Yingluck says government can pay farmers, not broke

webfact

Somebody thought:

Anyone know just what the 'central fund' is ?

-------------------------------------------------------

Believe its based in Dubai

-------------------------------------------------------

Guaranteed not in Dubai. Taksin's pocket know only one way the money flows: Inbound, NEVER outbound! That is concessionaire's basics. Hell, he's isn't even an 'entrepreneur', so he knows only how to grease and how to cash in, nothing else!

Central fund is most likely a slush fund for big scale corruption projects...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure you can pay them but when? Next month? Next year? Next decade? When Hell freezes over?

Be when the courts stop blocking the payments and Suthep mob (50 left today) stop terrorising the banks into now paying.

You guys really need to get out into the real world of media.

How's Wonderland ? Did you have tea with Alice ?? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Governments everywhere borrow all the time.

It's SOP.

So when Yoon does a fluff PR piece in his propaganda broadsheet puffing up a banker who is intent on trying to choke the government, it's clear the squeeze is on.

The government will pay the farmers. Everyone here knows that closing out a big loan is an involved process that takes some time, especially under the present adverse conditions and due to the political divide that plagues the country.

A caretaker government may not take financial burdens which a new government would have to honour.

Now if only the caretaker government had put the financials of the rice price pledging scheme in the National Budget they would have no problems paying. The decision to keep all outside of the NB probably had to do with avoiding parliamentary scrutiny and maybe was the Yingluck government's way of keeping an eye on corruption.

• Like 2

why she need a loan?

isnt she suppose to sell rice to pay farmers?

why cant she sell the rice?

Why not just return the rice to the farmers?

Judging by the sack that was opened in parliament. They would not want it.

• Like 2

why she need a loan?

Difficult. In most cases farmers deliver paddy and the millers will process it to end up with rice.

Of course with the thorough documentation this government keeps it is possible to deduce

- amount of paddy delivered

- amount of money paid/promised

- paddy to rice losses due to moisture, etc. (already replected in price promised)

- amount of rice as end result

So, where are the books?

Sure you can pay them but when? Next month? Next year? Next decade? When Hell freezes over?

Be when the courts stop blocking the payments and Suthep mob (50 left today) stop terrorising the banks into now paying.

It's SOP.

So when Yoon does a fluff PR piece in his propaganda broadsheet puffing up a banker who is intent on trying to choke the government, it's clear the squeeze is on.

The government will pay the farmers. Everyone here knows that closing out a big loan is an involved process that takes some time, especially under the present adverse conditions and due to the political divide that plagues the country.

A caretaker government may not take financial burdens which a new government would have to honour.

Now if only the caretaker government had put the financials of the rice price pledging scheme in the National Budget they would have no problems paying. The decision to keep all outside of the NB probably had to do with avoiding parliamentary scrutiny and maybe was the Yingluck government's way of keeping an eye on corruption.

You wrote that already and I read it already.

Anything else?

I have an idea, why don't courts force the Shinawatra clan to purchase all the rice from the scheme at premium prices? I recall Mr.T wanted to become a major rice player on the world market, that would be a wonderful opportunity for him to start, I am very confident as brilliant businessman that he is, he would have no trouble selling it at a profit.

• Like 2

It's SOP.

Anything else?

You mean that's not enough?

why she need a loan?

The farmers have threatened to take back their rice, but the reality is they do not want it, as they know they will then have to sell it at half price, and that such a move would likely end the rice scam for future crops as well, meaning the farmers would also have to sell future crops at half price. The farmer's know their only real option is to wait it out and hope their votes are so important to the PTP that the PTP will eventually accept not only to pay the outstanding amount, but also pay interest and continue the scam for future crops.

Anything else?

It's not a question of enuff. Every government practices maladministration. Actually, no government has to practice it any more because they are all so adept and well versed in it. The Abhisit government was no different, trying also to outdo Thaksin in the number of Thai people it could kill.

Pipkins, you come over as quite an intelligent chap but you do talk absolute <deleted> sometimes.

