Chalerm vows to take all demonstration sites

webfact

Tragic events today but overall he has managed this delicate situation with great dexterity. With public opinion so strongly on his side, the protesters will be cleared off in short order...one hopes with minimum force but simply a very firm hand.

It's getting less likely by the day that the Army will coup to save him. Don't stop him trying though.

anyway, today is yet another day he is not in power so thats at a good thing!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tragic events today but overall he has managed this delicate situation with great dexterity. With public opinion so strongly on his side, the protesters will be cleared off in short order...one hopes with minimum force but simply a very firm hand.

Tragic indeed.

With police being killed today I can assure you the world over that all police and families of police in every country are sickened by this disgusting action of PDRC protestors in my opinion. The PDRC protestors killing police with guns and trying to with grenades live on TV is now in everyones living rooms all over the world.

It can be seen clearly their goal is insurrection - they do not want elections, they do not want people to be able to vote freely and they are willing to kill police in order to get their goal of an appointed government.

All in my opinion of course.

• Like 2

More Lip service?....everyday he promises some sort of action...and I ain't seen nothin...this guy must love listening to himself bark out promises of action...honestly,I've never heard or seen so much yakity yak come from one person with no results to back his words..it is absolutely hysterical...Does he have any idea what he sounds like?

No he doesn't - far too pissed and self-centred to even think (if that's possible) about it.

Just a drunken, brain-dead idiot only happy when bending over so his lord and master can shaft him whenever he wants some dirty work done.

More Lip service?....everyday he promises some sort of action...and I ain't seen nothin...this guy must love listening to himself bark out promises of action...honestly,I've never heard or seen so much yakity yak come from one person with no results to back his words..it is absolutely hysterical...Does he have any idea what he sounds like?

Yeah in most countries this kind of drivel wouldn't even be news.

These things all make absolutely no sense. Around Pan Fa, people have been camped out and sleeping. But around government house, the police didn't do much. EVen less than the 5 minute stand at Pan Fa. Suthep says he has planned a final stand around government house for tomorrow, blah blah, won't let YL into the grounds, blah blah. But then late afternoon today, when they had teh grounds surrounded, most of them left, just leaving the usual crowd that sleep around Nang Lerng. The area emptied out. Did the police move in to keep them from coming back? No. Why did the protesters leave if they want the area? Why are the police letting them come in and out as they please? Nothing makes sense at all. All the police need to do is block a few roads tomorrow morning and the protesters won't be able to go anywhere. Will they do that? There is probably a better chance it will snow in Bangkok tomorrow.

Tragic indeed.

With police being killed today I can assure you the world over that all police and families of police in every country are sickened by this disgusting action of PDRC protestors in my opinion. The PDRC protestors killing police with guns and trying to with grenades live on TV is now in everyones living rooms all over the world.

It can be seen clearly their goal is insurrection - they do not want elections, they do not want people to be able to vote freely and they are willing to kill police in order to get their goal of an appointed government.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=486429711462414&set=a.277173359054718.53413.277164659055588&type=1&theater

Then how about the protesters who are shot dead, a bullet in the face?

They deserve it right? They are Pdrc protesters so they should taste the death.

They are at the protest sites, nobody cause them death except themselves right?

Tragic indeed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=486429711462414&set=a.277173359054718.53413.277164659055588&type=1&theater

Then how about the protesters who are shot dead, a bullet in the face?

They deserve it right? They are Pdrc protesters so they should taste the death.

They are at the protest sites, nobody cause them death except themselves right?

5555 i like the name.

red buffalo !!

I'd like to know how many of you Suthep supporters posting on TVF have actually been to the protest sites, or are you just calling it in from the UK or States? How many of you have had your wife frisked while leaving a BTS station (National Stadium) by some kid that knows more about Yaba than who the PM is? Nothing but pure thugs and scum. These are the kind of people that would be doing this no matter who was in the opposition or the government. This is nothing but a great opportunity for these creatures to give meaning to their lives, in their own eyes, that is. Suthep is just using them to do his dirty work, and if he ever does get into power he'll probably throw them all back in jail where they belong.

Well, after reviewing my post, I realize I left three other major groups of protesters out. Aside from scum and thugs, there are:

• The lazy arzes that enjoy a good opportunity to sit around and complain while getting paid 500 baht per day.
  • The weekend warriors, or Bangkok middle class that comes out on Saturday afternoon with kids in tow.
  • The street vendors, who also don't care who is in charge.

If you actually came here and experienced a protest, you'd see how ridiculous backing these people is. Thank God the protesters are not the majority, or none of us would set foot in Thailand. Suthep and the democrats want to side step the democratic process because they know they will never, never, never win a majority, legally, and that's really what it all boils down to - end of story - period. Corruption is on both sides, and this is not the way to fix it.

RIP the policeman and the 3 protesters who were shot in the head.

I very much doubt the average protester took out the policeman. Most probably a trained gunman or more who could be policemen or military officers who are under instructions to create mayhem.

As tragic as today was it somehow pales into insignificance against the huge number of casualties in the south of Thailand ... which most expats, Thais north of Songkhla and the foreign media pay scant attention to.

The majority of Thais barely blink at the news. Of course, some do take a keen interest in what is happening in their city and country, but it's still largely a case of getting on with life until it personally affects them in one way or another. Part of the reason why politicians are able to get away with murder both in a non-literal and literal sense.

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Chalerm and dexterity dosn´t go well together. He is missing to many braincells.

