Davis (Tennis) Cup now at Thanyapura

simon43

Due to the disturbances in BKK, the Davis Cup tournament (Thailand vs Hong Kong) has been moved down to Thanyapura Sports Centre, Thalang, with free entry (AFAIK) to spectators.

I was down there today because my step-daughter and class were 'ordered' by their teacher to go to watch the matches, otherwise they would be given a 'zero' mark (not sure for what subject).

The matches are also on tomorrow (Sunday 16th) - nice way to pass the afternoon.

Simon

Edited by simon43

Thailand leads Hong Kong 2-1 after Pruchya Isarow and Nuttanon Kadchapanan defeat Phillip King and Chun Hun Wong 64 62 62

Thailand and Hong Kong are tied at 1-1 after Day 1. King (HKG) d. Sornbutnark 62 76(2) 63 and Trongcharoenchaikul (THA) d. Kolev 64 75 75

I'm not sure the rankings are too important - how many nations in the world have 3 highly ranked players (I'm guessing zero)?

A chance to watch a Thai national sports team beat one of their rivals - what's not to like?

It continues at 2pm tomorrow Sunday - the event is detailed on the Thanyapura website at:

http://www.thanyapura.com/home

You're probably right - although the website you link to says that the first match starts at 10AM? Doesn't matter too much if you're just going for a bit of fun and to soak up the atmosphere though.

All tennis fans are welcome to watch these exciting matches scheduled as follows:

14 Feb Friday 10:00-16:00 2 Singles Matches

15 Feb Saturday 14:00-18:00 1 Doubles Match

16 Feb Sunday 10:00-16:00 2 Singles Matches