Pattaya police bust Russian ATM 'scammers'

webfact

Excellent Work by the "Pattaya Police"

These cheating thieves (of any Nations).... who steal peoples "hard earned" money

should be locked up....fed rice only ......and have the keys thrown away

(and make them show their faces....)

I agree with DD13 but what do you expect from these Russian scum, when they pulled the wall down they spread like a virus world wide.

Last time I looked at a map, the "wall'' was in Berlin, Germany. Did they move it?

I have said this before... and it's true.

The scammers steal money from the BANK (not the customers).

Subsequently, in order to avoid loss because of their antique ATM technology the bank STEAL the money from the customer.

The banks know the scam, they know the real transaction from the fake, but they continue to steal from the customer to make up the loss...

Have you ever wondered why the gangs target Thailand ? It's because their ATM technology is from the 1960's.

Edited by technologybytes

I have said this before... and it's true.

The scammers steal money from the BANK (not the customers).

Subsequently, in order to avoid loss because of their antique ATM technology the bank STEAL the money from the customer.

The banks know the scam, they know the real transaction from the fake, but they continue to steal from the customer to make up the loss...

Have you ever wondered why the gangs target Thailand ? It's because their ATM technology is from the 1960's.

It's a wash moneywise to the banks so why should they care one way or the other.

These crimes happen worldwide.

ATM's didn't exist in the 1960s so they hardly can't be based in technology from then.

If one is robbed of cash by any method, it's difficult to get the money back.

The UK bank that issues my credit card guarantees me 100% against all and any misuse of any type, including ATM withdrawals, providing that I keep the card in my possession or inform them promptly if it is no longer in my possession. Seems fair enough to me.

Of course, that's a bank in the UK, not a bank in Thailand.

• Like 1

If one is robbed of cash by any method, it's difficult to get the money back.

The UK bank that issues my credit card guarantees me 100% against all and any misuse of any type, including ATM withdrawals, providing that I keep the card in my possession or inform them promptly if it is no longer in my possession. Seems fair enough to me.

Of course, that's a bank in the UK, not a bank in Thailand.

Credit cards are not debit cards...in the UK or Thailand. I think the card in question is a Thai debit card so not really apt comparisons. But your overall point is valid...probably easier to get an unauthorized cash withdrawal using one's debit card credited back to your account from a Western bank than a Thai one.

Funny how they only had 18,000thb in cash when they stole so much.

Also whats with all the fake atm cards? Wouldn't it be less conspicuous to have a few and just charge them up with a new number when they run dry? These stupid criminals deserve life in a thai prison.

I wonder why they couldnt just give some tea money when in works in so many other illegal operations.

Credit cards are not debit cards...in the UK or Thailand. I think the card in question is a Thai debit card so not really apt comparisons. But your overall point is valid...probably easier to get an unauthorized cash withdrawal using one's debit card credited back to your account from a Western bank than a Thai one.

My UK bank also guarantees me against all fraudulent transactions made with my debit card. I think this is fairly common practice in the UK.

I do have a Thai ATM/debit card linked to an account with a maximum of a few tens of thousands of Baht in it. I never use it online. I rarely make purchases with it. For cash withdrawals I only use it at ATM machines at a branch of the bank in question during opening hours. In spite of all these precautions I fully expect to be scammed out of something on it one day. But it wont be much.

I dont expect to ever lose anything on my UK cards.

"He also allegedly claimed to have sent "millions" of baht back to his homecountry"

how is the money sent back?

Easy from a western union office. As long as they transfer small amounts up to 100k .

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Having just spent some time in Koh Chang that was infested with Russki,s can't Putin bring back some law to stop them leaving Russia,like the old days,so loud ,so rude and so Russian,at least the food they get in a thai jail,will probably be better than a russian one,oh and why no pointing in this photo?

Having just spent some time in Koh Chang that was infested with Russki,s can't Putin bring back some law to stop them leaving Russia,like the old days,so loud ,so rude and so Russian,at least the food they get in a thai jail,will probably be better than a russian one,oh and why no pointing in this photo?

Weeeeeeell, looking at the photo I think they have been pointed in their eyes and a BiB is saying sorry...................laugh.png

Edited by transam

one day in chiang mai I went to an

atm and waited beacause it was busy.

Two guys, one on motirbike where putiing card after card into atm, and out came a wad of thousand bahts each time.

I pretended not to take notice and after about ten minutes they left with a small fortune.

It was a sunday I took note of the time went to bank on Monday and told manager he said he would look at the video.

I left nothing happened.

Then a few years later while in Bangkok sitting at a table in a restuarant I watched 2 russian girls and 2 guys phoning away as busy as hell with some sort of printout crossing out lines scoffing food and then a guy turned up sat with them and opened a blue bag full of atm cards . They were not worried it was a back st restuarant after a while they left with 2 bags full of cards probably to start the empty atm run for the night after tipping the waitress four hundred bht.

Great bussiness banks must have plenty of free money.

Edited by Rimmer