Ny - Bkk Cheap Flights

elGrande

Seen the prices lately from The States? Flights from NY are OUTRAGEOUS

A flight which was previously available in the $800-900 range is now in the $1400 - $1600 range. This has got to take a bite out of tourism y elGrande duai.

Anyone know any discount tiket sources?

Usually the cheapest flight from BKK to NY is Kuwait Airways. maybe their tickets are cheap departing from NY as well...... though dont expect any of their private TV-screens in the seats of the economy class is working.....

Edited by AsiaWolfie

I flew RT from Washington, DC to BKK in April on Korean Air for $950 through Expedia. The good thing about K.A. is there is only one stop....in Seoul as opposed to the usual stops in San Francisco and Tokyo.

Bad thing about Korean Air - late arrival times into BKK and the early departure times when leaving BKK. :o

Eva airline flies from EWR to Taipei for 1,173.00 (economy), 2782.00 (evergreen deluxe).... If you need to make reservation(s), I suggest booking it atleast a couple of months in advanced. Seems seats are limited and filled up rather quickly.

My theory about the "skyrocketing" prices to fly from the US to BKK is because of two reasons:

1) Higher prices for fuel

2) The declining value of the US Dollar.

I would almost wager that the airline ticket prices in Thai Baht have not changed by more than perhaps 1-2%, however when you consider that the Dollar does not buy as many Baht as before, well, voila... higher ticket prices.

BTW, are the prices you looked at thru Thai Airlines? They may be high because you might have been looking at their non-stop flight from JFK to BKK.

Edited by Gumballl

I flew RT from Washington, DC to BKK in April on Korean Air for $950 through Expedia. The good thing about K.A. is there is only one stop....in Seoul as opposed to the usual stops in San Francisco and Tokyo.

Bad thing about Korean Air - late arrival times into BKK and the early departure times when leaving BKK. :o

Yeah...arrived at 12:15 am....left at 1:30 am to return. My previous time in early '05 was on United. arrived at 11:30 pm so not much difference although the tickets was only $750 RT with the two plane changesmentioned. I dont mind the return time because I just stay up all day and start drinking in the afternoon. By the time the flight takes off.....I'm sleepytime :D

Seen the prices lately from The States? Flights from NY are OUTRAGEOUS

A flight which was previously available in the $800-900 range is now in the $1400 - $1600 range. This has got to take a bite out of tourism y elGrande duai.

Anyone know any discount tiket sources?

Webfares and consolidators typically offer the lowest fares. Maybe search out a consolidator in your area. There will be quite a few in the metro NYC area. It goes without saying that you should look for those with Asian expertise, typically found where there are concentrations of Asian people living/working.

You can check published fares here:

http://dps1.travelocity.com/lognlogin.ctl?tr_module=FARE

Use NYC (covers all) and BKK

Availability is limited of course but this gives you a starting point.

Sample (base fare, exclusive of all taxes, fees, fuel surcharges)

New York, NY to Bangkok, Thailand August 21

Airline Round Trip Fare Code View Rules

Eva Airways USD 770.00+Web Fare BLX3MP

China Airlines USD 792.00+Web Fare QTCCLX6M

Eva Airways USD 818.00+Web Fare BLW3MP

China Airlines USD 825.00+Web Fare QLXS6M

China Airlines USD 840.00+Web Fare QTCCLW6M

Cathay Pacific USD 853.00+Web Fare MTCMJCS

Eva Airways USD 854.00+ BLX6M

China Airlines USD 875.00+ QLWS6M

Eva Airways USD 908.00+ BLW6M

Thai Airways Intl Ltd USD 922.00+ VLAPX

China Airlines USD 925.00+ QLXS1Y

Eva Airways USD 933.00+ ULXA6ME

China Airlines USD 935.00+ NLXS6M

Eva Airways USD 960.00+ BLX

China Airlines USD 975.00+ QLWS1Y

Thai Airways Intl Ltd USD 980.00+ QLAPX

China Airlines USD 985.00+ NLWS6M

Eva Airways USD 986.00+ ULWA6ME

When do plan to depart? How long will you stay? Do you have a preferred carrier/alliance?

It looks like BR and CI offer the lowest fares for this market currently?

It looks like Eva (BR) operates 5 times weekly ex-EWR via SEA to TPE, then multiple flights TPE-BKK.

Not sure about CI, their website seems reluctant to offer up schedule information in a reasonable fashion. I think they fly ex-JFK via ANC and TPE? Not sure about the frequency?

• 2 weeks later...