Satis Sehgal’s deportation proposal rejected

Lite Beer

Dunno,

I feel that unless you are as a minimum Naturalised, you should not openly interfere in Thai politics....

discussion on de-identified TV is fine, but standing up in a public forum is not right

we are guests

The Thai constitution does confer free speech and it does not say "for citizens only". Also, it would appear that immigration does not agree with your view.

Not that I would consider a foreigner ranting on stage to be interfering. In most democratic countries the government would simply ignore such a person as harmless and irrelevant.

Agree from a legal perspective.

I still feel if your visiting a friends home and husband and wife get into a verbal spat, it would be best to bow out and not get involved.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO the Deportation threats for foreigners in rallies are not true.

glad to hear it.

Where does it say that ?....all this shows that in this case a foreigner who also happens to be a PR of Thailand is not being deported, and the key word here is "PR".

If a foreigner on a visa or extension stay gets involved in rallies and the powers that be take exception, all it takes is a single immigration offiical to decide you are violating the T&C's of your visa or extension of stay and your on the next plane out, no committee. no appeals etc

If this case has set a "precedent" all it would apply to is a foreigner who is also a legal permanent resident of Thailand, not to all foreigners