Best Polish and Wax

bkkjames

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What if a car is waxed once a month, do we really need the best wax or any would be enough ?

If you waxed it once a month and the car is parked under cover when not being used I would say just about any wax would work. BUT during rainy season a cheap wax may only last for a week or two. And new cars should be waxed as the clear coat needs to be protected or it will get dull over time.

What if a car is waxed once a month, do we really need the best wax or any would be enough ?

Try Mer my 'non-chum' highly recommends it cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif shit now I've joined you lot

Edited by JAS21

Try Mer my 'non-chum' highly recommends it cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif shit now I've joined you lot

You may scoff facepalm.gif, remember the thread where a guy has headlight problems, weeeeeell, just used MER on my headlights as one was a bit cloudy, now they are like new............thumbsup.gif

Why I am telling a non chum I don't know...................laugh.png

Trans, my non-chum ... have a great day ... knew you had a sense of humor ... somewhere. Just going to Autoglym HD wax a couple of panels. You might like to know, well maybe you don't but I'm telling you anyway. Just fitted my standard Racechip this morning ... haven't as yet noticed much power/torque improvement BUT the engine definitely feels smoother ... even Mrs JAS commented on that. I do have the EGR blanked so didn't expect much more anyway. It's set at 9B and I will leave it there ... 3Ltr V-Cross 4*4.

If you waxed it once a month and the car is parked under cover when not being used I would say just about any wax would work. BUT during rainy season a cheap wax may only last for a week or two. And new cars should be waxed as the clear coat needs to be protected or it will get dull over time.

Yep, a couple of hundred KM travelled in highway rain is enough to rid your paint of waxes and sealants.

One thing I wanted to bring up about wax and sealants. The reason we put these on the vehicle is not to make them shine better as new cars shine just fine without wax but keeping a paint well waxed will help to keep essentials oils in the paint which will help to reduce the dulling of the paint. The hotter the climate the more likely that the oil in the paint will be baked away and since we are so close to the equator our paint needs all the help it can get.

Where do you get the best wax in Bangkok or Pattaya ? Where do you go and do you know which product they use ? For how much ?

Thanks a lot.

As someone said previously ... google ... thaiwashercarclub press translate and loads of people selling quality stuff at non-thai prices.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly and advise which waxes can go on top of products like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for example. Some waxes have to go direct onto clean paintwork. I find that with Autoglym HD Wax.

Read most of the treads so I will give my 2 cents. I use to restore cars and show them at car shows before I moved to Thailand. For the best shine when showing a car I would use a good carnauba wax. The only problem with carnauba is it is not very durable and with the climate here would only last a couple weeks.

The new synthetic waxes are quit good as the wax bonds with the paint. These waxes have polymers in them so look for a good quality wax with polymers. Not cheap in Thailand, around 3000 baht for a tin of paste wax. I have been using Meguiar's brand on my 18 year old Cerfiro. Here is a pic of the car and yes that is the original paint.

IMGP0136-1.jpg

Yes, it does look like the original 18 year old paint, a bit hazy and the gloss is not very deep. Having the paint professionally corrected would make it look much better.

Is the chrome door pillar decoration original also?

Edited by Zeegator

Read most of the treads so I will give my 2 cents. I use to restore cars and show them at car shows before I moved to Thailand. For the best shine when showing a car I would use a good carnauba wax. The only problem with carnauba is it is not very durable and with the climate here would only last a couple weeks.

The new synthetic waxes are quit good as the wax bonds with the paint. These waxes have polymers in them so look for a good quality wax with polymers. Not cheap in Thailand, around 3000 baht for a tin of paste wax. I have been using Meguiar's brand on my 18 year old Cerfiro. Here is a pic of the car and yes that is the original paint.

IMGP0136-1.jpg

Yes, it does look like the original 18 year old paint, a bit hazy and the gloss is not very deep. Having the paint professionally corrected would make it look much better.

Is the chrome door pillar decoration original also?

Actually a poor quality photo as I sold the car a few months back and do not have another. Not original door pillars, wheels, fog lights and dual exhaust. I try to personalize my cars so the do not look like all the other models of the same car.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly and advise which waxes can go on top of products like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for example. Some waxes have to go direct onto clean paintwork. I find that with Autoglym HD Wax.

No matter what you put on top, it's just not going to bond long-term to a hydrophobic sealant like the one you're using - so your best bet is one of the spray-on, wipe-off toppers each week after washing. This will give it the 'pop' you're looking for, and will extend the lifespan of the sealant too.

