Suvarnabhumi Airport to get new terminal in 2017

webfact

Suvarnabhumi airport to get new terminal in 2017
By Digital Content

13920836804454.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 11 – The Airports of Thailand (AoT) plans to go ahead with the expansion of Suvarnabhumi Airport so it can take 60 million more passengers when completed in 2017, according to its president Makin Petplai.

He said AoT has contracted with the Metropolitan Water Works Authority to prepare facilities for the passenger terminal under its second phase expansion plan, which will cost Bt62 billion.

AoT will issue the terms of agreement in April for construction of the terminal and other facilities including a concourse, 28 aprons, a southern tunnel and an electric rail system.

The new terminal on the East will cover 60,000 square metres. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-11

Lets just hope this political turmoil doesnt continue or restart by 2017. Otherwise it will be in bankruptcy courts in 2018. Kind of makes you wonder whos palms are being greased to start a big project like this during this countries current status being blacklisted by so many countries.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by thesetat2013

Wow, a real testament to Thaksin who not only opened the airport in the first place but was right about it becoming a hub.

I remember how all the haters sccoffed at the airport and made false accusastions about the runway etc.

So nice to see it doing well and those unlucky enough to fly from Don Muang military base and golf course smile.png can see the difference in attitudes and approach between the 2 sides.

Well done swampy... An Airport to be proud of.

The piss poor interior and raw exposed pipes etc. despite original plans lay in the proof of this project being for graft.

Hopefully by 2017 the whole family will be face down among the maggots and Thailand will begin to emerge and develop as it should.

I know you believe nothing of what you say, and you're on here to wind people up. Why not hit the massage parlors or at least some sexy websites if you can't get laid, if you're into the local scene & tired of making enemies in forums. Would be more fun than pretending to be a non-thai non-farmer scoundrel supporter who will reap 0 benefits.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 2

Yes it includes skim, all budgets in Thailand include an automatic skim of 30%, otherwise they would not get approved. Duh!

The original swampy wasn't. Squareface got most of his winnings finishing it off, Security equipment, Baggage handling, etc.

These boys don't stop work just because the project is approved!

biggrin.png

Where is the funding, and the accountability trail. Or is this another opaque project designed to make politicians and government officials more rich than they are already?

Maybe the country will be rolling in it when all the governments " can't give details yet " rice contracts are realised. giggle.gif

Unfortunately whenever there is money for or from anything it's ' Gone in 60 Seconds '.

Wow, a real testament to Thaksin who not only opened the airport in the first place but was right about it becoming a hub.

I remember how all the haters sccoffed at the airport and made false accusastions about the runway etc.

So nice to see it doing well and those unlucky enough to fly from Don Muang military base and golf course smile.png can see the difference in attitudes and approach between the 2 sides.

Are you a total airhead or what?

The country does not have that money.

The extra 60 million capacity is not needed.

Yet again another massive spending to generate loads of 'cash gifts' from certain contract bidders, and an opportunity to siphon off billions before the whole thing is shelved.

I can't believe Thaksin is still continuing to thieve at every angle.

You must be a complete idiot to spin this into what you have.

Be honest Pipkins..... are you a paid member of Thaksin's staff. Because that sort of <deleted> I could only expect from exactly that.

• Like 1

Where is the funding, and the accountability trail. Or is this another opaque project designed to make politicians and government officials more rich than they are already?

I shouldn't worry. This is just a dream.

The caretaker are not able to announce such things. They have no power to allocate funding and at 62 Billion would require parliamentary involvement which can't happen till there is a parliament.

These elections won't complete because we all now know it is impossible and the caretaker government (for the next 7 weeks or less) will not want these completed.

Once new elections are held, the Dems will walk it..... absolutely walk it. The we will be in a situation where huge spendings like this won't happen until all reforms are in place.

So in summary....... it's just the usual <deleted>.

As much as it needs expanding, it did when it was opened, this is still a mega-project graft magnet,

and that is right up Thaksin cronies path of least resistance, sadly they can't give the go ahead for this

graft extravaganza when they are NOT the dually elected government.

Enough graft in down payment guarantees from potential bidders to make the rice mafia go eerily quiet...

Pony up now boys, and we will be back in and YOU will get the contracts.

Edited by animatic

............................Be honest Pipkins..... are you a paid member of Thaksin's staff. Because that sort of <deleted> I could only expect from exactly that................ (MightyAtom)

Pipkins is either banned from before, just arrived in Thailand or just a troll. Has been a member for not even a month now. My money's on the second one.

--------------

You are an A--hole, obviously.

It's not the place here to detail the long and sorry history of that airport since it was first conceived as a 'possible" new airport as a replacement for Don Mueng back in .... (wait for it ...... 1977).

The true story of the delays, over costs, corruption, and so on until that airport was finally completed over 10 years later would fill a book.

As for the 'accusations" about the runway .... it's not a pretty story.... massive corruption and overcharging for shoddy results and emergency "repairs".

But apparently you weren't here, not paying attention, or are just to stupid to know or see the truth.

Oh well, that's not the topic here.

Just go on, living in your cloud cuckoo land, thinking everything is okay.

Fool.

• Like 1

indeed a tropical airport..........why is it always so hot in there ? Toilets ??

Tropical heat? Ever heard of Queue Gardens in London. Lots of beautiful tropical plants.

No queue for the toilets last time I was at Kew!

• Like 1

--------------

You are an A--hole, obviously.

It's not the place here to detail the long and sorry history of that airport since it was first conceived as a 'possible" new airport as a replacement for Don Mueng back in .... (wait for it ...... 1977).

The true story of the delays, over costs, corruption, and so on until that airport was finally completed over 10 years later would fill a book.

As for the 'accusations" about the runway .... it's not a pretty story.... massive corruption and overcharging for shoddy results and emergency "repairs".

But apparently you weren't here, not paying attention, or are just to stupid to know or see the truth.

Fool.

How polite we are on TV!

Swampy is a dump and embarrassment of a King Power shopping center with an airport attached so I wouldn't be bragging too much about it. It has been plagued with shoddy construction, uncomfortable and inadequate passenger facilities (because of King Power corruptly taking up more space than their lease allowed), and horrendous passport controls from the day it opened. However, it is what it is and being sited in Bangkok was bound to do well no matter how poor a facility it was. It's there and we travelers have to use it.

I fly all over the world and have experienced many airports ... and I find Suvarnabhumi to be much more than adequate. You must like to complain.

• Like 1

Fool.

Regarding your "You are an A--hole, obviously." "Obviously" you're extremely rude and ill mannered. You should try learning how to disagree with someone and still maintain your dignity. Also, perhaps some anger management counseling might help.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1