CMPO To Question Hotels For 'Sheltering' PCAD Leaders

Lite Beer

Dusit Thani Hotel and Intercontinental Hotel, harboring anti democratic terrorists with arrest warrants for murder.... great headline.

<sarcasm> really smart move by the executive directors of these hotels </sarcasm> if they dont get criminal charges brought against them, they at the very least should be sacked.

Both the land is owned the by the RCPB which makes it a very save place for Suthep to stay.

Not in either case....Dusit Thani is private land and you are thinking of the old intercon (Siam intercon, now demolished)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suthep may not be a communist but he is indeed a fascist, an aspiring dictator, and an alleged murderer.

What a fantastic role model for an anti-government protest leader, and the fact that there still are Thai Visa members still supporting this loony is truly mind-boggling.

Can you not see that wanting hotel owners to report on guests is exactly what a fascist state would do?

• Like 1

It's not the hotels job to be the goon squad. I'm sure they'll let the police in the front door. How many protesters have the police arrested thus far? None at all? Good job.

This is the same government that issues passports to criminal fugitives and threatens portable toilet rental agencies.

• Like 2

coffee1.gif don't see the problem with warning the hotels they are now harbouring people with arrest warrants issued legally by the courts, time to decide for them are they going to continue to be complicit or face the consequences ?

Good move and people should ask why these leaders are in a plush hotel and not a modest one when the people are camped in tents, humility and modesty thai style ? whistling.gif

• Like 1

Suthep may not be a communist but he is indeed a fascist, an aspiring dictator, and an alleged murderer.

What a fantastic role model for an anti-government protest leader, and the fact that there still are Thai Visa members still supporting this loony is truly mind-boggling.

Can you not see that wanting hotel owners to report on guests is exactly what a fascist state would do?

Under Thai law, hotels are required to provide a list of guests to authorities on a daily basis

Why? Suthep is not a fascist, dictator or communist. You are the only one wanting people to behave like right wing nationalists.

He certainly did try to become a dictator. With 400 of his own people in power, 100 personally chosen by himself!

If you remember his threats to detain Yingluk and keep her hostage till she resigns? Also his "she will have to flee the country" remarks.

So suggesting his best interest is to flee abroad might have been a joke, but its not out of bounds by any means.

Someone has to be in a position of absolute power to be a dictator. And dictators don't usually go around telling everyone of their cunning plan on stage or on on television. Maybe you are confusing the term dictator and demonstrator. They both begin with the letter D, so easy enough mistake to make I suppose.

"D" is for dictator...

• Like 1

Thailand has been doing that under Abhisit and the Democrats in power. Are you saying Abhisit and the Democrats are fascists?

So you dont know that by law hotels are and have always been required to take down ID or passport info and its supposed to be regularly checked by the authorities.

You must also have a place listed on where to stay or are staying on the TMA entry form, or as a resident your listed on a tabien ban and ampur etc etc ... all this is all not just a little bit fascist and put in place... not surprisingly by the army and military over the years, This has been going on for as long as I remember and way before any Shins appeared.

Edited by englishoak

Under Thai law, hotels are required to provide a list of guests to authorities on a daily basis

Really! I thought that only applied to foreign guests not all guests including Thai nationals.

Perhaps Suthep should climb out of the window just like Arissman in 2010. Or are we accepting double standards?

I only agree with Suthep climbing out of the hotel room window if his room is on the 10th floor or higher.

At least the circus would stop.

Next steps will be:

- "Question" all food stalls that sell their wares to these criminals;

- "Question" all public transport companies who sell them tickets;

- "Question" all TV channels that show soap operas enjoyed by PDRC "insurgents"

This pathetic government is getting more desperate by the day.

It all seemed no problem at all in 2010 when certain hotels harbored certain red shirt leaders in their luxuriously appointed rooms (just kidding) from which they could comfortably abseil if the need arose (and didn't settle their accumulated bills).

So you dont know that by law hotels are and have always been required to take down ID or passport info and its supposed to be regularly checked by the authorities.

You must also have a place listed on where to stay or are staying on the TMA entry form, or as a resident your listed on a tabien ban and ampur etc etc ... all this is all not just a little bit fascist and put in place... not surprisingly by the army and military over the years, This has been going on for as long as I remember and way before any Shins appeared.

For Thai nationals as well? Show me the proof and my jaw will drop!

coffee1.gif don't see the problem with warning the hotels they are now harbouring people with arrest warrants issued legally by the courts, time to decide for them are they going to continue to be complicit or face the consequences ?

