Extension of Stay Transfer to New Passport

I have an "extension of stay" to 15APR2014, along with a multiple re-entry permit, in a Canadian passport that expires 01JUL2014. If enter Thailand with a new passport on 05MAR2014, which was issued on 01MAR2014, and does not have the retirement visa or any "extension of stay" and has no multiple re-entry permit, what will happen when I enter Thailand? Will I get to stay until 15APR2014 or will I only get to stay for 30 days?

What would be the process to get a new "extension of stay" to 15APR2015 into the new passport? Can this happen when I enter Thailand at BKK airport or should be done in the Jomtien immigration office ?

"So at the immigration office do I just ask for a new "extension of stay" or do I ask for them to also add the original Visa to the new passport?"

Visas are never transferred. The immigration officer will place details of your previous visa/extension history in the new passport.

A new extension is applied for in the same manner as previously , completed form, financial details and copies of relevant passport pages , together with a fee of 1900 baht !

Edited by olddoc

You fill out Transfer Stamp to a New Passport Form and attach copy of new passport photo page and the same for old passport plus your original visa, entry/permit to stay stamp, your most recent extension stamp and TM6 departure card.

They may ask you do copies of new passport with transfered visa info and existing extension stamp before doing the extension.

This should be a free service.

Caveat: Don't encourage corruption by capitulating to a "transfer fee" for which it is impossible to get a receipt (always a sign of an unauthorized "tea-money" donation). Some immigration officers do try it.

Khon Kaen do. 200 Baht. wink.png

I got all my data transferred from the old passport to the new in Khon Kaen last September. It was free. I guess it's just the luck of the draw as to who gets the corrupt clerk.

Did you ask for a receipt? Did they provide one?

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text