Proof of resident

I am married to Thai and have been coming here for 14 years we have been together for 12 of them married 4years, last year I got retirement visa but I come and go back to the UK to boost the bank balance

I wanted to do something which is not important took passport but they wanted to see Thai driving license as I don't need one I don't have one.

We have bought the house which is our second one and I remember on this one I had to sign some paperwork which was in English there was nothing much on it as far as I could see but I made assumption that it would show something about my connection to the house I then asked the Wife to show me house paperwork and all that consists of is 2 pieces of paper one has the land plan and the other has Wife's details so it got me thinking what do I need to get to show that I am here and connection to the house.

We bought the house from the sale of the 1st house for cash.

Needless to say with my money.

Unless I very much mistaken, you have no legal connection to the house, unless you have used one of the two common methods - either a usefruct or a lease.

You can get a Tabien Ban (a yellow house book), which depending on where you are located might be a short and painless process or........!!!

Since you don't know what you want or what you want it for I would suggest that you and your wife go to your local amphur and inquire about their paperwork requirements to issue you a Yellow Book to show your residency in your wife's house. Some amphurs make it quite simple to get a Yellow Book, others make you jump through many hoops. Once you find out what yours' require then you can decide if it is worth the trouble to get one

If you just need to have something for Immigration to show that you live here for either a 90 day check or extension of stay, they will normally accept just a utility bill in your name. Telephone or Internet are the easiest to get in your name since they just want your money and really don't care whose name the account is in.

On the other hand if you want to buy and register a motor vehicle or obtain a five years drivers license you will need a Residency Certificate for a small cost from the Immigration Office that does your 90 day report or a Residency Certificate issued by your Embassy for a much higher price

• Like 1

On the other hand if you want to buy and register a motor vehicle or obtain a five years drivers license you will need a Residency Certificate for a small cost from the Immigration Office that does your 90 day report or a Residency Certificate issued by your Embassy for a much higher price

Depending on where you live your local town hall or police station may be prepared to issue a certificate of residence, which is just an open official letter in Thai confirming who you are and where you live. The cost may be zero from such places (the official charge at immigration is also zero) or some tea money may be needed (as at some immigration offices). It may be easier to go with a Thai-speaking person to ask for it though, depending on how many farangs live in your area.