Electric Skies

Thaipwriter

I love our storms in Ban Dung, the water is soon flowing down the sides of our fields and then tumbles into our pond, an instant waterfall which may last for days. The frogs are all croaking afterwards, cicadas chirping, butterflies dashing back and forth. And at night the fireflies are out in full force, beautiful pinpricks of light meandering throughb the darkness

And all the time the lucerne grass is growing in its luxurious way, providing a healthy diet for our cows.

Perhaps Plachon can answer this one, I bought some grass seed in Ban Dung that resembles sugar cane somewhat when it's fully grown. It likes water and the seller called it Gin gee, but I'm not sure of its proper name in Thai, I'm wondering if it could be pangola grass in English.

Get your camera out! Quick!

Erm, yeah....like i would have if i was not hiding under my bed :o

Ace photo, Penzman

Have you got any more?

I did a quick search today and could not find where I've stored them. I also have a few movies I've made, I'll post them here when they resurface.

I love our storms in Ban Dung, the water is soon flowing down the sides of our fields and then tumbles into our pond, an instant waterfall which may last for days. The frogs are all croaking afterwards, cicadas chirping, butterflies dashing back and forth. And at night the fireflies are out in full force, beautiful pinpricks of light meandering throughb the darkness

And all the time the lucerne grass is growing in its luxurious way, providing a healthy diet for our cows.

Perhaps Plachon can answer this one, I bought some grass seed in Ban Dung that resembles sugar cane somewhat when it's fully grown. It likes water and the seller called it Gin gee, but I'm not sure of its proper name in Thai, I'm wondering if it could be pangola grass in English.

It sounds like "jumbo grass". It's a sorghum sudan cross. If you keep it cut or grazed, it will keep producing leaves. It needs lots of water and fertilizer.

regards

Mr. ThaiPwriter -- Lightning storms are fun to watch. But why were you logged onto the internet during the storm a few days back?

This from:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tbw/information/ltg.htm

Studies have indicated that more injuries and deaths occur with either the first or last stroke of lightning in a particular thunderstorm. Most people are stuck outside. However, there have been some cases where lightning has traveled through electrical wires and phone lines and struck people indoors. The safest place to be during a thunderstorm is inside and away from windows and electrical appliances.

And from:

http://www.floridadisaster.org/HWA/lightning.htm#activities

Stay off the telephone and away from electrical devices.

Florida is the number 2 lightning capital of the world - a peninsula between 2 large bodies of water: The Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. Air masses collide. If you've ever seen anybody struck by lightning, as I have, you would think twice. BTW number 1 is in Africa.

Mr. ThaiPwriter -- Lightning storms are fun to watch. But why were you logged onto the internet during the storm a few days back?

This from:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tbw/information/ltg.htm

Studies have indicated that more injuries and deaths occur with either the first or last stroke of lightning in a particular thunderstorm. Most people are stuck outside. However, there have been some cases where lightning has traveled through electrical wires and phone lines and struck people indoors. The safest place to be during a thunderstorm is inside and away from windows and electrical appliances.

And from:

http://www.floridadisaster.org/HWA/lightning.htm#activities

Stay off the telephone and away from electrical devices.

Florida is the number 2 lightning capital of the world - a peninsula between 2 large bodies of water: The Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. Air masses collide. If you've ever seen anybody struck by lightning, as I have, you would think twice. BTW number 1 is in Africa.

I want to second this, thunderstorm with lighning, you better lockout asap!

Had to learn my lesson a week ago or so,

when lightning started,I stayed online a bit to long ,

addicted with reading in TV-Forum,

lucky, it only costs me a trip to Khon Kaen(50km),

to buy a new modem :D

Got a bit of a shock when the old modem got 'enlighted' :o

Many thanks to buddha ! :D

Last saturdays lightning over Khon Kaen I've watched (offline) for many hours,

til the rain poured down over us :D

(apologies for my Kraut-english) :D

I've seen many lightning bolts from up close, even felt the electricity run through my body a few times. Two weeks ago, I heard something for the first time, an extremely loud spark noise before the usual thunderclap hit. It was close but we were inside the house.

Storms are much more exciting in the countryside!

Hi

You guys are fortunate to have power whilst storm is going on.

Our local supply stops in sympathy at first sign of storm! :o

TBWG :D

There's an absolutley bonkers electrical storm cracking off over Khon kaen right now, I've not seen or heard anything like it for years. It's virtually daylight outside!

Loving it!

We are having daily/nightly thunder storms in Surin now the past couple of weeks or so. I drove through one of the worst storms I've ever seen about 2 weeks ago. Scared the crap out of me. I also once had a lightning bolt strike the road maybe 20 feet from my truck one time a few years ago here. Have also seen a house get struck during one storm last year as I was sitting on the veranda having a cold one admiring nature's fury that night. Was told a funny/strange story the next day from the teenaged girl who lived in the house that got struck. It hit her room and entered the house, leaving a small blackened hole in the ceiling of her room. I'll have to write that one up soon. I have some pics I took as well. I love the storms.

Cent