At the end of the day ; no one wins and no one lose between Govt and PDRC The main naive losers are the public. We understand Thais are patriotic, but ....whatever.... the people decides themselves. I feel that this not a right time to celebrate of winning or jeer at the losers....may I request all Thais and expats ; to mourn and send our condolences to those that died ;early ysterday. I think, this will show to all readers the actual examples of two power feuding groups arguing with words.....but those naive human beings are being killed with no remorse. Imagine ...NOW!!! ....the family of the deceased ; especially their children having to go thru shocks , traumas and sadness. worse still what will be childrens' future like. But does anyone care for the deceased family in the future???I wait and see but as for now , we will sit , pray and wish all these power for status and power to get their hands into wealth and corruption ends as soon as possible. As the saying goes ; He who laughs best , laughs last.

Five deaths is not my idea of handled well. Putting Chalerm in charge of this matter was a big mistake, I suspect he only got the job because PTP would be happy to write him off if it all goes wrong. Which it probably will now that there are provocateurs on the loose.

The sooner they make him Minister for Peanut Cultivation and wheel him off to a dark corner the happier everyone is going to be.

Charlie Chalerm and his keystone cops are likely to have their wings clipped in short order. His bullshit is not worth responding to. Expect a tactical withdrawal whilst this saga goes on. I'm waiting on the Royal Command that drags The Shins to their knees whilst advice is issued.

" Chalerm reiterated that the CMPO would abide by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s demand that it refrain from using force in its mission. "

If this is the line Chalerm is using, he will be strongly contradicted by historians. The police were authorized to use live rounds on the protesters at one site. They threw canisters of tear-gas on people who were sitting and praying at another site. There have been three deaths, and dozens wounded. Chalerm may feel comfortable and smug nestled in the safety of press photographers, but he is a coward by any definition. And the actions of the police will now rest squarely on his shoulders.

post-3227-0-19289600-1392754796.jpg

I'd like to know how many of you Suthep supporters posting on TVF have actually been to the protest sites, or are you just calling it in from the UK or States? How many of you have had your wife frisked while leaving a BTS station (National Stadium) by some kid that knows more about Yaba than who the PM is? Nothing but pure thugs and scum. These are the kind of people that would be doing this no matter who was in the opposition or the government. This is nothing but a great opportunity for these creatures to give meaning to their lives, in their own eyes, that is. Suthep is just using them to do his dirty work, and if he ever does get into power he'll probably throw them all back in jail where they belong.

Well, after reviewing my post, I realize I left three other major groups of protesters out. Aside from scum and thugs, there are:

• The lazy arzes that enjoy a good opportunity to sit around and complain while getting paid 500 baht per day.
  • The weekend warriors, or Bangkok middle class that comes out on Saturday afternoon with kids in tow.

If you actually came here and experienced a protest, you'd see how ridiculous backing these people is. Thank God the protesters are not the majority, or none of us would set foot in Thailand. Suthep and the democrats want to side step the democratic process because they know they will never, never, never win a majority, legally, and that's really what it all boils down to - end of story - period. Corruption is on both sides, and this is not the way to fix it.

Take the post above and replace words Suthep with Thaksin and then change the year to 2010. Voila! Now you can see where the precedent was set.

Do you understand that you could substitute Suthep for Thaksin and be talking about the 2010 Red Shirt riots? Or is that lost on your simple world view...

• Like 1

"According to Chalerm, the operation to reclaim protest sites has gone smoothly so far. CMPO officials have successfully taken control of the Energy Ministry and detained more than 80 protest leaders and supporters, who will be subject to punishment for violating the Emergency Decree."

Will anyone who offers to guarantee the possible bail money, be requested to come to Chalerm's CMPO to explain that blatant financial support of a terrorist organisation ?

Do you understand that you could substitute Suthep for Thaksin and be talking about the 2010 Red Shirt riots? Or is that lost on your simple world view...

It's not 2010, it's 2014. Does a wrong in the past make it OK to wrong in the present? No!

It's not 2010, it's 2014. Does a wrong in the past make it OK to wrong in the present? No!

No it doesn't. But history needs to be remembered!

The street protesting started with the PAD yellow shirts.. they were generally peaceful (a few hotspots) then onto the RED'S in the beginning peaceful enough but the stage rhetoric ramped up pretty quickly and there were more skirmishes. Leading up to what we saw. In the beginning the Democrat government handled it with restraint after the 11th hour refusal of the UDD to accept the dissolution date. The troops were called in (note Abhisit stated that he could not just dissolve Parliament until procedures were in place to ensure the States smooth running. We are seeing why now! )

The PAD pretty much disappeared. Then onto late 2013-2014 the people came out angry at the Shinawatra clan for their belief that Thailand was being run for one families benefit. That then changed and morphed into what we see now. Personally I think Suthep lost the plot and the Democrats SHOULD have ran in the Election. I think there may have been a surprise!

Now both sides need to talk before the shit really hits the fan!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Charlie Chalerm and his keystone cops are likely to have their wings clipped in short order. His bullshit is not worth responding to. Expect a tactical withdrawal whilst this saga goes on. I'm waiting on the Royal Command that drags The Shins to their knees whilst advice is issued.

you should not be mentioning that family.

but as you do, you have shown total ignorance of the situation.

you should not be mentioning that family.

but as you do, you have shown total ignorance of the situation.

I thought you said that you had left the forum.

Bit like Thaksin quitting politics.

• Like 1