Any good interest rates for like 10 months?

HerbalEd ... after your comment, I got it; Fess Parker (who played Daniel Boone ....)

Someone commented about an interest rate; I saw an opportunity to borrow and pay a reasonable amount 10%

Its private funding ... a business plan on offer to a genuine Lender ... I can be easily sussed out ...(that's why I always use my real name, no pseudonym, easily tracked paper trail (as it were) ...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stick with U.S. stocks--- right now good ol' venerable AT&T (T) is sitting near 52-week lows paying a whopping 5.5% yield. I would suggest a limited order to buy @ 32.90 and place a Good Until Canceled limited order to sell at 36. My time horizon on this is 9 months which would provide 3 dividend payments equaling 4.125% and a 10.46% total profit when it hits (providing an effective APR of 13.46. A large cap paying you 2x inflation to hold it at the bottom of a 52-week trading range is when you pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If you keep a lot of money in THB it's the exchange rate that will kill you in 2014. The THB could drop precipitously in the event of political upheaval or the failure of a major bank. I'm not impressed by my Thai bank's 3.5% APR offers... I just keep 30,000 baht in there for a cushion (and for the record I scored a Thai bank account on a 30-day tourist visa while passing through BKK on a dive trip in 2011... it can be done). Also, if you DO plan on keeping a large sum in THB make certain you understand how interest is paid--- in lots of cases you forfeit interest earned if withdrawn before the official paid date.

If you keep a lot of money in THB it's the exchange rate that will kill you in 2014. The THB could drop precipitously in the event of political upheaval or the failure of a major bank. I'm not impressed by my Thai bank's 3.5% APR offers... I just keep 30,000 baht in there for a cushion (and for the record I scored a Thai bank account on a 30-day tourist visa while passing through BKK on a dive trip in 2011... it can be done). Also, if you DO plan on keeping a large sum in THB make certain you understand how interest is paid--- in lots of cases you forfeit interest earned if withdrawn before the official paid date.

Political upheaval and potential bank failures........ sounds a lot like my own 3rd world country of origin, USA.

I brought in a lump or two as a hedge against the reverse scenario - strong baht/weak dollar - like we saw about his time last year ~ 25 to the Dollar.

I now have a local stash that would last me at least 2 years, and for shits and giggles, earning 3% on it. Fagetaboutit, no big deal.

and the sky might fall whistling.gif

• Like 1

Political upheaval and potential bank failures........ sounds a lot like my own 3rd world country of origin, USA.

I brought in a lump or two as a hedge against the reverse scenario - strong baht/weak dollar - like we saw about his time last year ~ 25 to the Dollar.

I now have a local stash that would last me at least 2 years, and for shits and giggles, earning 3% on it. Fagetaboutit, no big deal.

25 to the Dollar

was last seen nearly 17 years ago on thursday june 26, 1997

last year's low was 28.53 on friday april 19, 2013

10% in KBZ Bank, Myanmar if you trust the banks there :-)

Fixed Deposit Account(KYAT)

Fixed Deposit Accounts are for eligible individuals and organizations looking for a higher yield on their cash returns. A passbook is issued to the account holder(s).

Terms Interest Rate 1 month 8% 3 months 8.5% 6 months 9% 9 months 9.5% 12 months 10%

I know someone who has placed a significant amount with a Myanmar bank. He informs me that the interest is paid as regular as clockwork

10% in KBZ Bank, Myanmar if you trust the banks there :-)

Fixed Deposit Account(KYAT)

Fixed Deposit Accounts are for eligible individuals and organizations looking for a higher yield on their cash returns. A passbook is issued to the account holder(s).

