Protein Bars / Pre Made Shakes

Boater

GNC but the price is terrible. Same with protein bars. Even with the discount they offer, you're paying silly money. Unfortunately I don't know of any gyms that offer PWO shakes, there is a café in true fitness asoke, but it doesn't offer anything special.

If you are set on protein bars, you can buy them cheaper online from several sites based in thailand, but even then the price per gram of protein will be high.

The cheapest option is to buy whey online (roughly 1k baht per 1kg), that's what I do. But it sounds like you want to buy ready-made and in-person. In that case I'd recommend looking around and finding real food that will fit your macros, it will be much much cheaper.

edit: Actually I just remembered, today I saw a protein shop in Siam Discovery. The end nearest to MBK. Pretty sure I saw some protein bars there. Can't comment on the price.

Edited by celso
  • Like 1

Health supplements in Thailand seem to be a giant ripoff, I've never found anything at a reasonable price. I recently was forced to buy some Creatine for 3x what I usually pay.

That being said, you can buy these items at gyms like Fitness First. Imagine paying something like 180 baht/bar. The shakes aren't cheap either.

I order my protein bars from iHerb, the shipping to Thailand is reasonable but there can be up to a month of waiting for delivery. So one strategy might be to buy some expensive bars for now while you wait for delivery via mail order.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is a little shop inside Asok BTS station that carries EAS Myoplex, Oh Yeah, and a few other brands of protein bars at decent prices. You can get 12 myoplex bars for 1000b, 12 oh yeah bars are 1000b also.

With that said Quest bars are by far the best tasting, I just ordered 6 boxes from quest directly... let's hope they arrive alive! :o