PDRC to hold mass rallies in Bangkok on Feb 14-16

webfact

PDRC to hold mass rallies on Feb 14-16

225015-imagejpeg-345088-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The People’s Democratic Reform Committee will hold mass rallies at the protest sites on February 14-16 to coincide with St Valentine’s day and Makha Bucha day.

PDRC secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban told supporters at Pathumwan protest stage Tuesday night that the mass rallies at the existing protesting sites at Pathumwan, Ratchaprasong, Asoke, Silom and Chaengwattana were meant to allow the protesters to declare their loyalty towards the country.

And since the rallies coincide with Makha Bucha day, protesters will join in merit makings at all protest stages and to extend their mercy to the Thaksin regime as well, said Suthep.

He told supporters that on Monday while he led a protest march through Sukhumvit road to raise fund for protesting farmers, exiled former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was in Myanmar attend a superstitious ritual for blessings to overcome all the forces against him.

Suthep also promised help to four commerce officials whom Deputy Commerce Minister Yanyong Puangrach has wanted to be arrested for taking to the protest stage at Pathumwan.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pdrc-hold-mass-rallies-feb-14-16/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-12

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am more concerned with Thaskin trying to off load the forces against him, this guy is a total twit , this mumbo jumbo crap, you used to see in Disney movies with William Holden in darkest Africa,bah.gif better get the joggers out for the 14-16th , the walking frame and the M16

What an incredible waste of time....

And "Love festival" on Valentine's Day?!!" Suthep is beginning to sound like Dr. Joyce Brothers, or John Gray ["Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus"]... seriously, I think someone needs to give him a day job.... starting to sound pathetic.

This protest movement is sputtering into a terrible failure. It is the same old rhetoric. There is nothing new, no ideas, no solutions, no actions.... if is just the same old boring marching around collecting money blocking traffic.....collecting rice money from the farmers is just an opportunistic distraction to walk some more.

Stop these silly protests here in Bangkok.... Why don't you go protest in Chiang Mai in front of Thaksin and Yinglucks family compound.

I'm sure Thaksin goes back and forth into Thailand undetected and stays there anyway.

Edited by Blackmirage2013

chooka, on 12 Feb 2014 - 08:15, said:

How romantic, take your sweetheart to a political rally for Valentines day and dodge grenades and bullets

Didn't know you were that romantic Chookacheesy.gif

Normally treat her to a nice dinner and good bottle of wine but alcohol is banned this Valentines day in Thailand so I guess it's free street food in Styrofoam containers with bullets and grenades for the little lady this year. Suthep is going to a lot of trouble to organise this special Valentine event so I shouldn't let the little lady down.

I was kind of expecting Suthep to cancel Valentines Day this year unless Yingluk handed over the country to him

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

This anti-government protest started off with some energy and vigor... now it is nonsense... just a bunch of blockades and physical structures blocking the major intersections of Bangkok during the day and then people sitting on the streets in the evenings, listening to all the same boring rhetoric...

At least unblock the streets during the day.... a useless effort...

Cut your losses.... nonsense, irritating, boring...

• Like 2

Maybe if he advertised it as a mass singles meet n greet he'd be more on the money...

How sweet pick the one weekend that people will be wanting to spend with their loved ones that'll get them out. Maybe hes been looking in the mirror a bit too much and fallen for himself ....

Heres hoping it dosnt turn into St Valentines Day 1929 rerun and all stay safe and sound....

I like the "power button" logo for "re-starting Thailand".

Ctrl-Alt-Delete, or jumper cables might be more appropriate?cheesy.gif

Is this the "final rally"?whistling.gif

Yes. This Valentine day will completely bring down the Thaksin family and all their clan.

Feb 14 will be long remembered as the day Thailand finally become corruption free.

It will also be celebrated at Suthep's day (to layman).

• Like 2

Suthep will make this Valentine's Day go down in Thai history as the day used tires ruled the streets in mass protest against the government. There weren't enough rubber plantation owners to matter and their workers are anti-Democrat, so Suthep approached the Tire Kingdom to join his anti-corrpution protests and it agreed to put wheels in motion and roll out their forces. Peace and Love this Valentine's day.

Yes, please increase your protests, as I can still sit in traffic another 2 hours per day. 4 hours a day is still not enough.

Or be sensible and use the public transport - unless you are far too hi-so.

I wish. We don't have such pleasures out here in our neck of the woods.

Yes, please increase your protests, as I can still sit in traffic another 2 hours per day. 4 hours a day is still not enough.

Or be sensible and use the public transport - unless you are far too hi-so.

Uhm, not everyone has the skytrain or sub. at the doorstep! This is Bangkok and not Tokyo.

And the buses are a joke in Bangkok, I´ll rather walk or sit in the traffic jam.

14 people at Silom last night and 23 at Asoke.

The protests are over.

If what you say is true

Then why have the police not arrested all the protest leaders

on your words 13 protestors and much better than any police force

Can I please have a glass of what you have been drinking

• Like 2

I wish you guys wold talk before you post

ponl the lst hand you sau you are all stick in traffic because of the massive protests

then some one says that all the protestors have gone home

You Taskin supporters must all be under the Lao spell the Taskin is using to make every one in Thailand see he is the new President