Thai Police in position to retake Bangkok rally sites

webfact

If they clear the protesters today, what is to stop them coming back in greater numbers tomorrow, and Sunday, and Monday,....................?

Are we going to see mass arrests and detentions? How will Thaksin's toady Surapong explain that to the world?

Wait, I've worked it out! The BIB could blockade those sites to stop protesters from re-entering. That'll show them.

Laziness? Apathy?

Protest sites are empty for most of the day.

Yellow shirts lost. Deal with it.

someone better tell you it not all over till the fat lady sings

there is still the farmers and the courts to come

this will drag on for a long time still to come

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About time. Any Democratically elected Govt around the world (as this one is), would have taken control weeks ago from thugs holding a country to ransom. Whether you like it or not this Govt was elected. Suthep nd his colleagues do not want an election because they know they cannot win. Simple as that. Mind you the only protestors left are those being paid.

You forgot to give the other side of the story

That Yingluck need to keep her hold on power so the real truth of Thailand being ripped off is not revealed

There are 2 sides to every story

but we can see where you bias lays

Please do not predict the future if you hold have a master certificate in Lao Black Magic

Hooray, looks like it is all over and things go back to normal, Yingluck will get her 2 trillion baht spend money and many

people will have a bloody good piss up......unfortunately though there is the hangover to come and financial ruin for the

bulk of the people in Thailand......champagne for some and rice wine for the rest......change will come, inevitable,

sorry that it looks like later rather than sooner.......

Seems a rather odd statement to make given the different approaches for clearing the city centre in 2010 and now.The former if you recall involved the army shooting innocent victims.The latter involves internationally praised patience and restraint.

If I may strain your recollection, this is exactly how the Abhsit government started clearing protest sites, with riot gear *only*. Protesters retaliated with grenades, forcing the authorities to arm the troops.

You forgot, or you have a case of selective recall?

I relied on the independent accounts particularly that of HRW which while exculpating no party made it clear the military murdered many innocent civilians.

Well, a little bit of research will show that this is exactly how it started. But you knew that, didn't you? I'm afraid your credibility is shot, liar.

I think the police need to crack a few heads to show these (paid) idiots that they are serious. They need to make arrests if they resist and the judges need to warn them about the consequences of reoffending.

Fine them and make it clear that shutting down the functioning of government departments will not be tolerated.

More weapons uncovered as the Thai police FINALLY clear out the sites of the "peaceful protester" thug mob:

https://twitter.com/joe_black317/status/434165622251859968

don't even think for a moment that this is from protesters. Why would they abandon the weapons when there was no emergency for them? Did they escape quickly and left it behind?

Are you at the right forum?

w00t.gif

Suthep supports the police if they clear the protesters.

Here is what he said in 2010:

If they violate the laws, such as blocking roads and intruding into government offices, we will have to disperse the protesters, Suthep said in March 2010, while serving as Deputy Prime Minister for the now opposition Democrat Party.

Suthep is the biggest hypocrite on the planet.

Edited by metisdead
As the 'r' key is next to the "t" key, corrected misspelling of Suthep's name.

At this point the police are just glorified street cleaners, there's no one at the protest sites!

The police are cowards. They won't do anything that will risk their comfort. Unless, the risk/reward ratio strongly favors reward.

Last year I attended two funerals of policemen in villages near where I lived, killed in the line of their duty. Both left young families. I am sure the wives, daughters and sons would like to hear you say their husbands and fathers were cowards. I have said it before, but it is worth saying again.

LOL Someone had to edit out that "id**t" comment. I don't mind.

So you attended a couple funerals for those killed in the "line of duty" - without details, who knows what the LoD was. I will say it again with a small change to appease you - the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of police are cowards. And their families know and reap the rewards from it.

The belief remains. Everyone knew the police were coming. Those 'violent protestors' could have chosen to be violent. They didn't. At least not yet.

They were killed disarming an idiot with a grenade.

Suthep supports the police if they clear the protesters.

Here is what he said in 2010:

If they violate the laws, such as blocking roads and intruding into government offices, we will have to disperse the protesters, Suthep said in March 2010, while serving as Deputy Prime Minister for the now opposition Democrat Party.

Suthep is the biggest hypocrite on the planet.

You are welcome to think that if you wish despite it being untrue.

Thai police didn't have the balls to get in there and take back Chaengwattana which houses a huge number of government related offices, hardly any numbers at all protesting any more the rally sites could be easily taken bck early morning any weekday

Inefficient and corrupt to the core, must be one of the worst police forces in Asia

I have a friend who is a protester there and she texted messages all the time.

