Students throwing Eggs at Foreigners

khwaibah

Students throwing Eggs at Foreigners Feb 10, 2014

Society

CityNews - A photo posted photographs on CM108.com Facebook page on February 8th with the caption “Around 5 p.m. today there are unidentified students on a motorbike with partial plate 940 throwing eggs at foreigners near Chiang Mai Commercial Technical College on Kotchasan Road.

http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=3192

Get ready for the apologists: "Well people throw eggs in all countries, so..." smile.png

There's no need to apologize nor is there any reason to get your knickers in a knot and turn this into some dramatic international incident. There is nothing to indicate they weren't throwing eggs at everyone they thought an easy target, whether foreign or not. It's a childish thing to do and yes it happens in other countries.

Justin Bieber, a Canadian, staying in the US. was throwing eggs at Americans ... his neighbors. It was considered a childish, stupid thing to do, but most people laughed it off as something dumb. I don't think any hysterical posters in the US tried to suggest it had anything to do with race or nationality.

More importantly, despite all the violence recently because of the election and rice scheme, no one has attempted to use that as an excuse to target foreigners, despite the hyperventilating Thai Visa US-versus-THEM proponents who insist that "THEY don't want US here."

Try to put things into perspective. Silly teenage boys doing something stupid. It's nothing to do with Thai culture or antipathy for resident foreigners and there's no need to have palpitations or to go apoplectic.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

Get ready for the apologists: "Well people throw eggs in all countries, so..." smile.png

There's no need to apologize nor is there any reason to get your knickers in a knot and turn this into some dramatic international incident. There is nothing to indicate they weren't throwing eggs at everyone they thought an easy target, whether foreign or not. It's a childish thing to do and yes it happens in other countries.

Justin Bieber, a Canadian, staying in the US. was throwing eggs at Americans ... his neighbors. It was considered a childish, stupid thing to do, but most people laughed it off as something dumb. I don't think any hysterical posters in the US tried to suggest it had anything to do with race or nationality.

More importantly, despite all the violence recently because of the election and rice scheme, no one has attempted to use that as an excuse to target foreigners, despite the hyperventilating Thai Visa US-versus-THEM proponents who insist that "THEY don't want US here."

Try to put things into perspective. Silly teenage boys doing something stupid. It's nothing to do with Thai culture or antipathy for resident foreigners and there's no need to have palpitations or to go apoplectic.

Your right on that. I threw dozens of eggs with my friends as kids. Race or nationality had nothing to do with it. Just kids being kids.

Here goes: Were the police scrambled to catch these eggotistical yokers? Were they told not to shoot until they saw the whites of their eyes? Did they take these frittatas and beat them until they were whipped? Or werelittle Nog, Legg, Kai, give the sunny side up treatment? Nah, probably it's all over easy. I bet in Paris they'd be French toast. Fun throwing eggs at tourists, though, like shooting rabbit in a hole.

• Like 1

As a 15 year old punk, my friends and I got caught egging the coach's car one Friday night. The guy had left his windows down which only made our clean up job harder. The judge made us work for the coach every weekend for a month. We washed cars and cleared two overgrown lots with an axe. Had blisters all month on my hands.

Last time egging anything.

they should be tracked down and sentenced to jail,

and the tourists should be compensated 10,000 baht each.

2 -3 months in the Bangkok Hilton should sort them out,

This is an outrageous act intending bodily harm.

However if they are English and wearing sandals with

socks they should get a free movie pass with all the

popcorn they can eat

Ping pong balls wrapped in foil and set a light, thrown onto the local ethnic supermarket.. smoke them bastards out...and pinch a pack of jam rollettes as we were running out the store

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Edited by eeeya

• 4 weeks later...