Barbar shop that can give hair advice

Tahmid

Ok, yes I noticed the other post about the barbar shop, and no this is not the same request xD

That said, I'm looking for a place to get a hair cut and hopefully some advice on how to adapt my hair to Thailand. I live in Rangsit so I don't know a lot of Bangkok, i.e. it would be extremely helpful if anyone can direct me to a good, for both male and female, knowledgeable, doesn't cost me an arm and a leg(~400 at max), english speaking place which is in the vicinity of a BTS station. The closer to Victory Monument the less likey it is for me to get lost xD And even better if anyone knows one in Rangsit ^^

Yes, I know, quite a steep request but it's a hairy matter, can't be too lenient.

There must be a salon within 500M of where you stay. Did you try it already ?

There are a few. But no one understands English. Tried once before, they cut everything off my head, starting with my ponytail =| Been in hiding since, slowly growing things back. So now I'm looking for a proper place so that things don't go wrong.

Just take your own plastic bowl and they will understand immediately you are wanting a Thai standard haircut. whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif> whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif> whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif>

Ahahahaha. Around my place here, I don't think I'll even need the bowl xD That seems to be the only thing some of them can cut x_x

Never Say Cutz, these guys will fix you up. They have a few locations, the one at BTS Ari maybe closest to you.

Isn't that the hiphop/crew shave shop? Do they do (moderately)long hair? Also, where exactly near BTS Ari, I'm not entirely familiar with the place xD

Also, this post on Tripadvisor was talking a shop in Phaya Thai, Hair by Phonatip. Anyone with experience? ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, not necro-ing. But just as a future reference to anyone. I went to both Never Say Cutz and Hair by Phonatip, and well I got my hair cut at Hair by Phonatip. The NCS I went to had a bit of trouble understanding me, and later started showing pictures which was mostly hiphop style. Wasn't quite my thing. So I went to Phonatip and well, he knew english quite well and gave me quite a bit of advice. Plus I'm loving the cut :D For the first time in my life x_x

So yeah, if anyone needs a cut and is around/doesn't mind going to phaya thai, give Hair by Phonatip a try. He has a website, and suggests to make a reservation online but the time I went it was empty. I did make a reservation though. But meh, who knows you might get lucky with a walk in.

• 7 months later...

Ok, not necro-ing. But just as a future reference to anyone. I went to both Never Say Cutz and Hair by Phonatip, and well I got my hair cut at Hair by Phonatip. The NCS I went to had a bit of trouble understanding me, and later started showing pictures which was mostly hiphop style. Wasn't quite my thing. So I went to Phonatip and well, he knew english quite well and gave me quite a bit of advice. Plus I'm loving the cut biggrin.png For the first time in my life x_x

So yeah, if anyone needs a cut and is around/doesn't mind going to phaya thai, give Hair by Phonatip a try. He has a website, and suggests to make a reservation online but the time I went it was empty. I did make a reservation though. But meh, who knows you might get lucky with a walk in.

Gonna try Phonatip possibly today. I'm tired of all these shitty haircuts I've been getting in the Philippines and to be honest I don't really know anything about hair I'm hoping to find someone who can give a little advice and tell me what will look good.

Just gotta figure out how to get there.

I have dyed brown hair though my natural colour is now gray. I want it dyed blonde so that when the gray starts to come through, it won't be so noticeable, what I would like to know is, is there any blonde colour I can get that will actually come out blonde over my dyed brown hair? or will I have to have highlights?

I have dyed brown hair though my natural colour is now gray. I want it dyed blonde so that when the gray starts to come through, it won't be so noticeable, what I would like to know is, is there any blonde colour I can get that will actually come out blonde over my dyed brown hair? or will I have to have highlights?

"...I want it dyed blonde so that when the gray starts to come through, it won't be so noticeable..."

Shouldn't be a problem with it being noticeable at all.

Try dying the brown hair grey, then the regrowth definitely won't be noticeable.