No offence. smile.png

Yingluck says government can pay farmers, not broke

yingluck-8-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra reassured farmers that they would be paid as her governments financial status is sound enough to seek loans from financial institutions to pay farmers.

She dismissed speculation that her government was broke and was unable to pay farmers.

Instead, she said, the fiscal position of her caretaker government was sound enough to secure loans from financial institutions with pledge that all farmers who have their rice vouchers would be certainly paid.

However, she did not specify the time for the payment, saying rice payments were being delayed by legal limitations and processing.

She said all parties including the Peoples Democratic Reform Committee should understand hardship suffered by unpaid farmers and therefore should refrain from exploiting their plight for political gains.

She also brushed aside alleged rampant corruption in the rice-pledging scheme saying relevant authorities were investigating such allegations.

She stressed the urgent problem right now is the delayed payment which not only farmers have suffered but the countrys confidence is also affected.

She also dismissed report that her government was broke and also that she refused to meet farmers.

Instead, she said, she has directed relevant ministers to clarify the farmers as they have all information and know better.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-says-government-can-pay-farmers-broke/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-02-11

I can just imagine if I owed someone 130 billion and was 4-5 months late on payments, and then told him I would send one of my staff to handle the meeting he had requested with me. I am guessing he would be pretty pissed.

Unfortunately Yingluck, despite claiming to be a business woman, has no clue how to conduct business nor has she any business ethics whatsoever!

You are the CEO of a national sovereign government?

Wow!! And right here, posting at TVF. Amazing. I look forward to reading your every post.

Anything else?

It's not a question of enuff. Every government practices maladministration. Actually, no government has to practice it any more because they are all so adept and well versed in it. The Abhisit government was no different, trying also to outdo Thaksin in the number of Thai people it could kill.

Pubic. You are obviously so well informed, why don't you pop over to this thread and let us know your views?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/703625-thai-opposition-turns-to-farmers-as-political-stalemate-lingers/#entry7424900

So if it's only 50 protestors left, why is the SoE required?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

So if it's only 50 protestors left, why is the SoE required?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They dispersed to let Chalerm through.

Come on, her hands are tied. Banks loans at high interest rates due to the speculation (None substantiated) of impropriety. Dems threaten banks to not issue loans. Finance Dept hands are being frozen due to "Investigations" that are obviously politically motivated.

Does your Thai wife write your script by any chance?

Pubic. You are obviously so well informed, why don't you pop over to this thread and let us know your views?

http://www.thaivisa....s/#entry7424900

Without having gone to the link, I respectfully decline your invitation. It's nothing personal, just that I don't like some people. laugh.png

That's a real shame, seeing as you are so opinionated, and so obviously well respected with you coherent debate and argument. The reason you don't want to pop over to a serious thread is you have NO defence for the alleged $6.1 billion corruption now being reported (at last) in the international media, highlighted already by the world bank and the IMF, and a warning given by Moody's.

Come on now pubic, pop over to a serious thread....

Isn't it simple?

The (Caretaker) Government already has a debt - to the farmers.

So, if they now borrow to settle that debt, the total indebtedness that the next government will inherit doesn't change.

Or am I missing something.........?

http://www.thaivisa....s/#entry7424900

Without having gone to the link, I respectfully decline your invitation. It's nothing personal, just that I don't like some people. laugh.png

That's a real shame, seeing as you are so opinionated, and so obviously well respected with you coherent debate and argument. The reason you don't want to pop over to a serious thread is you have NO defence for the alleged $6.1 billion corruption now being reported (at last) in the international media, highlighted already by the world bank and the IMF, and a warning given by Moody's.

Come on now pubic, pop over to a serious thread....

Do you beg for meals too? wai.gif

Come on, her hands are tied. Banks loans at high interest rates due to the speculation (None substantiated) of impropriety. Dems threaten banks to not issue loans. Finance Dept hands are being frozen due to "Investigations" that are obviously politically motivated.

Does your Thai wife write your script by any chance?

May I say your avatar looks like LBJ in his casket?

Give some, take some I always say. wink.png

It's SOP.

Spot in..... and keeping an eye on where the corruption is able to line their own pockets, as an educated guess