Double Pricing On Samui

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bloody name alone would put me off experiencing their culinary delights.
Will Wait ... what a name for a restaurant  :D

Actually Doc,I think they had the best of intentions in mind when they christened their restaurant "Will Wait";but it certainly confuses even native speakers,doesn't it?

The Thais mean,"We will WAIT ON you at your table and give you our best service"! :D Then we're gonna over-charge you too! :o

บริการดี ยิ้มไฃแอม :D

Farangs misunderstand it as,"I ain't gonna WAIT FOR their crappy food because I'm bloody starving"! :D

Farang:Hurry up now!

Waitress:Will wait now,Sir!

Farang:I just will not wait!

Waitress:No,I will wait!

Farang:Wait for what?

Waitress:Wait for you!

Cheers.

Snowleopard.

taxexile

You can keep your pox. I have no need for it. You can add it to your tendency to become apopletic.

Let's hope you don't come to my attention on Samui. I may feel the need to tell everyone who you are and what you're up to, with little regard for corroboration. :o

Let's hope you don't come to my attention on Samui. I may feel the need to tell everyone who you are and what you're up to, with little regard for corroboration.

Hey,Valentinoxxx is a tough Guy and a RAT !!!!!!

Must think he is the only chappy on the island that is in the know.Get real VX.

You can keep your pox. I have no need for it. You can add it to your tendency to become apopletic.

Let's hope you don't come to my attention on Samui. I may feel the need to tell everyone who you are and what you're up to, with little regard for corroboration. 

hey,valentino....apopletic i am not, but when i think (know) i am right i will argue my position until the cows come home. :D

and who am i and what am i up to? please do tell. it sounds like some kind of a threat..... i trust i am mistaken :o

Valentino,I tend to agree with 1 2 call & Taxville mate.If you can post smart remarks,you must be able to take some back.That sort of threatning is shit.

I I I I I I I I don't think it's called for mate.I had avision, but then who cares lmao.

:o

taxexile

Let's hope you don't come to my attention on Samui. I may feel the need to tell everyone who you are and what you're up to, with little regard for corroboration. :D

Nutter :o

hey,valentino....apopletic i am not, but when i think (know) i am right i will argue my position until the cows come home. :o

tax, I hate to throw my two cents worth into what is obviously a testosterone driven slinging match between you and valentinoxxx....

However, just by arguing with them you prove to them that what they believe about farang is correct; that we are unreasonable kii-nio farang. I am reminded of an event many years ago, I bought some ice cream off of one those local ice cream makers/vendors that used to drive around with a little bucket on the back of the bike, selling homemade ice cream with sticky rice and peanuts. (mm.. those were the days :D ). Anyway, this lady didn't give me the sticky rice and peanuts, just a scoop, and charged me the full price for it. A few of the fishermen that were hanging out near our house told her that I was married to a local and to charge me the lower price (ie of just one scoop). She refused, I paid. Oh well. A few months later she needed a lift into town when her motorbike died and asked my husband to take her and the bike into town in his truck. "Sure" he says. Once they arrive and she asks how much, he tells her "300 baht" (remember this is over 10 years ago). When she asked him why it was so expensive, he told her, "You ripped off my wife". She paid up and left. I learned a valuable lesson here.

tax, I hate to throw my two cents worth into what is obviously a testosterone driven slinging match between you and valentinoxxx....
sbk, when i first posted this topic i never thought anybody would bother to reply to it because as so many people have said its only a matter of a few baht and why ruin your day over something so minor.

it didnt ruin my day,only my meal, but it made me decide not to eat at that place again and i posted to make my feelings known about double pricing and overcharging, (two separate things).and to publicise the kind of service offered by that place.

the replies to the post have been :

1) either yes we agree with you.

2) dont be such a pri+k over such a minor thing, or

3)(and two people in particular posted)...some kind of justification for double pricing.

and its those who justify the charging of foriegners a higher price than the thais,(not just the local thais but any thai) that get me going. as to whether it is testosterone driven or not, maybe a psychologist would be better qualified to answer that . i certainly felt no throbbings of excitement as i was replying. :o

i can understand a discount to a local, but i cannot understand a higher price for a foreigner.

