Redshirts offer Chiang Mai as alternative capital for Yingluck govt

webfact

These red shirts are blind and ignorant. I wish Thailand would split in to north and south. Let North Thailand be ruled by the Shinawatra dynasty and South Thailand by democracy. Then lets see after a couple of decades who is more advanced.

Thailand would be ruled by a democracyif the fascists in BKK would allow elections. It is small parts of the south that are being denied democracy.

The fascists in the south are following Suthep who does not want elections.

It would be a terrible thing if this great country were to be split.

What is your definition of "fascist"? A lot of people would consider Thaksin's authoritarian style as fascist. If the PTP/PPP is so anti-fascist, why would they have chosen Samak Sundaravej, one of the county's most notorious fascists, as their leader in 2008?

Get real, the Red Shirts and the PTP are not fighting for "democracy", they are fighting for the return of one of Thailand's most authoritarian rulers in decades. If they won elections and then ran the country in a manner that respected the principles of democracy I would be all for it. Unfortunately, they only get half of it right.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes sense to contemplate a permanent move to CM. It is far more suitable than Bangkok and a move could free the govt of all the hangers on living high on the hog in BKK, at taxpayers expense

Yes another greeat idea! Lets get the government to move to Chiang Mai and then we can sell them our land at a whopping profit. Wonder who owns the land? You know who does...

Another dumb as <deleted> redshirt has a brain freeze!

"The anti-government protesters have an absolute right to do anything that is under the democratic system. However, if the rallies caused trouble for the government and the country, this would be illegal and considered as destroying democracy, he added."

So, I guess they must have introduced some new laws since the Red Shirts were out "causing trouble for the government and the country" in 2010 then? Or is it only legal for Red Shirts? How "democratic"!

The guy is a hypocrite like every other Red Shirt spokesman.

.....Still I dont understand what people who belive in Sutepha thinking. What is the majority of the

thai people going to do when you take away there elected goverment, there votes, block new election,

try to use a military or juridical coup to take there will and vote away?

Maybee you should open a history book.....

And now you have block the farmers from getting payment in the rice scheme....First the EC who stated the goverment cant borrow money in a caretaker role...and then block banks to borrow out money....

1 miljon ricefarmers are more angry everyday...(of cource not sutephas fake ones....I mean the real

ones.....

SMART you are! I understand why global investors have leave the SET.......

Silly posturing and irresponsible journalism imo

Only pain would come from this and Thailand as we know it would be no more.

If Thailand splits it will not be without a lot of bloodshed and it will be years more unrest that will make the deep south issue look like a kids teaparty. In the event of a split my family and I would not hang around to watch the chaos it would bring unfold.Nor i suspect would a lot of overseas investors and business.

If Thailand splits it will not be without a lot of bloodshed and it will be years more unrest that will make the deep south issue look like a kids teaparty. In the event of a split my family and I would not hang around to watch the chaos it would bring unfold.Nor i suspect would a lot of overseas investors and business.

So it's not like it's ALL bad then, silver linings, etc.

So it's not like it's ALL bad then, silver linings, etc.

Sorry chuckles you have lost me.

What part in the break up of the country and ensuing violence that would preceded and no doubt follow would be a silver lining exactly ?

I agree that it's mostly media hype and not realistically going to happen, despite the comments and talk I've heard about it over the past 6 years of living in Chiang Mai. The thing that comes to my mind is that if there were a split, North/South, I have a feeling that the next monsoon season after, the people of the north and central would be laughing at BKK and telling them - "Gee, how's it feel to be flooded?"

All it would take is for Bangkok to invite some engineers from Holland to come sort out the problem.

It's look like sedition !!!!!!!!!

Why DSI not investigate ??????

Even the threat of a separate northern Thai state is treason.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedition

"In law, sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that is deemed by the legal authority to tend toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent (or resistance) to lawful authority. Sedition may include any commotion, though not aimed at direct and open violence against the laws. Seditious words in writing are seditious libel. A seditionist is one who engages in or promotes the interests of sedition."

Last time I checked, I believe Yingluck was the one who was elected, and so would be the one deemed to have "legal authority."

The more I look at what's been going on with Suthep and his pals in Bangkok the past several months, the more it resembles a slow motion beer hall putsch. http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/putsch.htm

First of all, you have no idea what NK is. It is absolutely incomparable. Second, bad elections or not, Yingluk was elected by the majority. The majority is stupid? May be but it is still the majority. Splitting the country means a civil war. Do you want Ukraine here? I do not. Remember, if you are a foreigner, you can forget about your little wifey and a fruit farm at the North or friendly girls from Pattaya or your condo in Phuket. Everybody will be affected and farang will take blows from the both sides.

The majority isn't stupid, since the majority didn't vote for Yingluck.[/quote O yes? Why then did not the majority vote on feb 2 and why they did not kick out Yingluc

Sent from my GT-I9082L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A lot of childish remarks so far by the know it all brigade.

You're surely referring to Petchawat, Apichart, Krissanapong and the rest of the intellectually challenged, nefarious Red Tshirt Gang.

. No

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand