Sunday roast

neilf

I can't remember the name of the place but it's on Soi 13 / 4, half way up on left from beach road, last bar before Penthouse hotel.

Great roasts, chicken beef, pork, lamb with full trimmings for about 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand.

That'd be Palmers and you are right, the roasts and food in general there are really good and have been for about the last 20 years!.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robins nest soi dianna does a good buffet for 249baht on sunday. Dont bother with 18 coins, plain rip off

18Coins is generally very good on, value, service, and consistency (i,e no screw-ups). It would be a decent place to eat in any country -let alone Thailand. Their choice of meat is very good for the price. It amazes me there isn't a falang cook in their kitchen!

I've eaten there many times and had decent meals but the sunday roast imo is a ripoff. Their beefburger is great value for 130baht.

Cant say I've enjoyed the service 100% if you get rid of the grumpy ladyboy it would be an improvement.

• 7 months later...

I can't remember the name of the place but it's on Soi 13 / 4, half way up on left from beach road, last bar before Penthouse hotel.

That'd be Palmers and you are right, the roasts and food in general there are really good and have been for about the last 20 years!.

Was there last week and have to say a big thumbs down, absolutely awful

Was there last week and have to say a big thumbs down, absolutely awful

I've eaten here on & off for years and always had good food especially the Sunday roasts- Maybe they've changed the cook or just a bad day. I can only give my honest opinion on the day visited which was eight months ago. I'll have to try next time I return.

• 3 months later...

Robins nest soi dianna does a good buffet for 249baht on sunday. Dont bother with 18 coins, plain rip off

18Coins is generally very good on, value, service, and consistency (i,e no screw-ups). It would be a decent place to eat in any country -let alone Thailand. Their choice of meat is very good for the price. It amazes me there isn't a falang cook in their kitchen!

I've eaten there many times and had decent meals but the sunday roast imo is a ripoff. Their beefburger is great value for 130baht.

Cant say I've enjoyed the service 100% if you get rid of the grumpy ladyboy it would be an improvement.

Yes, I've have been served by that grumpy git who is clearly too precious to work there. The food is my opinion is bland and hardly worth the bother, good value or otherwise.

Plated or buffet (carvery)?

There are a lot of places on the darkside that do plated Sunday roast for 150-200B. I generally go to one of them. In fact I'll be off there in an hour or so. smile.png

There's also a place near the lake that does a nice Sunday roast for 100B, though the serving is a tad small.

Several places in and around Soi Buakou do Sunday roasts for around the same 150B. I've tried quite a few over the years and I like Cafe Pattini. A place a couple of doors up from there does a carvery for about 225B but the meat looks boiled rather than roasted to me. It's very popular though.

The Sportsman carvery in Pattaya is good but it's very overpriced at about 425B. And they have the cheek to charge an extra 95B for a couple of slices of lamb.

Dicey Rielly's around the corner is good value at 350B but the food is warm-ish rather than hot. Not sure if I've mentioned before that they charge an obscene 80B for a small bottle of water which makes them a rip-off in my book.

Had intended trying the Acorn carvery but apparently it's closed.

Shenanigans in Jomtien does a carvery. I heard it was OK but overpriced.

That should get you started.

"There's also a place near the lake that does a nice Sunday roast for 100B, though the serving is a tad small."

I think I know the one, "the Brasshouse" just off the lake on the Bangkok turnoff.

Well if it is the same one you refer to, the food as gone off big style and the ambience has gone with it

They raised the price to 150 Baht No problem with that but then they made "the tad small" meal even a tad smaller.

Roast potatoes had a lot in common with the smaller amount of sliced chicken in that they had been sitting around in the kitchen for some long time and lost their freshness, meal was coldish as well,

The roasts were a complete disappointment looking slouched, greasy, battered and dejected we felt as though they had been left overs from minimally the day before.

one very small head of cauli and broccoli which also had suffered the same fate as the rest of the meal in that it all looked old and sad

From the ambience point of view our ears were assaulted by a rather loutish and loud man who continually in his loud voice was drunkenly shouting the odds to a few of the ladies who were just as unimpressed as we were.

