Thai farmers to check rice stockpiles in all government warehouses today, Feb 11

webfact

If the thus far quiet Isaan crowd join the fray, that'll be the end of it.

The Reds are very deeply embedded up there though, and every single improvement to infrastructure etc they have seen has been accredited to Thaksin and PTP. Although I am not saying this is entirely untrue, it has been grossly exaggerated, and the money has come from hardworking taxpayers such as myself, not Thaksin himself.

I think the Isaan farmers have been paid first as the PTP know what would happen if they didn't get their money.

Crafty strategy, keeping the cannon fodder of Isaan and Chiang Mai on side while the rest of the country erupts in protest.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SKINT wrote

Best option is to take back the rice and sell it for the normal price which is 1 or 2 baht a kg less than what the government offered.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Actually they should set up a co-operative and sell the rice directly to the people, with the money earned going to the farmers of that province, where it is sold. In no time will even the reddest provinces follow suit. And this will teach teh farmers, what you can do, if you stick together for your own good...

Centrum wrote:

If the thus far quiet Isaan crowd join the fray, that'll be the end of it.

The Reds are very deeply embedded up there though, and every single improvement to infrastructure etc they have seen has been accredited to Thaksin and PTP. Although I am not saying this is entirely untrue, it has been grossly exaggerated, and the money has come from hardworking taxpayers such as myself, not Thaksin himself.

I think the Isaan farmers have been paid first as the PTP know what would happen if they didn't get their money.

Crafty strategy, keeping the cannon fodder of Isaan and Chiang Mai on side while the rest of the country erupts in protest.

Even if the Isaan farmer get money before others, it is in no way enough to pay them off all together. I would guess, that half of the due money is for Isaan farmers, which would be about 85 billion Baht, which the government doesn't have. They just managed to find 1% of that. And guess what's going to happen, if some get paid and others not. That's unpaid farmers against red-shirt farmers...

Edited by SamMunich

I believe some farmers will wake up to the reality of the situation. I also believe a large percentage will not, they are too swept over by the shins. There are many many fanatical reds that will never see the trees thru the Forrest. It really is a shame that a country can be taken over by such ruthless crooks. It has happened and is happening many times over in this world. Is it lack of education?Greed? I really don't know. Why can't people see the truth when it so obvious they are being used? It is a human fault that people can be so easily manipulated, weak minds.

Are you talking about the Thai people ?

Or many of the members of Thai Visa ?

...good luck...duped into voting for this government...duped into accepting this 'scheme'....do that really think they will get to the bottom of anything....

...except the living standard....

.....as they traded their only livelihood for.....excuse after excuse......

Strangely this topic is void of our regular TV red shirts community.

I was hoping for some enlightening views on how the government should help the farmers.

Or are these farmers not worth helping because they're not from the Northeast?

Edited by smileydude

Sigh nice claim but totally impossible. coffee1.gif

OK a few questions.

1 how will they know how many warehouses there are and where ?

2 how will they know how many tonnes each should have had compared to what it does have ?

3 how will they know what rice is where and what has been moved or sold ?

4 Are all the rice storage facilities able to provide an inventory ?

5 how are they going to tally up figures at these warehouses ? count by hand ?

6 what % are going to be checked 5% 15% 50% 100% and what have been with proof ?

7 who is going to coordinate this into readable or reliable figures ?

8 are these farmers aware of what goes into a proper audit and how long it will take ?

9 Is this just another claim that will never be followed up properly ?

10 What makes people think farmers can check all stock in the country and come up with anything more than a load more confusing half truths and claims than real provable answers ?

Edited by englishoak

OK a few questions.

2 how will they know how many tonnes each should have had compared to what it does have ?

6 what % are going to be checked 5% 15% 50% 100% and what have been with proof ?

8 are these farmers aware of what goes into a proper audit and how long it will take ?

10 What makes people think farmers can check all stock in the country and come up with anything more than a load more confusing half truths and claims than real provable answers ?

1) they live there!

2) no idea. but at least they can check it for damage etc.

3) They will not, see 2.

4) God, you would bloody well hope they have an inventory otherwise these scam/scheme is worse than ANY ever imagined!

5) NO, Seemingly they count the outer then the columns etc but again sometimes they leave a gap in the middle.

6) Dunno. but there are a lot of farmers.

7) YOU!

8) offcourse not, i'm not even sure the government agencies know!

9) probably.. but time will tell.

10) nothing, but it will be amusing to see some of the results and pictures.

there seems to be a huge difference between the government warehouses and the private one's (some private good, some not)

the brown bags with stripes are government.

post-195835-0-22769500-1392143527_thumb.post-195835-0-70397300-1392143612_thumb.post-195835-0-91049500-1392143620_thumb.

