Experience today at LTO

willyumcr

OK, my experience getting my 5 year (Car and MB ) after having a 1-year temp license. I got there about 0830. Downstairs where you get your number to go upstairs was packed. My number was 143 and they were only on 106. After about 1 ½ hours finally got upstairs where they checked documents. The “application for license” which I downloaded from the Internet was no good. She gave me two forms at the desk and I just signed them with phone number. Did the eye test (color, depth) and brake. After that went and paid (940 baht for both, 5-years). Awhile later they called me up for photo and about 10 minutes later was finished. Total time around 3 hours. License expires on my birthday 2019 which is in October so actually got 5 years and 8 months. I didn't notice until I got home that the issue date is 2/16/20014. Today was only the 11th. I am assuming the new license starts when the old one expires which is 2/15/2014. They did give me back my old licenses with two holes punched in to it. So.....Guess I will keep old and new until 2/16.

I really think if I had to do over I would go in the afternoon as everyone seems to want to go when it opens in the morning. Also as another guy I talked to said it better to not even bring an application as they just do it for you upstairs as what happened to me. One more thing the guy I talked with (Canadian) also had a 1 year license same as me but being as he only had a tourist visa, they just gave him another 1 year where as I have the non-o I got the 5 year license.

OK, hopes this helps someone.

• Like 1