However, just by arguing with them you prove to them that what they believe about farang is correct; that we are unreasonable kii-nio farang. 

most thais ,just like most farangs,do not throw their money around, they search long and hard for the best price,the best value and the best deal and are constantly on the look out against being overcharged. its my understanding that thais have a lot of respect for falangs that spend wisely.there is a big difference between kii nio and spending wisely, be it a 40 baht meal or a 4,000,000 baht house. the shopkeepers that charge unfairly obviously dont want careful customers, but falangs who know they are being overcharged and meekly pay up but are too weak to challenge (in a non aggressive manner) the situation only feed the greed of the overcharger.

the accusation of kii nio is often the refuge of an unscrupulous businessman charging a high price when up against a consumer wanting a reasonable deal and fair value.

regarding your ice cream story, if i ever open a clinic on samui, i will pray that the manageress of will wait comes to me for some treatment. :D

No, tax, there is no justification for one price for Thais and another price for farang, it annoys the heck out of me too. My solution to this is to just smile sweetly (maybe easier for a female?), say in my local colloquial thai something along the lines of, "oh, two prices, one for farang and one for thai? That is ok, I won't be back" in a sugary sweet voice. Shocks the heck out of them and then, every time I walk past their shop I wave and smile. And then pointedly go into another one that treats me fairly.

I am not saying you are kii-nio for being annoyed at the double pricing. I am saying this is their justification to themselves when you get angry and walk out.

I didn't reply because this stupid thread wasn't one I wanted to come back to.

I will explain why....

What started as a thread about double pricing, degenerated into slander.

What on earth has the fact that you had a problem with the manageress of a restaurant ,got to do with where the owner keeps her jewellery and who she sleeps with?

Why do you feel the need to post that here?

What is this nonsense about testosterone? There is/was no physical threat.

My point was that how would you like it if someone exposed who you were and what you were doing, to your detriment, on this forum?

The saddest thing is that no-one on this thread seems to see the problem with what was posted.

So, as I wouldn't spend time with such people in real life, I have no desire to continue a discussion with them in a thread.

Anyone reading this thread should take note of the lack of integrity of some of the posters here and whether you would want to take their advice.

Go and make up your own mind.

dr_Pat_Pong

As far as I'm concerned, you have failed in your capacity as a moderator by allowing libellous postings, especially on a thread that you are contributing to.

Tell me about threat that you perceived yourself to be reading..

Was it where I insinuated that once I find out who 12call is, that I would post what I know about his personal life on this forum?

Of course it is against the rules and a despicable thing to do. Which is precisely my point!

Maybe one or two here might get the point now. {I won't hold my breath}

taxexile

Let's hope you don't come to my attention on Samui. I may feel the need to tell everyone who you are and what you're up to, with little regard for corroboration. :o

Reads a bit like a threat to me.

VX.The maneth has spoken.

Of course, my comments about libellous postings should have been directed against 12call....

Not matter, as the moderator did nothing about the posting anyway and seeks to analyse a post that I made. I'll leave him to it.

What posting ???

I'll give you the benefit of doubt and point you to your posting on page 4.

If you think your posting of personal comments about an identifiable person who cannot defend themselves is anything less than despicable, then 'up to you'.

What is almost equally pathetic, is the excuse for a moderator who then threatens to gag me for illustrating what a despicable act using this forum to libel someone is.

I'm sure he knows what I really think of him. But I won't use this forum to say so.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt and point you to your posting on page 4.

If you think your posting of personal comments about an identifiable person who cannot defend themselves is anything less than despicable, then 'up to you'.

What is almost equally pathetic, is the excuse for a moderator who then threatens to gag me for illustrating what a despicable act using this forum to libel someone is.

I'm sure he knows what I really think of him. But I won't use this forum to say so.

Keep it up