, since the donated money was in those frozen accounts ?

It says THEIR bank accounts are currently frozen. How do we know Suthep's son's bank accounts are not frozen as well?

It isn't the first time that Suthep transfers land he illegally acquired to his son's name. The entire Democrat government of Chuan Leekpai had to resign to prevent Suthep from testifying in parliament, well before Thaksin ever came to power.

• Like 1

Doesn't make sense imo.

Suthep is always preaching a more transparent government. I think a good place to start would be showing how much in donations he has received and where exactly the money went.

If you preach transparency, I think you should also practice it yourself and set an example.

• Like 1

Yes.. it was dated 29th jan, this land was bought by his son 2-3 years ago. Due to the size of land and the one written on documents doesn't tally. That's why drag until now.

Thank for this additional information but I wonder if you could be a little more specific, since the author of the news article obviously did not do his research. It is always good to hear from somebody who has inside information.

Can you point out on the photo of the document where the date of 29 January is printed?

What is the size of the land as printed on the document and where is it printed on the document, and what is the real size of the land?

Thank for this additional information but I wonder if you could be a little more specific, since the author of the news article obviously did not do his research. It is always good to hear from somebody who has inside information.

Can you point out on the photo of the document where the date of 29 January is printed?

What is the size of the land as printed on the document and where is it printed on the document, and what is the real size of the land?

The page in the photo appears to be a signature or contact details page and the text is too blurred to be legible. I've zoomed in and couldn't see any dates or places to fill in with dates either.

Silly choice for a cover photo, in my opinion. Next to useless for anyone.

Edited by Trembly

A land deal worth 280 million and suthep is supposed to be according to figures about - 200m.

Its not hard you just trace back the transfer of funds from where ? If its cash or untraceable or defendable with clear paperwork and corroborated trails of legal funding then theres a problem.

seriously if I was supporting someone who is always going on about corruption and they were put under suspicion for it Id demand that person proves they are innocent of such a claim and i dont mean dodgy family transfers unless all funds are provable to be legal and post tax.

Come on if it was the Shin family right now youd want that investigation, id want that investigation and by heck with all the BS hes been spouting for months i want it on Suthep.

Isn't it up to the accuser to prove the guilt of the accused? Anyone can make allegations. Unless he can prove them to a reasonable degree, it's just slander.

Wouldn't be the first time this guy has been convicted of that offense by a court of law.

I think you misread my post. By "this guy" I referred to the guy making the accusation. He was recently convicted for libel.

Sorry for any lack of clarity. Please calm down... :)

• Like 1

I think you misread my post. By "this guy" I referred to the guy making the accusation. He was recently convicted for libel.

Sorry for any lack of clarity. Please calm down... :)

The page in the photo appears to be a signature or contact details page and the text is too blurred to be legible. I've zoomed in and couldn't see any dates or places to fill in with dates either.

Silly choice for a cover photo, in my opinion. Next to useless for anyone.

I think that's the point .. those who believe anything from Phua Thai will believe this .... others will wait for REAL information.