• Like 1

hehe there you go then, its a nice ideal, id like to know whats gone and whats not etc as well but in all honesty its just another circus act knee jerk reaction with no real workable plan.

Shame really because there should be a body or dept that exists and is responsible for this exact thing. rolleyes.gif

OK a few questions.

You forgot the quality of the rice.

They will have to open every bag and check the quality, too.

OK a few questions.

SO Shannon are you for or against checking the warehouses?

OK a few questions.

I'm not against checking warehouses.

But I am wondering who will do the checking, who are those people ..and who will guarantee that no rice will go missing when these people enter the warehouses. Who will supervise them?

OK a few questions.

But I am wondering who will do the checking, who are those people ..and who will guarantee that no rice will go missing when these people enter the warehouses. Who will supervise them?

The Thai Police of course.. they will supervise. although i'm not sure a bag or two would matter with about 18 million tons laying about, do you?

The Thai Police of course.. they will supervise. although i'm not sure a bag or two would matter with about 18 million tons laying about, do you?

Well then, by all means ...go ahead. wai2.gif

But then again, that is not for you and me to decide. And neither the farmers, nor the government, nor Abhisit or Suthep even care about your or my opinion.

Edited by ShannonT

But then again, that is not for you and me to decide. And neither the farmers, nor the government, nor Abhisit or Suthep even care about your or my opinion.

True enough. I don't think the government care about any opinion other than their own. Otherwise they wouldn't have gotten them selves into this mess!

True enough. I don't think the government care about any opinion other than their own. Otherwise they wouldn't have gotten them selves into this mess!

You think Suthep cares about the rice farmers? He's just using them for his goals.

In one speech, Suthep said that he does not want the government to borrow money in order to pay the farmers.

In the next speech, Suthep said that when he ousts the government and his people's council is ruling Thailand, he will borrow money to ensure that all farmers are paid the money they are owed.

So basically, he says the government can't borrow money because borrowing is bad, but if you help me kick out the government I will ensure that money is borrowed to pay you back.

Yet during the whole time, he claims that he will hold no official office or tell the people's council what to do.

His lies just don't add up anymore.

Go look it up, I'm not joking.

You think Suthep cares about the rice farmers? He's just using them for his goals.

In one speech, Suthep said that he does not want the government to borrow money in order to pay the farmers.

In the next speech, Suthep said that when he ousts the government and his people's council is ruling Thailand, he will borrow money to ensure that all farmers are paid the money they are owed.

So basically, he says the government can't borrow money because borrowing is bad, but if you help me kick out the government I will ensure that money is borrowed to pay you back.

Yet during the whole time, he claims that he will hold no official office or tell the people's council what to do.

But you forgot to say, while the Shin clan is sitting on billions, they are doing nothing

While Suthep but his words into action and has already raised 20 million for them

The Thai Grapevine is the most efficent communication in Thailand

and already my Thai wife is getting reports of missing rice in many whare houses

But go ahead support the corrupt government

The Thai people problems have no thoughts in your mind

• Like 2

But you forgot to say, while the Shin clan is sitting on billions, they are doing nothing

While Suthep but his words into action and has already raised 20 million for them

and already my Thai wife is getting reports of missing rice in many whare houses

There are more people in Thailand sitting on billions doing nothing than just the Shinawatras.

And the Thai government has paid billions already, compared to Sutheps 20 million, which less than 20 Baht per farmer.

There are more people in Thailand sitting on billions doing nothing than just the Shinawatras.

And the Thai government has paid billions already, compared to Sutheps 20 million, which less than 20 Baht per farmer.

But then it's one of the Thai governments job's to pay the farmers ... Suthep is just raising money for them like any caring citizens would :P

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

seajae, on 11 Feb 2014 - 11:38, said:

now this will be very intersting, how much rice is there actually stored and how much of it is rotten. This could really be a big problem for the ptp as it will give people the real figures not the ones made up by the ptp. YL is also looking very bad as they are totally against her as well, she said she would do what the people wanted her to, looks like that is to resign as she only has the reds backing her now. The ptp are well and truly f**ked, lets hope this is the last nail in the coffin.

A friend of mine has a government contract, to fumigated rice storage bins in areas of Isaan, he was telling me the government tells him what chemicals to use and how much to use, he told them they need to "turn over" the stockpile to allow penetration, which they wouldn't do. He tells me that in many sheds the rice level has dropped by 30%, either from rotting or rodent/insect infestation.

Respect to the Thai farmers here.

How often do you see the people actively investigating fraud by the government like this? Talk about chasing the witch...! clap2.gif

I just hope they manage to document some of the rice holdings before any more warehouses accidentally burn down.

Edited by Crushdepth
  • Like 1