Anti-graft agency gets more evidence on rice corruption

webfact

That the whole thing is corrupt and that there will be plenty of proof, nobody will doubt. But how high the courts will reach and how long those found guilty will spend in prison, is the big question.

If it all blows over as before Thailand and Thai people will have much worse coming. The vultures are ready to strike anytime when they feel safe.

Methinks that there is going to be a population explosion in Dubai and the rice warehouses will resemble ghost towns with tumbleweeds blowing around in the wind!!

I am sure NACC knows how to conduct investigation , cross examining witnesses and evidence. Farmers, millers, officials and politicians if found guilty of corruption or collusion or cheating the authority should be punished accordingly.

Send from my Mobile

Edited by icommunity
  • Like 2

I am sure NACC knows how to conduct investigation , cross examining witnesses and evidence. Farmers, millers, officials and politicians if found guilty of corruption or collusion or cheating the authority should be punished accordingly.

Send from my Mobile

Most of that is done by government prosecuters and the court once the NACC has collected sufficient evidence to warrant a criminal case.

What is it about the Shinawats and corruption...... I mean, how much money do they need?

I guess for some people enough is never enough.

Once you have more money than you can spend, it is all about power and prestige. It is a sickness. Before he was wealthy, Dr. Thaksin was a decent fellow; he just got sick.

• Like 1

The problem is that many of the reds have the attitude that corruption should not be combated if its their party doing it. In fact i feel one should always combat corruption. They feel its politicized while breaking the law should be punished by not doing anything your supporting it.

Its always the ruling party that is corrupt (as they got the most chance for it) so now its the reds but I and I am pro democrat would call as hard for the heads of corrupt democrats. I feel the country cant move on without attacking corruption.

The reason we got those big fights is that there is so much money to be made in politics.

There's some interesting stuff here. First of all Indonesia has had a big camapign against Money Politics. The Indonesian people that is. Also in Indonesia there is a large anti-corruption Bureau that needs more and more money to fight their legal cases against corruption. The money comes from the Government which puts the Government in a bind. If they reduce funding to the Bureau (or Commission) they are seen as supporting corruption, but if they increase the levels of funding, the politicians within the Government will get caught. We should see something like this in Thailand where a serious anti-corruption Bureau/Commission, set up by law and funded by the Government with branches in all major towns and easy access for people to report corruption, then that would be something! Abhisit did his best to fight corruption within his own party when he was PM. Sadly, the Reds/Thaksin did everything they could to derail his administration and he was continually diverted from the real social changes he was trying to make. Those here who speak against him know little of what he achieved or planned to do. However, the red occupation diverted the Government's energy away from meaningful politics such as social changes (although he did manage to get free schooling for all those under 15 years of age) and his anti-corruption fight. After the occupation he has spent so much time rebfuffing the Dubai Sociopath's lies and the right wing attacks on him personally and his Government by the reds.

PTP actually cut the budget of independent agencies in charge of fighting corruption in their 2013 budget:

On top of that the "Amnesty" Bill would had voided all the corruption cases that came (and would come) from the NACC.

Edited by AleG

That the whole thing is corrupt and that there will be plenty of proof, nobody will doubt. But how high the courts will reach and how long those found guilty will spend in prison, is the big question.

If it all blows over as before Thailand and Thai people will have much worse coming. The vultures are ready to strike anytime when they feel safe.

Regrettably no one of any importance will spend any time in prison. Yingluck and co if convicted will leave the country and live a life of luxury. The new government will not do anything to bring them back to serve their sentences. I believe things are going to change in Thailand in the near future but not very much. Corruption has been a way of life here for a long time and will remain for the foreseeable future.

If (Big If) the new government does not follow up with any extradition applications, does this mean that the 7 farmers who committed suicide and left their families destitute because of the existing government rice policies have no value?

No one is ever responsible for someone else's suicide.

Yes the KPK, very good article on them in the Bangkok Post some months back. They were too successful and the government tried to close them down. They didn't succeed. Thailand should start a similar agency. HK has the ICAC - similarly awesome. A truly independant agency that will go after any corruption from any side regardless of politics and has the law behind it so it has real teeth to issue warrants, make arrests and bring wrongdoers to court is what is really needed. Hope it will happen here sooner rather than later.

I agree. The Thai SEC is similarly toothless and has to rely on the corrupt police and public prosecutors to bring criminal charges. Needless to say this hardly ever happens.

This rice is your rice (if not payed), thats right...biggrin.png

No it's not true. If you agree to sell something and allow the purchaser possession, you do not have the right to reclaim it unless a hire-purchase type contract was used (oz law, AFAIK). You only have the right to sue for the debt.

Thai law would be the say so.

But the sales agreement might specify title to remain with seller, & to transfer to buyer upon completion of payment in full.

The problem is that many of the reds have the attitude that corruption should not be combated if its their party doing it. In fact i feel one should always combat corruption. They feel its politicized while breaking the law should be punished by not doing anything your supporting it.

Its always the ruling party that is corrupt (as they got the most chance for it) so now its the reds but I and I am pro democrat would call as hard for the heads of corrupt democrats. I feel the country cant move on without attacking corruption.

The reason we got those big fights is that there is so much money to be made in politics.

Absolutely right, I am anti Taksin / PT / UDD / red shirts because of what they have done over the years. Corruption, riots, tremendous amounts of bs propaganda, red villages, nnot to mention the recent PT scams debacles - all kinds of badness. However if it was Abisit and the Dems who did it I would be anti them to exactly the same degree. I back Dems because they are the only other party that may stand a chance at office and they are by far the lesser of 2 evils. Looking forward to someone better coming along some day.

You are right on the money. This is exactly how I feel as well.

• Like 1

Absolutely right, I am anti Taksin / PT / UDD / red shirts because of what they have done over the years. Corruption, riots, tremendous amounts of bs propaganda, red villages, nnot to mention the recent PT scams debacles - all kinds of badness. However if it was Abisit and the Dems who did it I would be anti them to exactly the same degree. I back Dems because they are the only other party that may stand a chance at office and they are by far the lesser of 2 evils. Looking forward to someone better coming along some day.

You are right on the money. This is exactly how I feel as well.

....and any sensible straight thinking posters feel.

The reds don't support corruption either, I'm sure a high percentage of them are fully aware of PTP's duplicity but they tolerate it because they feel indebted to Thaksin.

• Like 1

marstons post # 48.

bring on the next Thaskin famliy member to lead the country which will be the case. Yingluck can than retire a spend some of her fortune.

Bring on the next Thaskin family member to leech off of the country which will be the case. Yingluck can than retire a spend some of the Thai peoples fortune she and her brother and the rest of the Shinwatra clan have stolen and wish to continue stealing.

• Like 2

marstons post # 48.

bring on the next Thaskin famliy member to lead the country which will be the case. Yingluck can than retire a spend some of her fortune.

Bring on the next Thaskin family member to leech off of the country which will be the case. Yingluck can than retire a spend some of the Thai peoples fortune she and her brother and the rest of the Shinwatra clan have stolen and wish to continue stealing.

Serious allegations there, siampolee. I take it you have proof and it's not the usual mouthings of the perpetual bitters?