Good move and people should ask why these leaders are in a plush hotel and not a modest one when the people are camped in tents, humility and modesty thai style ? whistling.gif

Surely "people " should be asking WHY the government and police have not arrested a man that has had an valid arrest warrant out for several days now!!!

Especially as they knew were he was sleeping .... NO?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"The CMPO will also press charges against any parties who continue to support PCAD financially, Mr. Tharit added."

Another clown........Is he going to prosecute all the yellow supporters that made donations on the streets?

And in which civilised country, people or organisations are prosecuted for making donations to a political party?

Let alone the hotels, and the toilets provided by the Bangkok authority.

They should have put Mr Tharit and Mr Chalerm to a lunatic asylum by now.

By what stretch of the imagination is PCAD a political party. Are they certified and licensed as a political party? If the hotels are are offering free rooms to them, they are breaking the law, just as much as the street people for making cash donations to a group of insurrectionists.

I don't feel that offering toilet use falls in the same category as hotel rooms and cash.

Tharit and Chalerm are enforcing the law. This does not make them lunatics.

I think it's already been said, but the hotels are not breaking the law, whether the rooms are free or not. It is not illegal to provide goods and services to people with arrest warrants. They are not hiding anyone, nor preventing authorities from arresting them.

Dusit Thani Hotel and Intercontinental Hotel, harboring anti democratic terrorists with arrest warrants for murder.... great headline.

<sarcasm> really smart move by the executive directors of these hotels </sarcasm> if they dont get criminal charges brought against them, they at the very least should be sacked.

Actually, I would say the authorities should be the one's sacked for dereliction of duty in knowing where these people are residing, but failing to arrest them even though warrants have been issued.

lol

Perhaps Suthep should climb out of the window just like Arissman in 2010. Or are we accepting double standards?

I hope he does that was my favourite newspaper headline ever: "Arisman escapes 007 style" (accompanied by a rather amusing photograph).

It is not a hotels business to discriminate those who buys their rooms for the night,

if they do not cause a disturbance to other guests.

It is also not a hotels business to snitch on guests who might be wanted for something,

Not sure about that

Isn't it normally a responsibility for a hotel to report known accused to the police. If there is a warrant, surely a hotel has to report.

Okay lets agree with you for 1 minute

what difference would it make

The police know where they are but are to scared to do anything

when will you wake up and see this is all spin

The full lot of them are petrified of the protestors and want to blame someone to take the blame of them selves

Talk about you lot being a herd of sheep

Next steps will be:

It all seemed no problem at all in 2010 when certain hotels harbored certain red shirt leaders in their luxuriously appointed rooms (just kidding) from which they could comfortably abseil if the need arose (and didn't settle their accumulated bills).

Well, the PDRC has been selling "shop spots" to street vendors on a daily basis. They walk up and down Sukhumvit walking street every day collecting the fees for shop stalls - which are built on PUBLIC roads.

While protesters freezing and sleep in tents on the street, Suthep and others leading is sleep in Dusit Thani Hotel and Intercontinental Hotel. Both are 5 stars, the best that money can buy.

Probably funded by the cash donations from his supporters. As they say, a fool and his money are easily parted smile.png

And you are a know it all

and now everything that is going on

Please show us all 1 piece of evidence that backs up what your saying

Next steps will be:

Noodle vendors, musicians and portable toilet operators have already been threatened by Surapong/CMPO.

• Like 1

thousands ? i thought it was six million + ?

what a letdown sad.png

It used to be six million, but has grown to a few thousand since then.

Dear leader Suthep said more and more people are joining every day. Will soon be a few dozen.

cheesy.gif

Yes, well the govt made a big mistake by treating them with kid gloves the day they occupied the ministries. Handing them bottles of water and opening the gates...when they deserved some firm baton strikes to the groin

what a letdown sad.png

Dear leader Suthep said more and more people are joining every day. Will soon be a few dozen.

cheesy.gif

Yes, well the govt made a big mistake by treating them with kid gloves the day they occupied the ministries. Handing them bottles of water and opening the gates...when they deserved some firm baton strikes to the groin

The government made many big mistakes.

Lying

Cheating

Misleading

Amnesty bill

Senate bill

2.2T loan bill

Now the goose is cooke

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

For Thai nationals as well? Show me the proof and my jaw will drop!

Yes for Thai nationals as well, of course they are required to, what do you think an ID card is for if not used to keep track of people and used to identify who is doing what and where in terms of movement amongst other things ?

