Farmers challenge Yingluck to a TV debate

Lite Beer

A pointless exercise from the farmers, this weak way of protesting wont move the PTP one iota , the problem being that not one Minister from Caretaker P.M. Yingluck down , can handle being questioned , it is beneath their dignity , let alone a debate, in their opinion being spoken down to by a rice farmer and questioned is beyond belief, best take your protest to the streets , that's where the message will be heardcoffee1.gif .

• Like 1

what a pisser this would be, fancy poo being shown up by the farmers, this would leave no doubt in peoples minds just how stupid she really is when the farmers could outwit her. She would have no idea what to say to them or how to answer any unprepared questions like "what is 1 + 1", cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The crocodile tears would be enough to melt the hardest rice farmers heart.

"I feel your pain, sob, but you must understand it's that nasty Suthep who stopped me from giving you your money, sob, sob."

She has already won the debate, because she already knows what she is going to say:

"I came from Election"."You, farmers and National Anti-Corruption Commission, do not come from Election. You, antidemocratic"

giggle.gif

Edited by MGP

What a great idea, hope YL has the guts to face them. Notice how quickly and with relatively few people they have kept their issue in the headlines. Maybe this is a demonstration that the perception that farmers are 'uneducated poor people from Isaan' is just so wrong. If anyone is going to bring down this government, it may well be the farmers.

• Like 1

it was fine for greedy rice farmers to recieve above fair market rice for the rice

it was fine for them to buy tonnes of cambodian and burmese rice and smuggle it in

to rape the system because thai rice subsidy was paying so much better

nobody even mentioned corruption when it was going the other way into their own pockets

now they want an anti corruption agency to help them get money back from a corrupt government

typical thais never complain when theyre ripping someone else off until it happens to them and then

they go on the warpath .........

I seriously doubt your average Joe Blow farmer would be involved in the rice smuggling scheme.

they were all happily involved to get 1.5 x times the going rate knowing that rice

doesnt sell for that much on the open market

it was a scam from start to finish and if they got burned for being greedy maybe theres

a lesson to be learned somewhere in all this .....

unfortunate but sometimes you have to get burned to learn that its stupid to put your hand

in the fire ..........

it was fine for greedy rice farmers to recieve above fair market rice for the rice

it was fine for them to buy tonnes of cambodian and burmese rice and smuggle it in

nobody even mentioned corruption when it was going the other way into their own pockets

now they want an anti corruption agency to help them get money back from a corrupt government

typical thais never complain when theyre ripping someone else off until it happens to them and then

I seriously doubt your average Joe Blow farmer would be involved in the rice smuggling scheme.

they were all happily involved to get 1.5 x times the going rate knowing that rice

it was a scam from start to finish and if they got burned for being greedy maybe theres

unfortunate but sometimes you have to get burned to learn that its stupid to put your hand

in the fire ..........

"....it was a scam from start to finish....."

Correct, but in the USA, Bernie Madoff is serving several life sentences for being behind the Ponzi scheme which defrauded thousands of their savings.

The victims got burned for being greedy and investing in 'too good to be true deals'.

The Thai farmers and the Thai people have also been victims of a too good to be true scam, but there is little chance that the fraudster behind the scam, one Thaksin Shinawatra, will ever be held accountable in a Thai courtroom.

• Like 1

in the fire ..........

You must know many farmers who knowingly understood the economic ramifications when they accepted the rice pledging scheme which was a PTP policy platform for the election.

Where do these die hearted Tasking supporters come from

No matter how corrupt the Taskin lot get there is always some one their to say how good they are

I say NO to a televised debate with the Rice Farmers

I say YES to 3 debates

1) with a cross section of Thai people

2) with there opposition

3) with the rice farmers

and these debates must be with Yingluk herself

but to much would be seen by the Thai people so it will never happen

and The Real PM in Dubai would never allow it

• Like 1

If you got a pay rise at work. Would YOU turn it down?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Are you serious

He is a Taskin supporter

His money comes from .......

I not need tell you whom

To start with they wouldn't have the money to fund it or the contacts to carry it off. This is the realm of the middleman, millers and friends of friends.

Thank you, for displaying your complete ignorance on the subject. You have left no doubt in my mind that you posted simply to get a reaction. clap2.gif

in the fire ..........

Perhaps you should learn it is stupid to put your hands near the keyboard, whistling.gif

• Like 1

I think the farmers should ask more of their comrades to join in the protest in Bkk as well. Let the public know many farmers are currently against the YL govt. Not only because of the unpaid payment but also issue with the whole rice scheme process.

Till now, my extended family's neighbor (rice farmers) still believe in ptp. They do not find a problem with the rice scheme. They acknowledge that the rice scheme is currently facing problems not because of YL or the govt in-charge but is causing by other parties with deliberate intentions to fault the YL govt. And i feel unbelieveable is they told my mother in-law that the shinawat family is very rich, why they need to corrupt and cheat the money? blink.png

"Once Thaksin is back to Thailand, he will pay the money back to all the farmers" :her neighbor said.

I faint when I heard from my MIL.

They love Thaksin too much that they can't see the truth.

• Like 1

........so true! but surely not all were corrupt!!

Will there in the debate be an option like, " can I call a relative " ?

I hope so because she ain't got any friends left to phone

I think that with her college degree she would not be afraid to take on a poor Thai farmer.

The one cavity I would have is that she be inspected for any ear pieces that would

allow her to receive orders advice.whistling.gif

• Like 1

I think that with her college degree she would not be afraid to take on a poor Thai farmer.

The one cavity I would have is that she be inspected for any ear pieces that would

Cavity?

Does that qualify as Freudian?

My local Villa has a sign asking customers if they prefer a bag or a box. Its above the Durex tray at the checkout.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Cavity?

My local Villa has a sign asking customers if they prefer a bag or a box. Its above the Durex tray at the checkout.

cheesy.gif Freudian I just saw it myself meant to say caveat.wub.png

Cavity?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Freudian meant to say caveat.wub.png