Rice farmers to get payments next week, Yingluck assures

webfact

Next week will be interesting then. YL must know the consequences of failing to deliver on this latest promise. Is it a coincidence big brother is in Myammar and met with a group of clan cronies?

If payments are made then it will be very interesting to see where the money comes from (but it will probably be another state secret); and interesting to hear why some farmers have been waiting since September.

This regime does nothing unless forced into it or for its own agenda.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Krung Thai someone else mentioned . . . not sure if true or not.

Well on the Thailand News thread yesterday was an MCOT report that farmers have threatened KrungThai Bank that if they did not approve loan extensions on their loans, they would withdraw all their deposits.

I had to laugh considering if they actually had any deposited money to withdraw, why are they in need of loan extensions in the first place?

Krung Thai someone else mentioned . . . not sure if true or not.

Well on the Thailand News thread yesterday was an MCOT report that farmers have threatened KrungThai Bank that if they did not approve loan extensions on their loans, they would withdraw all their deposits.

I had to laugh considering if they actually had any deposited money to withdraw, why are they in need of loan extensions in the first place?

I noticed that report yesterday as well and was thinking, if krungThai approves a 130 Billion non-performing loan, there might be no money left to withdraw.

I think it's called the Som Nam Naa syndrome

Edited by JesseFrank

"Yeah, I sent the check already. You didn't get it yet?"

"No, I didn't get it yet."

"Ok, let me check with the mail. Sometimes they are slow. I can't believe you didn't get it yet."

.......... "My brother got his."

Where does he live , interested to know ...

Hard to keep track of,always on the move.Hoped to come home for Songkran to eat somtam,but unlikely now.You may see him in PP,with his good friend.

"Yeah, I sent the check already. You didn't get it yet?"

"No, I didn't get it yet."

"Ok, let me check with the mail. Sometimes they are slow. I can't believe you didn't get it yet."

and then to continue the game...'ok, let me cancel that one if it has been lost at your end by the post and we will issue a new one, just a few days.'

If the government are paying BUT have Ltd funds with more coming. Why don't they agree with the farmers to pay 50% now. And 50% in 1 or 2 months. At least that way most if not all farmers will actually be able to continue farming!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How many people on TV are actually affected by the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

How many comments have you posted on other issues that affect you?

Nice post I am only interested in this topic, do you just get upset over your feelings about the issue or are you involved directly by this?

I doubt very much that the overall amount and sheer volume of payments can be made on Monday

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is no doubt if the overall amount is enough or not

Amid the ongoing protests by farmers who have not received their rice compensations, the prime minister during a trip to Ayutthaya, reassured growers that the government would start making payments to the farmers from Feb 17 onwards.

The cabinet earlier gave approval to a 712 million baht budget which will be allocated to farmers waiting for their September 2013 payment.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/704416-yingluck-told-of-unpredictable-and-uncontrollable-consequence-if-farmers-lose-patience/?p=7437506

Guess there will be 3 groups:

1. TV members who pay taxes in Thailand.

2. TV members married with Thai family and have childrens here.

3. TV members which have enough of liars, thieves and murderers which destroy the morale.

This reflected from top to bottom, so that the awareness of right and wrong disappears.

That will affect you then in daily life. About cheatings and scammings you can read here every day.

I doubt very much that the overall amount and sheer volume of payments can be made on Monday

There is no doubt if the overall amount is enough or not

Amid the ongoing protests by farmers who have not received their rice compensations, the prime minister during a trip to Ayutthaya, reassured growers that the government would start making payments to the farmers from Feb 17 onwards.

The cabinet earlier gave approval to a 712 million baht budget which will be allocated to farmers waiting for their September 2013 payment.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/704416-yingluck-told-of-unpredictable-and-uncontrollable-consequence-if-farmers-lose-patience/?p=7437506

So that's about 0.3% of the required amount.

Or around 5,000 farmers

Good luck with that.

Yingluck could do a lot worse than hiring Suthep as fundraiser.

• Like 2

We will see if the farmers get paid next week. It sounds like another BS statement but we will see. They can even specify the amount. It could be a joke.

But if the farmers get paid, that would be great. They need the money. If they don't get paid, no one will trust the government anymore.

• Like 1

The government owned Ag Bank again. Lordy I wonder how deep into this the Ag Bank is. The stories keep changing, but if the worse case scenarios are to be believed, this will make it about 1 trillion baht, secured by way overpriced and rotting rice.

And notice she said payments will begin next week. How much?

Maybe 1 baht for ever 100.000 baht whistling.gif

Ang Thong Governor Pawin Chamniprasart said he had no authority to look into mysterious night-time deliveries of rice in and out of a warehouse in Ang Thong, as it was likely privately-owned and likely not part of the rice-pledging scheme.

Sounds like he knows dam_n well that the warehouse is part of the rice-pledging scheme and probably knows exactly what is going on too.

The sooner Thailand gets rid of appointed provincial governors reporting to the Interior MInister the better.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

Ang Thong Governor Pawin Chamniprasart said he had no authority to look into mysterious night-time deliveries of rice in and out of a warehouse in Ang Thong, as it was likely privately-owned and likely not part of the rice-pledging scheme.

Sounds like he knows dam_n well that the warehouse is part of the rice-pledging scheme and probably knows exactly what is going on too.

The sooner Thailand gets rid of appointed provincial governors reporting to the Interior MInister the better.

wonder who the private owner is?

Me.

I feel it every time I pay a high amount of taxes to work here. Happy to pay taxes, but frustrated to see how this govt. wastes nearly every Baht of it.