Sonthiyarn arrested; first rally leader to be detained

webfact

What a victory for the government! They arrested someone who wasn't even bothering to hide, having a meal by himself in a shopping mall. They got a single leader after months of protests! Chalerm must have gone into an alcoholic coma with all the celebrating! Well done! clap2.gif

Arrest warrants were only issued recently and I bet he wished he had hid like the rest of them atm. You really think any government in the world will put up with these kind of protests ad infinitum once they turn violent and have people running about shooting others and saying the things they have on stage ? ridiculous pipe dream.

Dosnt matter if half this gov belong behind bars or not they arnt going to just sit and do nothing forever, atm its clean up time for the protest leaders and affiliated financial supporters.

58 persons and companies are among a total of 139 names which the DSI will issue warrants for them to clarify their financing.

The first group of 58 names is those the DSI has evidence that they donated over a million baht fund to the PDRC.

He said at first financial transactions of these first group would be halted until they could clarify their financing.He made clear that the DSI did not seize their accounts but just freeze them until clear explanation is given.

Hardly surprising

So off center - like a lot of your posts. That most if not all of the current caretaker government belong behind bars is the root cause of the problem. Not many countries would tolerate a government that openly lies, cheats, acts illegally, refuses accountability and transparency, makes false promises, holds itself above the law, encourages people to disobey the law (when suits) and disrespects parliamentary procedures. Remember PTPs blatant attempts to censor social media and the press last year, even threatening "legal" action if you liked a post on social media that they didn't. They have zero interest in reform or reconciliation. Their only interest is to clear their leader of all criminal charges and conviction, past, present and future and to create a scenario where they can govern unchecked and unopposed. The straw that broke the camel's back was the sneaky amnesty bill linked with trying to ram through the 2.2 trillion off budget and free from parliamentary control.

They have indeed lost the legitimate mandate to govern, even before the results of the numerous corruption probes are known. A decent party would have resigned to show some honor. But, as we know honor, ethics, and the truth are not familiar to them.

This does not suggest all the actions of all the protesters are right either. Some have their own agenda. But, we know DSI are a tool of the government to suppress opposition and dissent when required. This smacks of intimidation, revenge, and some desperation. PTP's M.O. is to push to the limits and if no reaction push more. They over pushed and created the mess themselves. Arrogance, stupidity, contempt for the people and laws, all ingredients. The latest jaunt by some to meet the real boss in Myanmar, if true, would suggest the allegations they are ruled, led or very influenced by a convicted fugitive criminal have some credence.

Not many countries would have tolerated this behavior for so long. A sad reflection of the legal system when a very senior police office openly cavorts outside the country with a convicted fugitive wanted to face other more serious charges.

How anyone can trust anything this regime say or do is baffling, given their track record. To suggest they are interested in democracy, upholding the law, social reform and change to benefit all is just too laughable.

Your making the mistake so many others do, its not about could, would, should, fair, listening, corrupt or otherwise its about legality, ability and legitimacy.

This constant whining about this or that or this was done 10 years ago that skype call was made to TS about doing this etc ... its all stories, get it ? it dosnt matter what gossip says only what is factually proven, which when you really get down deep is very very little. Thats fact at this moment, it dosnt matter what any accusations are because none of it is proven fact.

So many here have no idea how to discuss a topic its always derailed into other complaints or examples, the DSI as one example lets use that of course its a government tool what would you expect ? of course the aim of harassing these protesters is to break it up and force them to go home, and they are breaking the law now which allows more pressure on them .

I have no idea just where people think they are sometimes, here the state TV has always been a propaganda tool, the media has always been a propaganda tool, all depts have nearly always been bought and sold, everything here is totally corrupt, army generals sit in more board rooms than they do barracks etc etc This is NOT a free or fair country, in order to survive and progress at higher levels it is necessary to engage in corruption or deal with those that are, its just the reality.This isnt a Shin monopoly its everyone. However.

All that counts for the time being for a gov is they are in, the legally elected or appointed government and they will do whatever any other government would do and work with that remit, protect their position and use the law where they can to bolster it. Just here its Thailand and its going to be messy and dramatic but nevertheless the sun always rises on the morrow.

Like there is any country with any government that just would turn around and say yknow what here... forget the elections your right, you set up your peoples council and while your at it sure lets just disband, step down and be nice and meek little subjects ? I dont think so, not with the numbers they have had protesting thats not a real voice just a rich one.... i dont care what the propaganda says its barely been more than 300k at max at the peak, this is NOT representative of the majority only an election can show that.

I dont have to like the elected government ( I dont ) but they are the legally elected, current serving one even as a caretaker, they have powers and depts they can use and as expected are using them. Its pretty naive for people to think anyone here is going to play nice when they don't have to, in 10 years nothing much will have changed at the top and how they act i said that 10 years ago and it hasnt to date.

As for the policeman meeting Mr T so what in Myanmar he has no jurisdiction and if you think Thaksin hasnt been in Thailand since he left then you dont know how things work here, saying all that its totally irrelevant to this thread, why not to the thread topic ?

How anyone can trust any politician here or the system of believe there will be any reforms when no one has mentioned ONE specific detail yet... not one, now that is laughable.

• Like 2

As for the policeman meeting Mr T so what in Myanmar he has no jurisdiction and if you think Thaksin hasnt been in Thailand since he left then you dont know how things work here, saying all that its totally irrelevant to this thread, why not to the thread topic ?

Please enlighten us on this, oh wonderful english oak wai.gif

The're's bound to be large numbers of Democrats and arrogant foreigners crying foul at the inevitable arrests of protest organizers and fund raisers, Many of these are in fact anti-heroes trying to bring down the rights of the majority of the Thai people , Somehow these morons find the intellectual rape of millions of law abiding Thai citizens funny.

The critics should be thankful that Thailand has a Prime Minister that will not use excessive force against her enemies or any of her genuine political adversaries. However you can expect that the PM will use the full force of Thai Law to bring them to justice. Thereafter the Thai Judiciary will be expected to give Thailand's anti-heroes,on conviction, fines, custodial sentencing, or ban them from public office..

If you are continuing to protest illegally (Occupying or damaging public offices, or utilities) I sincerely advise you to go home to your families without delay.

Would people like you stop making Poo seem so nice because she doesn't use excessive force? It's not through the kindness of heart that she doesn't order the police in to crack heads. She's just afraid of what the Army will do if she does. Justice! Oh wow, I smell the naivete!

People will continue to exercise their right to protest until this government goes down and the PM takes the first flight out to Dubai.

And then there will be no more protests, because when "this government goes down", what follows will not tolerate any protests.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's always easy to make the future sound real bad when you don't really know what will happen. I could say the same thing if Thaksin comes back. Difference is, he already has a track record of human rights violations and has the blood of thousands of people on his hands.

This guy is "the brains of the operation"? Like winning 3rd prize in a beauty contest. Who will step up now, the beer heiress?

Well the protestors are up against the brilliant minds of Chalerm, Poo, et al. I'd pit the beer heiress against the crybaby any day of the week.

I love how a democratic anti-government protest gets slandered to make it look like a 'mob' rather than a democratic moverment. Just to justify it's prosecution I guess.

BTW 11:56AM did Tarit/DSI already make the list of sponsors known?

"a democratic anti-government protest gets slandered to make it look like a 'mob' rather than a democratic moverment"

Yeah, right. You are joking , aren't you?

"The deepening crisis took a turn for the worse Thursday after protesters tried to overrun a Bangkok sports stadium where election candidates were gathering to draw lots for their positions on ballots. Masked protesters fired rocks from slingshots as they tried to break into the building to halt the process, while police fired tear gas and rubber bullets.

Two people, including a police officer, were shot dead. Four election commissioners left the stadium by helicopter to escape the violence, some of the sharpest since a long-running dispute between Thailand’s bitterly divided political factions intensified"

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/12/27/thai_army_chief_urges_calm_hints_at_possible_coup.html

11.jpg

I don't have proof of course but its just logic, consider how easy it is to cross into Thailand from four different countries without setting foot at a checkpoint, consider he has a passport and that immigration would not necessarily even stop him entering, who they going to inform if he did the government ? a few baht to a known ally on immigration no problem.

Its not like hes Thailand's most wanted man to the majority its a bare 2 year sentence hes avoiding and his sister is after all the current PM, the contacts he has with police and specifically border control police is well known.

option 2 you think people have to come through Suvarnabhumi ? This country dosnt have airspace patrols as far as i know, it would be a simple helicopter ride to one of thousands of places no problem. people in their thousands cross over and back every day without so much as a stamp. Just how hard would you think such a person as T with his contacts in neighbouring countries let alone Thailand and his wealth with a family in the position they currently are, with all the minor airstrips let alone other options would find it.?

His main problem would be his face being easily recognised but in a land where everyone is up for a anything for a few thousand baht and blacked out windows are common hed find popping in or out of Thailand without fuss or detection whenever he wanted if he so wished pretty simple.

I suspect hes been in and out a number of times since 06, its not like Thailands airspace has fighter patrols on constant alert with its neighbours and the options are nearly infinite when you have money.

How can that be Englishoak? I mean he is a despised desperate fugitive from justice, every mans hand is against him, hunted and on the run everywhere - except for Dubai, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Burma, UK, and just about all of Thailand north and northeast of Ayutthaya! I may have missed out a few dozen countries on that list. But fear not, Interpol will nab him soon!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't have proof of course but its just logic, consider how easy it is to cross into Thailand from four different countries without setting foot at a checkpoint, consider he has a passport and that immigration would not necessarily even stop him entering, who they going to inform if he did the government ? a few baht to a known ally on immigration no problem.

Its not like hes Thailand's most wanted man to the majority its a bare 2 year sentence hes avoiding and his sister is after all the current PM, the contacts he has with police and specifically border control police is well known.

option 2 you think people have to come through Suvarnabhumi ? This country dosnt have airspace patrols as far as i know, it would be a simple helicopter ride to one of thousands of places no problem. people in their thousands cross over and back every day without so much as a stamp. Just how hard would you think such a person as T with his contacts in neighbouring countries let alone Thailand and his wealth with a family in the position they currently are, with all the minor airstrips let alone other options would find it.?

His main problem would be his face being easily recognised but in a land where everyone is up for a anything for a few thousand baht and blacked out windows are common hed find popping in or out of Thailand without fuss or detection whenever he wanted if he so wished pretty simple.

I suspect hes been in and out a number of times since 06, its not like Thailands airspace has fighter patrols on constant alert with its neighbours and the options are nearly infinite when you have money.

No proof, just logic?

I feel that some are writing this type of logic in order to make it seem less strange when it actually would happen. Of course when the date of the great arrival is known, the police will have no problem arresting the bail-jumping fugitive on the spot in order to put him in jail to serve his two years, now would they rolleyes.gif

I love how a democratic anti-government protest gets slandered to make it look like a 'mob' rather than a democratic moverment. Just to justify it's prosecution I guess.

BTW 11:56AM did Tarit/DSI already make the list of sponsors known?

"a democratic anti-government protest gets slandered to make it look like a 'mob' rather than a democratic moverment"

Yeah, right. You are joking , aren't you?

"The deepening crisis took a turn for the worse Thursday after protesters tried to overrun a Bangkok sports stadium where election candidates were gathering to draw lots for their positions on ballots. Masked protesters fired rocks from slingshots as they tried to break into the building to halt the process, while police fired tear gas and rubber bullets.

Two people, including a police officer, were shot dead. Four election commissioners left the stadium by helicopter to escape the violence, some of the sharpest since a long-running dispute between Thailand’s bitterly divided political factions intensified"

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/12/27/thai_army_chief_urges_calm_hints_at_possible_coup.html

11.jpg

Seeing the size of this mob I finally understand why the government needed to declare an Emergency and turned to an Emergence Decree.

BTW since you're really good at finding this article, do you also have one which tell more about the two dead and who fired the deadly shots?

You never have any proof for the constant stream of crap you make up.

MODS : Can we start a new rule that any 'accusations' made must be backed up by at least a link to a news article to substantiate the claim ? Then we can all be spared the streams of hyperbolic nonsense....