Id-protect

Toni

I am just starting on a home page and just reading various info about blocking :o

Anyway, for the time being I don't try to think about these desasters.

I am hosting in the Netherlands although I am in BKK. It have been told that all the European connections are going through Holland so speed should not be a problem.?

Now they are offering me a ID-protection service, only about 350 Baht/year, so that is not the problem. Do you think it is worthed because it seems to stop spammers and collectors of addresses. They name it "Dynamic eMail system". I am not asking this for the price but I am getting sick of scam from Africa and spam from Holland (lottery) and Thailand.

When I want to create "normal" eMail addresses which provider is the best concerning spam-protection? Now I have some with Yahoo. I don't like the company but they are unfortunately the only ones with a quit sophisticated package or am I wrong. I am willing to pay, but than NOT through Yahoo anymore!

thanks for your reactions

my hosting company offers a free service to stop people using your registration details to mail you out (fishing) mails. when doing a whois on my domain name they recieve

Smee inc c/o Free Private Reg

P.O. Box 81024

Burnaby BC V5H 4K2

CA

and they are required to send a registered letter which my hosting company will then scan and email to me. It is also to their advantage because it will stop people getting the mails encouraging them to change hosting companies. my hoster is doteasy.com.

it is worth privatising your registration details