intex swimming pool

Zendo

Hello,

I am willing to buy an intex swimming pool for my kids so they can have fun for few months, but on Toys r Us they do not provide anything else than the pool and the filters, no way to order a better pump , no chemical tester and treatment chimicals, no carpet for underpool... and of course the price is double than US or EU.

Does anyone have good ideas or infos on that kind of products ?

Yes I can also build a small pool myself for that price, but where to get waterproof painting and, same problem, the pump and chemicals and tester ?

I'll appreciate any help, best regards.

PS : Yes I know there are other topics about that but they are aged and I think it's better to start a new one to get accurate informations.

thank you very much for these quicks replies !!

jarhead50200 >> does your intex pool can be filled with less water than 4 feet deep ? because i have a 2 years old kid that is not really tall right now.. i would like him to be able to walk into the swimming pool.

http://www.toyznet.com have a great choice too.. now i have one more problem then : choosing one option !

regards,

Zen

We have a an Intex Ultra Frame rectangular pool that is 24x12 feet and 52 inches deep, we have had it over two and a half years and it has been excellent. We bought it from Amazon in the US for about a third of the price they are here (around 50,000 baht) and it came complete with sand filter and salt water chlorinator.

It is easy to set up and very low maintenance, it requires no chemicals and just uses salt which we top up every so often. It came with pool vacuum which works well and the water is always clear and remains ph balanced. We set ours up on level ground over a thin layer of sand and good quality floor vinyl as an underlay.

We have had only minor faults with the pump/filter/chlorinator and these were easily and cheaply fixed, I would highly recommend it especially if you are not sure how long you will want a pool for.

We have a an Intex Ultra Frame rectangular pool that is 24x12 feet and 52 inches deep, we have had it over two and a half years and it has been excellent. We bought it from Amazon in the US for about a third of the price they are here (around 50,000 baht) and it came complete with sand filter and salt water chlorinator.

It is easy to set up and very low maintenance, it requires no chemicals and just uses salt which we top up every so often. It came with pool vacuum which works well and the water is always clear and remains ph balanced. We set ours up on level ground over a thin layer of sand and good quality floor vinyl as an underlay.

We have had only minor faults with the pump/filter/chlorinator and these were easily and cheaply fixed, I would highly recommend it especially if you are not sure how long you will want a pool for.

Thank you very much for theses infos, are you selling it up here in chiang mai now ?

I am also interrested in how you did bring it here, did you shipped it yourself or came with by plane ?

Because when i checked on amazon they say they will not be able to deliver in Thailand this kind of items..

Best Regards,

Zen

No I'm not selling it but thought you might be interested in my experience. I was lucky that my sister-in-law who lives in the States was shipping a container full of stuff to Thailand and she asked me if I needed anything so it didn't cost me anything to get it here. If I have needed spare parts she sends them to me which is useful because I am not sure if you can get spares here in Thailand.

Here are a couple of pictures of the pool.

post-7602-0-91174300-1392445820_thumb.jp

post-7602-0-14287200-1392445833_thumb.jp

• 3 months later...

I just bought an intex pool.

The water sucks bad and I went to Chemical World (Chiang Mai) to get a new bigger pump with a sandfilter (Its just being fitted now)

You can find them using Google Maps.. thats how I get around as I am new to the area

Chemical World has one super staff there that speaks perfect English and is now managing the pump installation team for me...

I miscalculated the size of the pool and just lost my BBQ area.. never mind as I would rather see my kids happy smile.png

I had a new pergola put up for my BBQ... but now it serves to keep my kids sun safe instead....

post-112119-0-54084300-1401505358_thumb.

Edited by thhMan

• 11 months later...

I just bought an intex pool.

The water sucks bad and I went to Chemical World (Chiang Mai) to get a new bigger pump with a sandfilter (Its just being fitted now)

You can find them using Google Maps.. thats how I get around as I am new to the area

Chemical World has one super staff there that speaks perfect English and is now managing the pump installation team for me...

I miscalculated the size of the pool and just lost my BBQ area.. never mind as I would rather see my kids happy smile.png

I had a new pergola put up for my BBQ... but now it serves to keep my kids sun safe instead....

attachicon.gif20140525_185301.jpg

How is it performing a year later?

Im particularly interested in the sand filter.

And if you found somewhere to relocate your grill