I only agree with Suthep climbing out of the hotel room window if his room is on the 10th floor or higher.

At least the circus would stop.

You might well go to bed tonight with that belief, but in the morning the cold reality would be (To paraphrase Freddy M) that "The show must go on". Suthep is merely the ringmaster, the entertainer, laughing at the PTP muppets Yingluck, Chalerm, Surapong etc every night with a come and get me kind of abandon.

Take Suthep out, up will rise another.

In my opinion, of course.

• Like 2

what a letdown sad.png

cheesy.gif

Here is what Suthep himself said while he was Vice-PM, during the red shirt protests in 2010:

"But if they violate the laws, such as blocking roads and intruding into government offices, we will have to disperse the protesters,"

- Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban (March 13, 2010)

According to that, it seems to be that Suthep himself would support his PDRC protests being dispersed, no?

• Like 1

It's a simple enough point and I'm surprised you can't grasp it. An arrest warrant, especially on such serious charges as murder and sedition, requires all honest citizens to report the whereabouts of the fugitive to the police. That's what 'wanted' means. You seem to think that 'on the run and not yet convicted' is the same thing as 'pure as the driven snow'. By mentioning Bin Laden I am making the point that wanted fugitives should not be permitted freedom of movement.

You say "it's not the same as harbouring a fugitive". Well, yes, that's exactly what it is.

What should be the punishment for those that help a fugitive?

In PDRC land should it ever exist, it will be death by mob. The fascists and nazis of the last century shot dead anybody caught harboring and also shot most of the family as well.

Lets hope that the end is near. I can only asume that the Gov leave them out there protesting so as to drain their finances and good will pool.

CAPO said as much this morning when they said the money flow is drying up and many of the big backers are taking big hits in the Asoke and ZEN areas of town.

Mob down below 100 tonight at asoke. This even after the evening build up. More people in the park at prom Phong watcching the jazz. many times more in fact.

What the Government need to do is really finish off the fascists financially and make sure they don't have the money or support in future to try and bounce back from this as Pitak Siam and Whitefaces were allowed to do. Then, set the reform ball rolling. How could anybody dream that PT would agree to a reform taking place that specifically excluded them? Some real crazies on those stages and luckily due to their age, this could be the last stand and meddle for them. Lets hope smile.png

My wife and her friends have returned home

they feel their job is done

Now the chess games has been transferred to the Thai Courts

The protestors Yingluck can handle

but now her end is to come in the the place that they really hate

JUSTICE

• Like 1

It's a simple enough point and I'm surprised you can't grasp it. An arrest warrant, especially on such serious charges as murder and sedition, requires all honest citizens to report the whereabouts of the fugitive to the police. That's what 'wanted' means. You seem to think that 'on the run and not yet convicted' is the same thing as 'pure as the driven snow'. By mentioning Bin Laden I am making the point that wanted fugitives should not be permitted freedom of movement.

You say "it's not the same as harbouring a fugitive". Well, yes, that's exactly what it is.

What should be the punishment for those that help a fugitive?

In PDRC land should it ever exist, it will be death by mob. The fascists and nazis of the last century shot dead anybody caught harboring and also shot most of the family as well.

Lets hope that the end is near. I can only asume that the Gov leave them out there protesting so as to drain their finances and good will pool.

CAPO said as much this morning when they said the money flow is drying up and many of the big backers are taking big hits in the Asoke and ZEN areas of town.

Mob down below 100 tonight at asoke. This even after the evening build up. More people in the park at prom Phong watcching the jazz. many times more in fact.

What the Government need to do is really finish off the fascists financially and make sure they don't have the money or support in future to try and bounce back from this as Pitak Siam and Whitefaces were allowed to do. Then, set the reform ball rolling. How could anybody dream that PT would agree to a reform taking place that specifically excluded them? Some real crazies on those stages and luckily due to their age, this could be the last stand and meddle for them. Lets hope smile.png

Are you blind and do not see they are supported by the Thai people with on the street donations

Can we hope soon this also will be your last stand on your soap box

Next steps will be:

Well, the PDRC has been selling "shop spots" to street vendors on a daily basis. They walk up and down Sukhumvit walking street every day collecting the fees for shop stalls - which are built on PUBLIC roads.

Really!! I have to ask for proof on this one!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Great move by CMPO, get a couple of hotel receptionists, maybe even a hotel manager on criminal charges; what a show of power, yes, that'll stop the protests, they'll all go home and forget their worries about a goverment that has blown billions on failed populist policies.

• Like 1