Thai girls ranked Asia's top for unplanned pregnancies

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a country where young people are told to abstain from intercourse instead of being educated about using protection, there can be no other result.

Abstain from intercourse instead of being educated !!! 9 to 12 year old kids. You must be stark raving mad.

Get a grip. The article wasn't purely about 9-12 year olds. The issue is about the rate at which young people getting pregnant. The 9 year old was mentioned was a statistical outlyer, a single case. Pregnant 9 year olds have not become an epidemic. For the age groups in which it has become an epidemic, then education on using protection (or perhaps I should have just used the term "sex education") is vital, along with the importance of waiting until later when they are mentally and physically ready. I recall receiving my first sex education in 6th grade. That puts me at about 11-12. These days it can and does occur younger that that, but it needs to be age appropriate. It does seem to work: California Teen Birth Rates Drop 60 Percent Thanks To Sex Education

Much of the fault lies within the culture itself exacerbated by the deliquent parenting and lack of responsibility and accountability.

Yes.

Furthermore what kind of scumbag has intercourse with a child.

Other children, which is what this discussion is about.

pumped and dumped by irresponsible youths

Takes 2 to tango

Agree entirely if they are adults but a nine year old can hardly make an informed choice can they.

thumbsup.gif

and that also applies to an 11 or a 12 year old.

Edited by Naam