Terms Interest Rate 1 month 8% 3 months 8.5% 6 months 9% 9 months 9.5% 12 months 10%

I know someone who has placed a significant amount with a Myanmar bank. He informs me that the interest is paid as regular as clockwork

credit interest 12 months +10%, Kyat devaluation vs. US-Dollar 12 months -14.07% crying.gif

the Yanks (banks) have been doing it for years (with their Fiat currency) ... getting people to invest, paying a rate that effectively produces a negative return, all the while buying other currency, manipulating exchange rates ... and that leaves out the 'gold certificates' (held in storage for your protection) that there is a long waiting list to draw the physical gold out ...

as an astute American noted (elsewhere in this forum) ... the USA's (is a) third world currency ... it is like a Monopoly Game, where boxes of other games are opened all around and the currency introduced into the main game, and those that spot it, are bought off or pretend they don't see it ... a huge chain-letter ... musical chairs (and the music has all but stopped)

the Yanks (banks) have been doing it for years (with their Fiat currency) ... getting people to invest, paying a rate that effectively produces a negative return, all the while buying other currency, manipulating exchange rates ... and that leaves out the 'gold certificates' (held in storage for your protection) that there is a long waiting list to draw the physical gold out ...

as an astute American noted (elsewhere in this forum) ... the USA's (is a) third world currency ... it is like a Monopoly Game, where boxes of other games are opened all around and the currency introduced into the main game, and those that spot it, are bought off or pretend they don't see it ... a huge chain-letter ... musical chairs (and the music has all but stopped)

the "Yanks' fiat currency" did not fare too badly against a bunch other "major fiat currencies" during the last several years.

most important is however the fact that there is no way for an investor who wants to diversify his assets globally to avoid the "Yank Dollar".

Why not post where to get 10% from what bank in Australia. It's put up or shut up time.

Why not post where to get 10% from what bank in Australia. It's put up or shut up time.

Because there is no bank in Australia offering 10% at the moment. If you want to see Australian Banks & other baking institution rates in Australia, check out ratecity Australia. it will show you the best rate available for any given amount for any given time up to 60 months. The best on offer in Oz is a tad under 5% but that's for five years, if you dare ;)

Fiat currency or not, the fact is I get my pension in USD. When I got to Thailand last year, K Bank paid me 28.93, it's something like 32.26 Friday. That's 3.33 baht since August 16th 2013. That's 11.51% in 6 months and 5 days... if that trend continues (and political instability coupled with a potential national bank collapse does not bode well for a trend reversal), the THB could easily lose 20% against the USD on an exchange. This destroys any incentive to exchange USD for THB for anything beyond monthly expenses.

Terrific for me personally. I'm already living like Scrooge McDuck here.

I'm not saying don't have any money in a Thai bank... I keep one month's expenses on hand in THB and just live with the exchange fluctuation. It's there if I need it.

Say what you will about the USD, but show me a substitute currency as accepted or able to cover entire business sector trades. The Yuan has the potential perhaps, but is shackled by market concerns regarding centralized manipulation. Australia is facing huge economic issues that threaten to drive the AUD down to .84/USD in 2014 (taking some of the sting out of paying $12 for a Perth Big Mac, but not much). The Pound? I'd wait for a decision from Scotland. The Euro? I give you issues regarding Greece, Portugal and Spain... Rubles? Last time I was in the former Soviet Union they couldn't travel. Gold? Bitcoins?

But this is an exercise in futility. If you're living in Thailand, you're inexorably tied to your mother currency whether it be in Canadian dollars, USDs or Norwegian sardines... (no offense to my lovely neighbors from Kaharvoordoolapnsk... I may have misspelled that... I just never saw so many nasty ways to re-purpose a fish). If and when the THB turns on the USD I'll throw gobs of money at a Thai bank.

Sardine paste

Sardine-based joint compound

10-40w high mileage Sardine oil

Sardine Macciotta, I prefer the tall size at Starbucks...

Rustoleum indoor-outdoor Spray Paint Color #23R: Shimmering Sardine

(apologies to George Gershwin) You say "Herring", I say "Sardine"...

Sardine: Because "Pilchard" sounds even more revolting.