Some suggestions:

Meguairs Ultimate Detailer

Meguiars Last Touch

Wolfgang Spritz Spray

Actually a poor quality photo as I sold the car a few months back and do not have another. Not original door pillars, wheels, fog lights and dual exhaust. I try to personalize my cars so the do not look like all the other models of the same car.

IMGP0136-1.jpg

Looks very good to my untrained eye!

The buyer got a nice deal! thumbsup.gif

No matter what you put on top, it's just not going to bond long-term to a hydrophobic sealant like the one you're using - so your best bet is one of the spray-on, wipe-off toppers each week after washing. This will give it the 'pop' you're looking for, and will extend the lifespan of the sealant too.

Some suggestions:

Meguiars Last Touch

Wolfgang Spritz Spray

What wax (and other products?) do you use on top of your Glass Coat?

They won't interfere at the time of the 6-month Si-700 maintenance spray-on?

Some suggestions:

Meguiars Last Touch

Wolfgang Spritz Spray

I use Meg's last touch after every wash..

Some suggestions:

Meguiars Last Touch

Wolfgang Spritz Spray

Where do you buy it ? How much ?

Some suggestions:

Meguiars Last Touch

Wolfgang Spritz Spray

Hello,

I hate having choice, this is so ridiculous, why don't they sell only 1, the best one ?

Can you tell me what to choose ?

Thanks.

Some suggestions:

Meguiars Last Touch

Wolfgang Spritz Spray

Thanks! wai2.gif

So it will be only Meguiar Last Touch plus semi-annual Si-700 maintenance spray-ons .... I am so-oooo going to miss adding that personal polish and wax touch

Where do you buy it ? How much ?

There's a few different vendors that sell it at ThaiWasherCarClub dot com. Prices range from about 100 Baht for a small 8oz bottle, up to 1600 for a gallon (128oz).

Hello,

I hate having choice, this is so ridiculous, why don't they sell only 1, the best one ?

Thanks.

If you hate choice so much, I'm guessing you drive either a Vigo or a Fortuner, and the whole dating thing has been driving you nuts your whole life? tongue.png

In any case, the best has already been revealed here - it's glass coating with a 250 week advantage over the rest ;) When it comes to spray-on wipe-off detailers, just choose the one that smells best to you, because that's the only product you're going to be using regularly once you have glass :)

Edited by IMHO

Hello,

Thanks.

If you hate choice so much, I'm guessing you drive either a Vigo or a Fortuner, and the whole dating thing has been driving you nuts your whole life? tongue.png

In any case, the best has already been revealed here - it's glass coating with a 250 week advantage over the rest wink.png When it comes to spray-on wipe-off detailers, just choose the one that smells best to you, because that's the only product you're going to be using regularly once you have glass smile.png

....... Well, many of the rest of us car enthusiast sure 'get it' and appreciate how our awareness of detailings latest has been elevated!

Hello,

Thanks.

In any case, the best has already been revealed here - it's glass coating with a 250 week advantage over the rest wink.png When it comes to spray-on wipe-off detailers, just choose the one that smells best to you, because that's the only product you're going to be using regularly once you have glass smile.png

I hate choosing stupid things as detergent or car wax !!!

Just sell me the best price and that's all, why having dozen of different products as if it was not just retardd marketing !

So you mean that nothing beats glass coating at 50000 thb ? But do you really trust these shops that open and close daily ?

Giving 50000 to a monkey who might not be here tomorrow anymore to make sure that what he did on my car was good enough is a bit risky...

And no, I do not drive a Japanese car, otherwise I don't think I would even care washing it !!!

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Thanks.

I hate choosing stupid things as detergent or car wax !!!

Just sell me the best price and that's all, why having dozen of different products as if it was not just retardd marketing !

So you mean that nothing beats glass coating at 50000 thb ? But do you really trust these shops that open and close daily ?

Giving 50000 to a monkey who might not be here tomorrow anymore to make sure that what he did on my car was good enough is a bit risky...

And no, I do not drive a Japanese car, otherwise I don't think I would even care washing it !!!

I don't think it's that expensive. It's about 25K for a small car, but would a large one be 50K?

Sorry for not reading all these posts through.The best stuff I ever found and which I'm using since two years is from Sonax, produced by a German company, which goes by the name: " Auto Hart Wax."

A can with 400 ml is only around 200 baht and polisher free. Please see image, you won't regret it.

post-158336-0-93065500-1423225313_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan