Abhisit sets conditions for contesting election

webfact

To be honest the reform that the PTP is thinking of and what the others are thinking are two different things, the level of corruption at high levels in the administration dictates that the only way forward for the PTP is bulldozing through their own brand of reforms and therein lies the problem , unless everyone is on the same page , in- fighting and protests will continue.

When did the PTP bulldozing through their own brand of reforms???

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As in this quote....."Four wishes of the people"?....Since when are these electoral minority coup-mongers and their shadowy supporters "The people"?........The people spoke on Feb. 2nd. and he is so afraid of what they said. He wants to 'deep-six' their opinion.

The people (most of them) voted already.

43 million (roughly) of the population were eligible to vote, yet only 20 million (roughly) did so out of a population of 70 million or so. That's less than 30% of the entire population. And (let's say) PT got around 50% of that vote, it means PT are only approved by around 15% of the population.

Is my maths correct? Did "the people" really vote for PT this time around?

How many votes did the Democrats get....oops.

ahh, the turd in the lotus blossom bowl is baaaaack with a "plan".

Abhisit must be Witness 1 for why the military won't make another coup, after Abhisit, their last installation of PM after a coup, the thought of another must have them wretching.

Small wonder the former Democrat party can't win an election. Would love to see the Yingluck government issue their suggestions for dissolving the Democrats and a guide for a potentially winning strategy in a new, reformed party. They're so pathetic there's no chance they'd accept the good ideas.

Yuk, yuk, signed, Yingluck.

I honestly do not understand why this situation is so complicated.

The incumbent government bribed people to vote for them and they are calling their victory democratic???

That is bullshit.

What is so dam_n hard to understand? Can someone explain it to me???

I'll try to explain to you the nature of pre-election campaigning in Thailand.

All the parties bribe people to vote for them.

• Like 1

Firstly, who is Abhisit to say anything.

He and his Democrat Party deliberately boycotted the election process and have been seen supporting the PDRC who have shut down elections in some places.

He and the Democrat Party now have no right to demand anything.

But as you can see on the streets, there are hardly any protestors left. Sometimes just 1 or 2 people at a protest site. They are rapidly losing momentum and everyone is getting fed up of them. They are trying hard to spin in the media the farmers are joining them, however you only see a few hundred farmers and even then the farmers say they only want their money, nothing political.

So yes, I fully expect the Democrat Party and Abhisit to now start to quickly push and push for negotiation and a new election as the PDRC are running out of steam and everyone is bored of them.

But of course, at this moment in time is PTP's weakest point, in another month or two when the farmers are sorted out then they will be much stronger again, so yes, the Democrats will now rush to the table to negotiate - however PTP will simply carry on with asking the EC to do their job and run the byelections to get 95% quorom

So in a simplistic manner :

Now is the best time for the Democrat Party (DP) to negotiate and have an election.

Now is the worst time for PTP to have a new election.

If PTP negotiates and agrees to a new election DP will have won.

If PTP allows the protests to carry on and demands the EC to do their job - things will get better for PTP as more farmers are paid and more people hate the protestors.

If PTP forces the EC to do their job and there is a Judicial Coup, then PTP will gain massively as they can once again claim the courts are on the Democrat Party/Elites side.

If PTP forces the EC to do their job and there is a Military Coup, then PTP will gain massively as they can once again claim the Military are on the Democrat Party/Elites side.

So I can see the situation is stalemate as PTP will want to complete the Feb 2nd elections and the Democrat Party/PDRC must do everything they can to stop it - BUT - the only way out for the Democrats without giving massive support to PTP as everyone will hate a judicial or military coup - is to get PTP to willingly hold a new election. But PTP would be mad to do that, they want to finish Feb 2nd election or force the EC/CC to pull off a judicial coup and annul it - which will anger about 75% of the population and kill the Democrat Party and be beneficial to PTP, while at the same time invoking the wrath of the world and the international media against the PDRC/DP/Elites for yet another staged and manipulated judicial coup to usurp Democracy and Elections. Also at that time PTP will likely complain to the UN and draw the worlds focus on to the Thai Constitution and any verdict of the CC if its biased.

So I expect the anti government media to be full on with how PTP should negotiate and hold new elections against the Democrats.....................and I expect lots of hate in the anti-government media because PTP will simply say Feb 2nd elections must be completed - sorry - complete Feb 2nd elections then reform. It was the Democrats decision to boycott it and now they must be punished for the selfish, arrogant stupidity.

All in my opinion of course.

Nailed it !!! Great analysis, not a shred of hate, sarcasm, or bias.

• Like 1

"If the PM wants to safeguard democracy as she had said, she must accept the four wishes of the people," Abhisit said."

Same old, same old from someone frothing at the mouth about wanting to be PM. but rejected at every turn...A one-trick pony Elitist, thinking he doesn't need to reform himself or his party, so the electorate must.

As in this quote....."Four wishes of the people"?....Since when are these electoral minority coup-mongers and their shadowy supporters "The people"?........The people spoke on Feb. 2nd. and he is so afraid of what they said. He wants to 'deep-six' their opinion.

Follow the bouncing ball of all this coup-intentioned noise - anti-amnesty stuff...then... anti-Thaksin opionating...then... anti-electoral activism...then...reform before election.... now.... nullify, the election......What next? ....At least they are consistent in one thing....The underpinning of it all. Coup-intentionism by those who cannot be elected by "The People"

The most pitiful thing however is all this self-righteous, holier-than-thou bleating about 'reform'....If their intentions were honorable, they would take their opinionating about this to Parliament....But they know they will always be the minority there, as long as they don't conform themselves to the wishes of "The people"....Their entitlement arrogance doesn't allow them to do that...In their 'humble' opinion, "The people" need to 'conform' themselves to their enlightened Political insights.....

Next time I will tell you what I really thinkwai.gif

If you take the time to read the news you will see that there have been a number of polls conducted that Abhisit is referring to - these represent the people, albeit a small cross section.

Instead every post of your reds the same - frothing, elitist, coup mongers, shadowy, coup-intentionism (twice), self-righteous, holier-than-thou - it's all very repetitive and very, very boring

Your understnding of the written word is also severely flawed:

coup-intentioned (read what Abhisit said again)

anti-electoral (read what Abhisit said again)

reform before election (read what Abhisit said again)

Please feel free to add value to the forum - but don't keep ranting on here some some deranged preacher using the same words in every post and failing to keep up with the news and even worse, failing to comprehend it.

If you take the time to read the news including this news report of The Nation, you will see that what AV said was - the results of PROTESTERS

"The proposals are derived from the results of a recent survey of protesters that was conducted in an attempt to find ways the warring parties can find a common ground."

IMO, they were valid reasons Fryslan boppe mentioned. You were so afraid of these being highlighted.

coup-intentioned, anti-electoral, reform before election - What had AV said on these? His action, attitude and non action has a lot to say about these.

Please feel free to add value to the forun - but don't put words in people's mouth.

If you wish to take this particular new article then Abhisit said "implementing national reform, no coups, stop proceeding with the February 2 election and a neutral body must manage national reform and there must be a fresh national election."

So in whose logic does "no coups" equal "coup intentioned"?

How does "fresh national elections" equal "anti-electoral"?

And how can "national reform" equal "reform before election"?

only in a world where you understand what you want to understand rather that what has really be said or written.

I'm putting words in peoples' mouths? I don't think so

• Like 1

I think that number is pretty high considering the amount of intimidation, the 'protesters' were seen at early vetoing grabbing people by the necks, whistling at people, and generally creating chaos, they shut down some of the voting locations denying many people the right to vote. People want to vote but they have kids and grandparents and they're not going to risk being beatup or shot to exercise their right to vote. The military was supposed to protect the election better and they failed to do that.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, we all know the PT will win the election and the democrats are boycotting so alot of their voters didn't show up or voted no, that's their problem, another 20(appox) parties did contest the election so this country does not need the fascist spoiled brat party. Abhisit and the other elitists garbage can goto hell.

43 million (roughly) of the population were eligible to vote, yet only 20 million (roughly) did so out of a population of 70 million or so. That's less than 30% of the entire population. And (let's say) PT got around 50% of that vote, it means PT are only approved by around 15% of the population.

Can you share how the toddles vote if you are not talking about 43 million eligible voters but a population of 70 million. May be the toddlers will be happy blowing whistle like their pacifiers.

You're obviously missing my point. PT continually claim the mandate of "the majority" of "the people" ... not just eligible voters.

Even if we did take it on "eligible voters" alone, they still don't have the support of "the majority".

Please specify national reform.

Korn was supposed to be taking time off from party management to implement reform proposals, where are they and what are they ?

It is difficult for Korn to take time off from his amassing of billions of baht, to focus on this. He is quietly building a massive fortune, and it is very distracting. He has better things to do than help build the nation.

Khun Korn giving an interview to Khun Noppatjak of the Nation while on a study trip to Nakorn Sawan province to talk to rice farmers about their plight. This was 3 days ago.

As you were saying?

I live in the rice belt in Central Thailand in a (90%) rice farming village the local Red shirt leader lives (2) houses away, no one here is aware of Khun Korn visit, is he working under cover?

As I live 55 Kilometers outside of the province capital of Nakhon Sawan, news travels fast in the area by word of mouth!

No local rice farmer has heard of him talking to rice farmers in the province, could you be more specific of where he talked. looks like the river in Nakhon Sawan behind him in the picture!

Cheers

Cheers

• Like 1

"If the PM wants to safeguard democracy as she had said, she must accept the four wishes of the people," Abhisit said."

Same old, same old from someone frothing at the mouth about wanting to be PM. but rejected at every turn...A one-trick pony Elitist, thinking he doesn't need to reform himself or his party, so the electorate must.

Follow the bouncing ball of all this coup-intentioned noise - anti-amnesty stuff...then... anti-Thaksin opionating...then... anti-electoral activism...then...reform before election.... now.... nullify, the election......What next? ....At least they are consistent in one thing....The underpinning of it all. Coup-intentionism by those who cannot be elected by "The People"

The most pitiful thing however is all this self-righteous, holier-than-thou bleating about 'reform'....If their intentions were honorable, they would take their opinionating about this to Parliament....But they know they will always be the minority there, as long as they don't conform themselves to the wishes of "The people"....Their entitlement arrogance doesn't allow them to do that...In their 'humble' opinion, "The people" need to 'conform' themselves to their enlightened Political insights.....

Say what you want about Abisit but he has more integrity in his little finger than the cowardly girly fugitive hiding in Dubai has in her whole body. He could also run the country better single handed than the whole of PT can. They have no clue how to run a country, they only blindly obey orders from their puppet master. At least Abissithas a brain and he understands economics and fiscal responsibility. A country under his leadership is better than under any Taksin or his cronies leadership.

It would be great if Abhisit and Suthep could finally define reform. The word has such a broad meaning its impossible to know what he means.

...and they desperately need to define 'the people' which is another term that has a broad meaning depending on who is using it. I'd define 'the people' as pawns on the political chess board.

To be honest the reform that the PTP is thinking of and what the others are thinking are two different things, the level of corruption at high levels in the administration dictates that the only way forward for the PTP is bulldozing through their own brand of reforms and therein lies the problem , unless everyone is on the same page , in- fighting and protests will continue.

Amnesty Bill.

• Like 2

Where are you going to get a neutral body? Even if you *could* find an outstanding panel of people widely trusted across the political divide, the professional rabble rousers (insert your own favourites here) will tear it down regardless in order to protect their own position of influence. Some people seriously need to be dragged before the courts and have their cases heard and/or - god help us - sentences IMPLEMENTED before this has a hope in hell of succeeding.

• Like 1

How many votes did the Democrats get....oops.

Your fuzzy math is not correct, you misrepresent the actually numbers, Using EC figures: official Turnout was 47.7%, roughly 20 million voted, historically 10 million registered voters are habitual non voters, that leaves roughly 11.5 million that failed to show ( the majority of that number boycotted the election), but many were blocked from voting, by PDRC or their polling place closed by the EC, roughly again, 2 million!

The Democrats can't claim any votes! The Suthep people actively campaigned on a complete shut down of the election, 20 million Thai voters turned out to vote and back the Thai democracy, Suthep's protesters can only claim the roughly 9 million that did not vote.

20 million voted, 10 million habitual nonvoters, roughly 2 million that wanted to vote but could not due to protester blocking the polls and polls closed by the EC., leaves only 9-10 million that did not vote.

So the protesters only showed as a "minority" of about 25% of the Thai population!

POINT OF INFORMATION: the Democrat party received 35.15% of the votes in the 2011 election their boycott shows that for what ever reason over 10% of those voters failed to back the Democrats boycott!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

It is because of the level of cynicism and critical nature of humans that we don't and will never get along.

And this is only a sample at TV.

Imagine the red shirts, yellow shirts, no shirts (mr underwear), PTP, Democrats trying to get along. Impossible if not?

Everybody thinks the other is up to no good.

Will we ever find common ground or do we have to ground the other side into smithereens before we're satisfied?

I hope Abhisit is sincere in trying to find common ground.

Both sides will have to make compromises if any progress is to be had and neither side has the upper hand. They only think they do because they are holding different groups of people hostage.

Looks like I've caught the cynicism bug myself..... shame.

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 1

Does Abhisit have permission to speak without a note from Suthep? Who cares what Abhisit says about anything? He said he was going to exercise his constitutional right to vote, then didn't. I'd like to hear from Suthep what HE proposes as he is the one who makes decisions for the Democrat party.

Abhisit and Suthep need to clearly state publicly that no Thai gets expelled or purged from Thailand.

And any Thai with charges or convictions for corruption should have their passports revoked.

• Like 1

Where are you going to get the neutral body from? Japan, Australia? Cause that's what you're going to have to do..... You all ready for it? It is abundantly clear that Thais cannot do this themselves. You need to forget about face and ask for help Thailand.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

sooooooooooooooooo true, but will never happen

Yay, Calgary back with his coup this and coup that. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Amnesty Bill.

Amnesty bill a reform bill?

BTW, with the behind the scene negotiated blanket amnesty bill gone, can we see the trials of PAD leaders without postponing again? Can we have trial on RS/UDD who are still in prisons without trial. Can we see the arrest and charging of coup makers, supporters and financiers?

Edited by icommunity
  • Like 1

I honestly do not understand why this situation is so complicated.

The incumbent government bribed people to vote for them and they are calling their victory democratic???

That is bullshit.

What is so dam_n hard to understand? Can someone explain it to me???

Of course you have the documentation to back up your rant? National poll watchers affirmed that vote buying had little or no affect in the 2011 Thai election! (look it up,)

What is so dam_ hard to understand?

Of course you can't document, and you rather close your eye and repeat the same B/S!

Cheers

• Like 2

Twatty rant of the day award. Well done.

Amnesty Bill.

Amnesty bill a reform bill?

Yes, PTP brand of reform.

Can you share how the toddles vote if you are not talking about 43 million eligible voters but a population of 70 million. May be the toddlers will be happy blowing whistle like their pacifiers.

You're obviously missing my point. PT continually claim the mandate of "the majority" of "the people" ... not just eligible voters.

Even if we did take it on "eligible voters" alone, they still don't have the support of "the majority".

I believe that you missed the point in a democratic society the "Will of the Majority" is meant the majority of eligible voters that voted in an election, PTP fielded 48.41% of the votes and their coalition partners made up the 3% of the voters to claim a majority in the house, But their 48.41% in the election was the will of the majority of voters in that election!

Cheers

how can Abhisit set conditions for this election with his puppet master Suthep still out there. Suthep will not back down one inch when it comes to Yinglak still on the ticket. How can he run as he refused to vote in the this election. I guess he wants a "get out of jail free" card issued or a due over, oops my bad.

I imagine that with his growing list of failures and malfeasance that Khun Abhisit is in no position to set conditions on any issue, Even his buddy Suthep has effectively terminated Khun Abhist's credibility forever.

Please specify national reform.

Korn was supposed to be taking time off from party management to implement reform proposals, where are they and what are they ?

It is difficult for Korn to take time off from his amassing of billions of baht, to focus on this. He is quietly building a massive fortune, and it is very distracting. He has better things to do than help build the nation.

Khun Korn giving an interview to Khun Noppatjak of the Nation while on a study trip to Nakorn Sawan province to talk to rice farmers about their plight. This was 3 days ago.

As you were saying?

I live in the rice belt in Central Thailand in a (90%) rice farming village the local Red shirt leader lives (2) houses away, no one here is aware of Khun Korn visit, is he working under cover?

As I live 55 Kilometers outside of the province capital of Nakhon Sawan, news travels fast in the area by word of mouth!

No local rice farmer has heard of him talking to rice farmers in the province, could you be more specific of where he talked. looks like the river in Nakhon Sawan behind him in the picture!

Cheers

Cheers

Don't think he is working undercover? I don't know why you would ask that either?

The photo was at Paknampo

Below is a photo of him with the banner behind him showing date and location.

Apparently news doesn't travel that fast or more likely it highlights the UDD strangle hold on information flow to the population in the UDD belt ensuring they are only fed UDD propaganda while demonizing the opposition and making the uneducated believe "Korn has better things to do than help build the nation" as mike007 stated.

I appreciate you giving me a better understanding of UDD propaganda in your area and the tactics applied by the UDD by withholding information that paints the "evil" opposition in a good light. It makes the UDD leaders job that much easier to propagate their rhetoric to the masses.

Cheers

post-140765-0-93504900-1392094828_thumb.