After all, they could've named Sardinia, what? Halibutania? Basstopia? The Isle of Carp?

keeping a civil tongue in my head ...

to the moron suggesting I "put up or shut up" ... why don't you read back a few posts to see what I wrote instead writing some limp-wrist-ed response while you sit down to piss ...

all you big 'players' are wanna-be's ... for every $ you rip out of the system without personal exertion, puts many people in an untenable position ... then you come over to an exploited country and put shit on the very people you have either directly or indirectly stolen from ... how's that song go (played by the grunts in armoured vehicles defending corporate Americas theft of other people's resources ... burn mother-f'er, burn ... (and you will)

to the moron suggesting I "put up or shut up" ... why don't you read back a few posts to see what I wrote instead writing some limp-wrist-ed response while you sit down to piss ...

all you big 'players' are wanna-be's ... for every $ you rip out of the system without personal exertion, puts many people in an untenable position ... then you come over to an exploited country and put shit on the very people you have either directly or indirectly stolen from ... how's that song go (played by the grunts in armoured vehicles defending corporate Americas theft of other people's resources ... burn mother-f'er, burn ... (and you will)

Please quote my post post when you respond as this is required by forum rule's. Then I'm still waiting on the where have 10% return in Australia.

Because there is no bank in Australia offering 10% at the moment. If you want to see Australian Banks & other baking institution rates in Australia, check out ratecity Australia. it will show you the best rate available for any given amount for any given time up to 60 months. The best on offer in Oz is a tad under 5% but that's for five years, if you dare wink.png

Thanks I know where to look my question was addressed to Mr D Boon.

that's alright john, he's busy cussing people for some reason.

it always pays to check individual bank sites after checking rate city as they sometimes get it wrong. 5% is hardly going to set your world on fire but if you have an amount of cash that you want to leave as cash then at least it's some return.

if you are a foriegn investor you will pay 'withholding tax' of 10% on bank interest! which when you provide an overseas address will automatically be deducted by the bank as the interest is paid.

sadly, if you only get 4.8%, you are going to lose 10% of that! which leaves you with a tad over 4.3%. I'm not sure if I would consider locking any amount of cash away at 4.something % for 5 years, as this is rather low compared to approximate averages of the past.

give ur money to mr Naam. He has a secret formula for making more money with it ;)

it always pays to check individual bank sites after checking rate city as they sometimes get it wrong. 5% is hardly going to set your world on fire but if you have an amount of cash that you want to leave as cash then at least it's some return.

if you are a foriegn investor you will pay 'withholding tax' of 10% on bank interest! which when you provide an overseas address will automatically be deducted by the bank as the interest is paid.

sadly, if you only get 4.8%, you are going to lose 10% of that! which leaves you with a tad over 4.3%. I'm not sure if I would consider locking any amount of cash away at 4.something % for 5 years, as this is rather low compared to approximate averages of the past.

give ur money to mr Naam. He has a secret formula for making more money with it wink.png

I think Mr Naam has some of that special ink rub it on a $50 and it come's back as a $100 I might buy a bucket full and send some to daniel boon.

Please quote my post post when you respond as this is required by forum rule's. Then I'm still waiting on the where have 10% return in Australia.

diluting Bundaberg Rum with water at a ratio 3.75 : 1 yields 10% smile.png

give ur money to mr Naam. He has a secret formula for making more money with it wink.png

I think Mr Naam has some of that special ink rub it on a $50 and it come's back as a $100 I might buy a bucket full and send some to daniel boon.

my 3D-printer produces 25 Baht coins.

Jumping into the fray... I don't think too many banks (US that is) hold on to mortgage paper. It's still bundled and sold. And the old formula of paying 3% interest on deposits lent at 9% (or whatever) flew out the window with TARP and the stimulus. Banks are awash in 0% money, yet have ironically shored up their bottom lines by ham handing banking fees and overdraft charges. Have you tried to get an overdraft fee waived in the past 3 years? I'm not even sure having incriminating photos of your banker with dead hookers, confused sheep and live boys would do the trick.

• 1 month later...