She saw the police lining up and started to be afraid of what would happen. She was positioned close to the stage and she saw seven or eight men in black (popcorn men as she calls them) and that was when the police retreated.

The monk is well loved by the militiary and it seems that they sent a message to the police telling not to take him.

These are her words not mine, but they seem plausible.

• Like 2

Been looking over all the photos and still haven't seen one of someone with a mou, sunglasses and a hat so I have to assume that Chalerm stayed back in air conditioned comfort and enjoyed his 5 star meals and imported wine while all his cops stood and sweated in the sun.

The cops have now all gone back to wherever they are being housed to sleep on the floor, wonder what they get to eat ?

Not a single protest leader arrested, another fail from Chalerm, but then has he ever done anything he has boasted of doing ?

A photograph on tv tonight of a line of police in full riot gear and shields and some woman sat 2 feet in front of them reading a book. Awesome photo ! Kind of sums up the whole situation for me to a certain extent. I hope sharing this photo is within the rules of the forum. It is water marked so I have no right to use is hence I will just post a link to it. Please see it at the host site.

http://democracyforburma.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/1902846_520654871381321_362061796_n.jpg

http://democracyforburma.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/thailand-thai-anti-riot-police-crackdown-on-anti-government-protester-video/

Edited by tingtongteesood

It is a shame they weren't as active in 2010.

That's all water under the bridge now.It's time to start fresh and learn from past mistakes.

Well done and said------------- How about we start looking forward and not keep harping on about the past

It is a shame they weren't as active in 2010.

That's all water under the bridge now.It's time to start fresh and learn from past mistakes.

Well done and said------------- How about we start looking forward and not keep harping on about the past

Thats gunna have to come from both sides of the political divide... and quite frankly, aint gunna happen

SOMETHING THAT BOTHERS ME ABOUT THIS REPORT :

''Protesters had earlier collected their belongings and departed the scene........Police said they found home-made grenades, urea-mixed fertilizer, iron pellets, and other bomb-making components as well as the mildly-narcotic kratom (mitragynine) leaves.''

Since the protestors had already collected all their belongings and left, surely they would have taken all the aforementioned things the police supposedly 'found' with them ? They cost somebody money, it just doesn't make sense that they would leave those things laying about to be so easily discredited by their opponents, the protestors would not be that stupid ( despite the bs from the red sheeple saying they are )...Methinks some funny business going on with the evidence here....Wouldn't be the first time CMPO and the idiots at the helm have lied to try and make the protestors look bad would it. If they 'find' weapons then they think it somehow justifies the removal so they must be found there whether true or not. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the protestors are angels and I am not denying that some of them were armed, but this just seems way too convenient and judging by past actions.... bah.gif

Make your own conclusions people.

what, no WMDs? cheesy.gif

Well it would not be a good idea to be caught with these items in your possession so it makes much more sense to leave them behind and deny ever owning them, indeed you could claim they had been planted, yes?

Mostly slingshots and metal nuts. Not even 1 gun. 2 smoke grenades maybe. Quite unimpressive...

AHH Ok the stuff they showed on the television?.. if that was it then it looked like the powder and metal nuts were found in a locked cupboard of some sort.. and the slingshots, I would say most rural households in Thailand would have 1 or 2 about! hell even the police have those. they used them at the begging of the protests!

Just been through the thread WHERE are the pictures of all the weapons supposedly found?

Mostly slingshots and metal nuts. Not even 1 gun. 2 smoke grenades maybe. Quite unimpressive...

It's you whistle blowers here at TVF who from the first word of weapons began drumming up the hype. You guys were blowing whistles so loudly you apparently couldn't hear yourselves pronouncing the police had planted H-bombs, WMD, even Red Bull.

Bull.

About time.

Hopefully it will go off smoothly without any problems.

How on earth do you think an open confrontation with the police v peaceful protesters exercising their democratic right to demonstrate will go off smoothly and without any problems?

"Peaceful protesters"? Where are they then? they're certainly not in BKK.

About time.

Hopefully it will go off smoothly without any problems.

How on earth do you think an open confrontation with the police v peaceful protesters exercising their democratic right to demonstrate will go off smoothly and without any problems?

"Peaceful protesters"? Where are they then? they're certainly not in BKK.

Really! They looked peaceful enough this afternoon-evening at Silom and according to pictures in the press they were peaceful at Chuang Wattana.....Are YOU in Bkk?

• Like 1