The Brass house need to get its act together and resume its position as one of the best placed on the lake that you could rely on for a a nice meal cooked by an attentive staff and with a friendly bunch of ExPats who were sadly missing the last few times that we have been

Casual bar on the darkside is my regular place for a sunday roast these days.Have tried many and some others are cheaper but inconsistent with quality and or service so I'm sticking to Casual around 210b for roast pork never been let down yet.On Khao noi past PJs have facebook page for more info.

The Brass house need to get its act together and resume its position as one of the best placed on the lake that you could rely on for a a nice meal cooked by an attentive staff and with a friendly bunch of ExPats who were sadly missing the last few times that we have been

That's the place. How disappointing.

18Coins has changed hands, 1/1/15 they moved across the street, 18 coins is run by the hotel now, I heard not to Good...

agree about the ladyboy, it does ruin the atmosphere , Burgers a Great Deal, they sell out early though, so be forewarned...

agree about the ladyboy, it does ruin the atmosphere , Burgers a Great Deal, they sell out early though, so be forewarned...

Yes they do sell-out early had to settle for the chicken burger last time which wasnt so bad.

We visited the Chill Bar (1st time) a couple of weeks ago.

The food was fair, the exception being the lamb, which was very tender.

On the down side, the cutlery had not been properly washed, the mint sauce, which you had to request, came in a thimble sized pot, and most importantly none of the staff even knew what horseradish was.

Edited by meuok

• 1 month later...

The Coins Soi Bukaow ( not 18 coins run by the staff of The old 18 coins) does a lovely Sunday Roast normally chicken and beef combo. Mash yorkshire roast spuds lots of peas and carrots gravy plus a boat of gravy only 155 baht!!! Found The coins impossible to beat! The only thing that did was a pint of Guinness in Maggie Mays! Lol

post-174826-14279755413791_thumb.jpg

Plated or buffet (carvery)?

There are a lot of places on the darkside that do plated Sunday roast for 150-200B. I generally go to one of them. In fact I'll be off there in an hour or so. smile.png

There's also a place near the lake that does a nice Sunday roast for 100B, though the serving is a tad small.

Several places in and around Soi Buakou do Sunday roasts for around the same 150B. I've tried quite a few over the years and I like Cafe Pattini. A place a couple of doors up from there does a carvery for about 225B but the meat looks boiled rather than roasted to me. It's very popular though.

The Sportsman carvery in Pattaya is good but it's very overpriced at about 425B. And they have the cheek to charge an extra 95B for a couple of slices of lamb.

Dicey Rielly's around the corner is good value at 350B but the food is warm-ish rather than hot. Not sure if I've mentioned before that they charge an obscene 80B for a small bottle of water which makes them a rip-off in my book.

Had intended trying the Acorn carvery but apparently it's closed.

Shenanigans in Jomtien does a carvery. I heard it was OK but overpriced.

That should get you started.

I thought Shenanigans was closed??? It's opened again??? I used to like the grub in there!

The Coins Soi Bukaow ( not 18 coins run by the staff of The old 18 coins) does a lovely Sunday Roast normally chicken and beef combo. Mash yorkshire roast spuds lots of peas and carrots gravy plus a boat of gravy only 155 baht!!! Found The coins impossible to beat! The only thing that did was a pint of Guinness in Maggie Mays! Lol

Would like that now, looks good.

I thought Shenanigans was closed??? It's opened again??? I used to like the grub in there!

Shenanigans in Jomtien didnt close, though it did change hands or change manager or something.

The one in the Avenue did close. It reopened in similar style under another name but that didnt work either. Not sure what it is now.

Shenanigans in Jomtien didnt close, though it did change hands or change manager or something.

The one in the Avenue did close. It reopened in similar style under another name but that didnt work either. Not sure what it is now.

Where is it situated now?? I used to visit the one on the avenue.

. I went by Shenanagans in Jomtien a couple of months ago it was open, The Avenue Location turned into The Accorn, which eventually closed.

. I went by Shenanagans in Jomtien a couple of months ago it was open, The Avenue Location turned into The Accorn, which eventually closed.

Where is the one you visited?? I only ever knew the one in the avenue.

Where is the one you visited?? I only ever knew the one in the avenue.
. I believe this is the First one in Patts Jomtien area , it's on the way to the beach on right hand side 250 meter before beach, I think their is a Welcome sign to Jomtien its a lil past there, like on the bottom of a Condo dev., I've been going for 7 or 8 years