Guesthouse or apartment needed for 1 month near a BTS station. 10,000 baht max.

KarlosInBKK

I arrive in BKK on the 18th Feb and will stay in Banglamphu for 2 weeks to party and catch up with friends. After this I will knuckle down to get a job as an English teacher. I would like to rent a room/apartment that is close to a BTS station for 1 month while I'm applying for jobs and interviewing. Once I secure a teaching position I will then rent an apartment close to my new workplace. Can anyone recommend a guesthouse that does a monthly rate or an apartment that allows you to rent for only 1 month? My maximum budget is 10,000 baht including bills and I'm not too bothered which BTS station it is close to.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think you'll get better replies with this if we move it over to the Bangkok forum. What might help is if you narrow this down a bit. Is there a particular part of town you'd like to be in? The mass transit system covers a very large area. If you don't mind the area, options abound.

Rooms close to the BTS are at a premium so B10,000 on a short term less than 3 months is difficult, especially during what is still considered "Hi Season"

I forget the name but there is a building of mostly studio rooms just 50 meters past the Thong Lo BTS station on the even soi side that has rooms in that range but expect to be in the B12,000 range by the time you finish with add-ons. Definitively worth checking out because of it's convenience. If you are female, there is a "Ladies only" apartment house on the opposite side of the Thong Lo BTS, visible from the platform.

Suhkumvit 81 or 83 I forget but is on opposite side of road to tesco . If you get of BTS and walk towards bearing station on the sky bridge to the end and go down the last set of steps on your left the soi is just there . It is a rather long soi but many places down there . My sister-in-law lives there in a reasonable apartment furnished for 8,500 baht/ month plus electric. Hope this of some help

• Like 2

Suhkumvit 81 or 83 I forget but is on opposite side of road to tesco . If you get of BTS and walk towards bearing station on the sky bridge to the end and go down the last set of steps on your left the soi is just there . It is a rather long soi but many places down there . My sister-in-law lives there in a reasonable apartment furnished for 8,500 baht/ month plus electric. Hope this of some help

It won't help because the guy wants to stay for just one month and these places look for at least a 6 month contract.

It's Sukhumvit 81 you're thinking of. I lived about 600 m in about 10-11 years ago for 3,500 a month...but that's going to be much more now. Still, if the OP is going to meet his rather ridiculous criteria anywhere, that's certainly worth a shot. BTW that's On Nut BTS station.

It's Sukhumvit 81 you're thinking of. I lived about 600 m in about 10-11 years ago for 3,500 a month...but that's going to be much more now. Still, if the OP is going to meet his rather ridiculous criteria anywhere, that's certainly worth a shot. BTW that's On Nut BTS station.

Are you going to whinge all the way through this thread?

• Like 1

Lots of half-decent hotels and guest houses in Ratchada that'll do a deal for a month.

"Sea of Love" in Ratchada comes to mind.

http://www.seaoflovemansion.com/rooms.htm

Edit: Shit! Sorry! Min. 4 month contract. Must be a new policy. They might negotiate now that high season's been washed out by the protests

Edited by HardenedSoul
  • Like 1

You may also want to wait until you get a job as where you will be teaching may dictate the area you want to live in unless you want a long travel time

The OP did say........"Once I secure a teaching position I will then rent an apartment close to my new workplace." whistling.gif

Rooms close to the BTS are at a premium so B10,000 on a short term less than 3 months is difficult, especially during what is still considered "Hi Season"

I forget the name but there is a building of mostly studio rooms just 50 meters past the Thong Lo BTS station on the even soi side that has rooms in that range but expect to be in the B12,000 range by the time you finish with add-ons. Definitively worth checking out because of it's convenience. If you are female, there is a "Ladies only" apartment house on the opposite side of the Thong Lo BTS, visible from the platform.

Lots of girls go partying on buanglamphu... As does Karls in Bangkok. I guess he's a girl with a very big stroomf. ...

Are you going to whinge all the way through this thread?

??? What's your problem? I gave some practical advice, adding to another post of practical advice. Go pick a fight somewhere else, little keyboard warrior! hahaha

A little above your budget, but not too much. KV Mansion Soi 81 (BTS Onnut) rents out rooms for 8,000 baht per month on 6 month contracts or 12,000 baht for one month.

http://www.kvmansion.com

I have lived there for the last 2 years. If you're not willing to pay that much, there are apartments in lower price ranges available in the same soi.

Edit in: I see the price for one month went up to 15,000. Perhaps you can negotiate or look around in the soi. There is a good motorcycle service operating in the soi.

Edited by sniffdog
  • Like 2

Yeah, he will be hanging out with friends for weeks, who live in Bangkok but they have no clue about housing and fon't have a place this guy can roll out a yoga mat. Yup, sounds like just the kind of "teachers" you'd expect living on ksr.

OP, I hope you have a BA in Education because it appears that is the new requirement. All but official.

You may also want to wait until you get a job as where you will be teaching may dictate the area you want to live in unless you want a long travel time

The OP did say........"Once I secure a teaching position I will then rent an apartment close to my new workplace." whistling.gif

Fair enough

If we can name enough places far and wide he can select the one that is appropriate to his job :P

• Like 1