Thai editorial: Accumulating legal cases compound political impasse

webfact

More and more, one is starting to hear discussion about partition of the country as the only final solution.

"The Fight Tearing the Country in Two" over at the Bangkok Post makes for an interesting read.

Well, would anyone lose too much sleep if bangkok was left only for Bangkokians and they had to.fend for themselves.

Bangkok isn't as rich as anyone thinks. Half the up.country productivity is banked in bangkok.

The article I thought was great writing and well put

but with in minutes we have you starting the fighting all over again with your comments

Thailand needs to be turned inside out, and yes this will not be easy

But they have to start somewhere

and my opinion is, if this protest starts the ball rolling and the corrupt start to face the courts, then it was all worth while

No bais, both sides must pay the Ferryman

And do you genuinely believe that these people will carry out the type of deep rooted reform this country needs?

The legal system, the army, the civil service, the education and last but biggest, the police.

Or do you think they might just get rid of thaksin and try to go back to circa 1995? Because it was all.so good back then.

Thaksin is a dishonest bloke. Why would you let a dishonest bloke like Suthep sort it out. I for one would prefer Chuwit.

Yes thailand needs reform. Good luck waiting for Suthep to deliver it. The solution is not going to be found in anything that can be achieved by this current corrupt generation of politicians.

There are no politicians with principles or vision in thailand today. They are all tainted.

Suthep joined the protest after it was already going and I don't think there is anything stopping Chuwit from joining also.

I personally do not care if peter pan and the tinker bell fairies are in charge of the reform as long as the reform gets done in the correct way.

The chair person should not even get a vote in the reform and any reforms implemented should pass by a 2/3rds vote. The committee they are talking about is supposed to be of 500 people committee or something like isn't it? Then go to a vote of the country? I get the impression most of you that are so worried about suthep think Suthep is going to be writing all the reforms and they will be implemented with no input from anyone else.

I was in support of the protesters back when the were wearing the v for vendetta masks before suthep joined. just because he joined did not make me against them even though i do not like suthep and some of his crazy ideas but he is helping get this protest the attention it needs.

Well I for one care very much when the main pillar of the plan is to suspend democracy, and as yet not other officially declared policy.